Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How many people do you think are throwing rocks at our border patrol agents? The incident that made all the headlines back in November involved less than 150 people and some of those people may not have even been part of the caravan. That means at least 98.5% of the people with that particular caravan didn't participate.

Is judging an entire group by the actions of a few a Biblical approach to the refugee crisis?

No one should be anywhere near our border unless they are seeking legal means to become a LEGAL immigrant by LEGAL channels and are entering our border legitimately and LEGALLY.

Praying.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not really. Discussions usually mean both parties engage in the conversation. Usually you just type "praying".

This is where you seem to fail to have a discussion. Explain to me how people in want, people who are running from gang violence and death threats, hunger and need people we need to build walls against?

I understand that you don't like the rock throwers, I don't either. But that isn't the majority of them.

The majority of them are honest people in need. Just as you indicated you once were.

Am I understanding correctly that in your reading of the Gospels that the poor and needy are to be pushed away and denied?

Yes, woe unto them.

You once said you were living on the street sleeping on the concrete. I wouldn't say you were a bad person because of that. Why are we supposed to treat these people as bad people?
You once said you were living on the street sleeping on the concrete. I wouldn't say you were a bad person because of that. Why are we supposed to treat these people as bad people?
Aaah, i see you've been paying attention.

What else did i say?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
See post #52.

It was in response to the Bible verse that was posted by the member i was responding to.

Your response to the my post (#52) makes no sense.
Your posts make no sense, brinny.

The people mentioned in the OP in the coming caravan have not yet committed any of the crimes you mention.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Your posts make no sense, brinny.

The people mentioned in the OP in the coming caravan have not yet committed any of the crimes you mention.

Your posts have nothing to do with what i post/posted, GB.

:scratch:

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is the thing that's absolutely and totally abhorrent. People are (falsely) told by activists that they can get US residency if they take children along, so they do. But taking children on such a long walk puts them through a lot of trauma and, in some cases, kills them.
that and as it's false does them no good. They also should get rid of birthright citizenship, but that is an issue for another thread.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟229,581.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No one should be anywhere near our border unless they are seeking legal means to become a LEGAL immigrant by LEGAL channels and are entering our border legitimately and LEGALLY.
That's exactly what the vast majority of the asylum seekers from Central America are doing. There is no law that says someone can't ask for asylum once they reach the US, and most of the asylum seekers aren't entering the country illegally. For example, there are still hundreds from the last caravan waiting outside our border right now for their number to be called so they can legally enter the country and request asylum.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So this caravan has started out to invade and destroy the US. There are only a few thousand of them and they're unarmed. What is their strategy? How are they planning to destroy the US?
numbers and using means like appearing to mean no harm.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See post #75. Especially this verse, brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God:

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

Good and evil are what God says they are in His Word.

What Does the Bible Say About Foreigners?

• Prayers
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As far as I gather, by having simulatenously stealing US citizens jobs and not working and sucking up social welfare money.
the second part may be true the first I doubt since most Americans are not keen on those jobs.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's exactly what the vast majority of the asylum seekers from Central America are doing. There is no law that says someone can't ask for asylum once they reach the US, and most of the asylum seekers aren't entering the country illegally. There are still hundreds from the last caravan waiting outside our border for their number to be called so they can legally enter the country and request asylum.

None are seeking "asylum". Nor are they "refugees"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It does not matter what our fleshly preferences are.

We are here temporarily in these bodies with the choice to follow Christ.

Or to refuse to follow Him.
What does that have to do with the issue of securing the border? The Bible had borders.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good and evil are what God says they are in His Word.

You are aware of those 7 things that God abhors, are you not?

Praying.

Let it rain.

7491326.gif

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If the law of the land says (as in many nations today in 2019) not to be Christian, not to worship God, Christians are not to resist that government with violence, but they are to continue to worship God, individually, and continue to follow Christ.

Even at cost of their lives.
but right now we are not being told not to follow Christ. If that were the case it would be such easier to seize assets and try to shut down worship centers ( churches) For right now in this country neither of those things are the case.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Now i'm praying--for you, Brinny. You are in a very dark and evil place and don't know it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does that have to do with the issue of securing the border? The Bible had borders.

Sincerely, we are ready to learn from scripture what God commands us.

We do know He said this --

“When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God."

New International Version
The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

King James Bible
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Young's Literal Translation
as a native among you is the sojourner to you who is sojourning with you, and thou hast had love to him as to thyself, for sojourners ye have been in the land of Egypt; I am Jehovah your God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everyone has already agreed that the U.S. can rightfully keep out criminals. But to call an ordinary Christian immigrant a 'criminal' is lying, whenever anyone does it, and to call average immigrants from Central America 'criminal' is also a lie.
They are a criminal if they opt to come here in a way not allowable by law. Now, they may not intend to commit any additional crimes once here, but the fact is if they are choosing to come in by a method not allowable by law then for that purpose they are criminals.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Now i'm praying--for you, Brinny. You are in a very dark and evil place and don't know it.

I'm praying for you.

You can count on it, Speedwell.

Praying.

Let it rain.

7491326.gif

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...it's rather curious how the rest of the Prophet Isaiah's scripture is ignored....

• "Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17
  • "The LORD enters into judgment against the elders and leaders of his people: It is you who have ruined my vineyard; the plunder from the poor is in your houses. What do you mean by crushing my people and grinding the faces of the poor?' declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty." Isaiah 3:14-15
  • "to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless." Isaiah 10:2
  • "With righteousness he will judge the needy; with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth; with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked." Isaiah 11:4
  • "The poorest of the poor will find pasture, and the needy will lie down in safety. But your root I will destroy by famine; it will slay your survivors." Isaiah 14:30
  • "You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. For the breath of the ruthless is like a storm driving against a wall." Isaiah 25:4
  • "Once more the humble will rejoice in the LORD ; the needy will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel." Isaiah 29:19
  • "The scoundrel's methods are wicked, he makes up evil schemes to destroy the poor with lies, even when the plea of the needy is just." Isaiah 32:7
  • "The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them." Isaiah 41:17
  • "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter — when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?" Isaiah 58:6-7
  • "If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday." Isaiah 58:10
  • "The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners." Isaiah 61:1

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟229,581.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was trying to type a response to this, but I just couldn't find the right words. In fact, there just aren't any words.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0