United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘1054 and All That’ Is a Raucous Excursion Through Church History

Karl Keating has been a household name among Catholics since the late 1980s, when he founded a lay apostolate dedicated to Catholic apologetics and evangelization. In the 1990s I produced Al Kresta’s daily broadcast on Ave Maria Radio in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Karl’s “Catholic Answers” broadcast followed immediately after. I’d leave the radio station when our show ended at 6:00pm, and Karl would be my companion for the long drive home to Detroit.

His books, too, were extremely popular and extremely helpful for those interested in learning more about the Catholic faith. I kept on hand several copies of his Catholicism and Fundamentalism, and shared them with friends who challenged my faith. With another friend who inquired seriously, without aggression, I sometimes shared What Catholics Really Believe.

But while Karl Keating has earned his reputation writing more than 20 solid apologetic books, he’s broken the mold with this latest one. It’s an understatement to say that there’s humor in 1054 and All That: A Lighthearted History of the Catholic Church — there’s a laugh on every page!

His readers agree: Catholic writer Peter Kreeft praised the book, asking “What would it feel like to read 2,000 years of Church history in 140 pages written by Monty Python or the editors of The Onion (the successor to Punch)? Like a hundred giggles and belly laughs. Like this book.”

Continued below.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
‘1054 and All That’ Is a Raucous Excursion Through Church History

Karl Keating has been a household name among Catholics since the late 1980s, when he founded a lay apostolate dedicated to Catholic apologetics and evangelization. In the 1990s I produced Al Kresta’s daily broadcast on Ave Maria Radio in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Karl’s “Catholic Answers” broadcast followed immediately after. I’d leave the radio station when our show ended at 6:00pm, and Karl would be my companion for the long drive home to Detroit.

His books, too, were extremely popular and extremely helpful for those interested in learning more about the Catholic faith. I kept on hand several copies of his Catholicism and Fundamentalism, and shared them with friends who challenged my faith. With another friend who inquired seriously, without aggression, I sometimes shared What Catholics Really Believe.

But while Karl Keating has earned his reputation writing more than 20 solid apologetic books, he’s broken the mold with this latest one. It’s an understatement to say that there’s humor in 1054 and All That: A Lighthearted History of the Catholic Church — there’s a laugh on every page!

His readers agree: Catholic writer Peter Kreeft praised the book, asking “What would it feel like to read 2,000 years of Church history in 140 pages written by Monty Python or the editors of The Onion (the successor to Punch)? Like a hundred giggles and belly laughs. Like this book.”

Continued below.
Might need that book. On my wish list someday.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0