Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Everyone has already agreed that the U.S. can rightfully keep out criminals. But to call an ordinary Christian immigrant a 'criminal' is lying, whenever anyone does it, and to call average immigrants from Central America 'criminal' is also a lie.

It is criminal to attempt entry into this country illegally.

It's a crime.

And i agree with this:
Everyone has already agreed that the U.S. can rightfully keep out criminals.
Amen.

Praying.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The sponsors of these caravans need to be investigated.

What makes you think poor people need a "sponsor" to seek help?

I agree they shouldn't be throwing stones at the border, that is bad. But that isn't all that common over the history of our border.

You are asking the nation to spend $25billion (that is the real estimate for the wall as opposed to the current ask for $5.6billion) but it does not seem according to everything we know about the border issues to be a solution to anything. It won't stop the drugs, it will barely decrease illegal immigration (since the majority of illegal immigration right now seems to be arriving through official ports of entry and overstaying visas).

Why don't we take that $5.6billion and invest in more support for the CPB and better technology and (wait for it) foreign aid to help out Mexico and Central America?

Why do we have to erect a wall that won't solve much of anything but it WILL make us look like the rotting souls we seem to actually be?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Christians in the U.S. we should vote for representatives and a new president that will obey Christ instead of acting directly against God's commandments to us, about refugees.

It's good to pray to better follow Christ -- we should humbly admit we are not perfect, and need His help, and pray the prayer He gave us in Matthew chapter 6.

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Bible speaks of "refugees" seeking refuge/asylum. Not violent, illegal "invaders"/"trespassers" violently assaulting our border patrol..

And the vast, vast majority of people approaching our southern border are NOT violently assaulting our border patrol.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The people mentioned in the OP have done none of those things. What are you going on about?

See post #52.

It was in response to the Bible verse that was posted by the member i was responding to.

Your response to the my post (#52) makes no sense.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And the vast, vast majority of people approaching our southern border are NOT violently assaulting our border patrol.

See post #52.

Your post has nothing to do with my post that you responded to.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is criminal to attempt entry into this country illegally.

It's a crime.

And i agree with this:

Amen.

Praying.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" ~Isa 5:20

The refugee ceiling of 45,000 set last year was the lowest since 1980, when the modern refugee program was established. The United States is on track to admit only 22,000 refugees this year, about half the maximum allowed.

-- U.S. to sharply limit refugee flows to 30,000 in 2019 | Reuters

You don't mean these law abiding refugees, right?

Is that correct?

• Prayers
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In other words, the claim that the caravan is carrying out "deliberate and premeditated plans for, and attempts, to criminally invade our country and to attempt to cause our country's demise." is nothing but a figment of your imagination.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
See post #52.

It was in response to the Bible verse that was posted by the member i was responding to.

Your response to the my post (#52) makes no sense.
It doesn't matter what Bible quote you were responding to. You made the claim that the members of the caravan are carrying out "deliberate and premeditated plans for, and attempts, to criminally invade our country and to attempt to cause our country's demise." A claim which you apparently can't back up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
See post #52.

My post merely points out that not all (in fact very few) of the folks at the border are there with ill intent to the US.

They are people in need of help.

They are God's children, just as you are.

Sure a few threw some rocks which isn't good, nor should it be condoned.

But we defile our own humanity when we only see the evil in a mass of good people in need.

Pray, yes...but pray for help for those in need and desperate. Don't pray for a wall, don't pray that we are able to keep these people out. Pray that we can and will help however we can.

• Winner
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter what Bible quote you were responding to. You made the claim that the members of the caravan are carrying out "deliberate and premeditated plans for, and attempts, to criminally invade our country and to attempt to cause our country's demise." A claim which you apparently can't back up.

Fear is a horrible thing to live with. I understand that as well as anyone. And it's perfectly human. I think this is why Christ's teachings are so hard to follow. He seems to ask his followers to do the unthinkable: embrace enemies, give away possessions, find the good.

There's a lot religious faith can get wrong, but it should always be there to provide comfort...even if that comfort comes at a personal cost of giving up the fear.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My post merely points out that not all (in fact very few) of the folks at the border are there with ill intent to the US.

They are people in need of help.

They are God's children, just as you are.

Sure a few threw some rocks which isn't good, nor should it be condoned.

But we defile our own humanity when we only see the evil in a mass of good people in need.

Pray, yes...but pray for help for those in need and desperate. Don't pray for a wall, don't pray that we are able to keep these people out. Pray that we can and will help however we can.

We've discussed this already.

To the nth degree.

Pages and pages.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible speaks of "refugees" seeking refuge/asylum. Not violent, illegal "invaders"/"trespassers" violently assaulting our border patrol.

Praying.

“The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.”

In addition, he wrote, the homicide arrest rate for native-born Americans was “about 46 percent higher than the illegal immigrant homicide arrest rate.”

That means if you met 10,000 native born Americans, you'd be in more danger than you would if you met 10,000 illegal immigrants to the U.S.

The illegal immigrants are more law abiding than the native-born Americans.

Is Illegal Immigration Linked to More or Less Crime? - FactCheck.org

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Fear is a horrible thing to live with. I understand that as well as anyone. And it's perfectly human. I think this is why Christ's teachings are so hard to follow. He seems to ask his followers to do the unthinkable: embrace enemies, give away possessions, find the good.

There's a lot religious faith can get wrong, but it should always be there to provide comfort...even if that comfort comes at a personal cost of giving up the fear.

We've discussed this to the nth degree as well.

We are never to twist light and darkness, evil and good, and call evil what is good and good evil.

It's an abomination to the living God to do so.

As it is written:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,611.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Bible speaks of "refugees" seeking refuge/asylum. Not violent, illegal "invaders"/"trespassers" violently assaulting our border patrol.
Needless to say, NO ONE trampling through "whole countries", including Mexico, should be violently attacking and throwing rocks at our border patrol.
How many people do you think are throwing rocks at our border patrol agents? The incident that made all the headlines back in November involved less than 150 people and some of those people may not have even been part of the caravan. That means at least 98.5% of the people with that particular caravan didn't participate.

Is judging an entire group by the actions of a few a Biblical approach to the refugee crisis?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
“The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.”

In addition, he wrote, the homicide arrest rate for native-born Americans was “about 46 percent higher than the illegal immigrant homicide arrest rate.”

That means if you met 10,000 native born Americans, you'd be in more danger than if you would if you met 10,000 illegal immigrants to the U.S.

The illegal immigrants are more law abiding than the native-born Americans.

Is Illegal Immigration Linked to More or Less Crime? - FactCheck.org

See post #75. Especially this verse, brother in Christ and beloved son of the Most High God:

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We've discussed this to the nth degree as well.

Not really. Discussions usually mean both parties engage in the conversation. Usually you just type "praying".

We are never to twist light and darkness, evil and good, and call evil what is good and good evil.

This is where you seem to fail to have a discussion. Explain to me how people in want, people who are running from gang violence and death threats, hunger and need people we need to build walls against?

I understand that you don't like the rock throwers, I don't either. But that isn't the majority of them.

The majority of them are honest people in need. Just as you indicated you once were.

It's an abomination to the living God to do so.

Am I understanding correctly that in your reading of the Gospels that the poor and needy are to be pushed away and denied?

As it is written:

Yes, woe unto them.

You once said you were living on the street sleeping on the concrete. I wouldn't say you were a bad person because of that. Why are we supposed to treat these people as bad people?

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Straight from the Bible Romans 13 obey the laws of the land.
M-Bob
On one hand, you are against laws that allow abortion an same-sex marriage because of what God says in the Bible. However, when it comes to making laws against allowing foreigners into the country you ignore what God said. You are judging many to be guilty of sinning against the Lord before they have been proven guilty.

I have advocated/advocate and minister to Legal immigrants, refugees, etc.

Praying.

Upvote 0