✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a donnybrook!

I have never hear an audience boo members as many times as they did last night.

thoughts?
It “pays” to stack the audience. Looks like Bloomberg is on top of that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What a donnybrook!
I have never hear an audience boo members as many times as they did last night.
thoughts?

That so called debate was one big
Hot Mess.

Even Trump feel asleep.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I can't figure why, if Bloomberg made the decision not to enter any primaries before Super Tuesday, he would nevertheless go onto the debate stage in Nevada and South Carolina.

Doing that allowed the others to savage him, followed by him looking like a non-entity or de facto loser when the votes came in from the primary/caucus held a couple of days afterwards.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's emblematic of the Democrat Party eating itself alive, which is exactly what is going to continue to happen as the American people reject them. All the hatred and vitriol is going to come back on them.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟422,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It was a crap shoot. They kept blaming each other instead of the man they were trying to beat in the fall.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's emblematic of the Democrat Party eating itself alive, which is exactly what is going to continue to happen as the American people reject them. All the hatred and vitriol is going to come back on them.
uhmmm..."hatred and vitriol" is how President Trump got elected in 2016. It's what a lot of his base seems more then happy to support in his time in office. American politicians notice things like that. Welcome to the world President Trump has normalized/encouraged pretty much every day of his administration. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As I said earlier, Bloomberg played rope-a-dope in his first appearance, letting the dogs chew on him to get it all out of their systems.

He came on strong last night, showing that he has more chops than anyone on the stage. They all proposed what they are going to do, he told them what he has already done.

He has already risen in the SC black polls from 3% last month to 14% this month. When the primary debates are over look for his (great) ads to flood the airways, and will change minds.

The press has already declared that he will be among the finalists along with Bernie and Biden.

I believe that Bloomberg has the soul of a conservative still, and if he is the nominee I would consider voting for him. I believe that he would implement the conservative programs that we need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Bloomberg has the soul of a conservative still, and if he is the nominee I would consider voting for him. I believe that he would implement the conservative programs that we need.

Hmm. From all that I can see, he has the soul of a liberal but may nevertheless have a willingness to adopt some conservative policies because they are common sense solutions to problems.

I do agree that he is more practical in his actions, but it's a mixed bag. He's also guilty of some of the goofiest liberal policies. And compared with the current mayor of NYC, he looks like a moderate, which is how just about anyone would look.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't seen the latest one, but the prior ones are bizarre to witness. They created a moral purity code that none of them can abide by. Millionaires condem billionaires. A large swath of the party seems to have become puritanical to a club morality. That club being the exaggerated value of social media virtues. In general it appears more like a debate for class president than leader of the Free world.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. From all that I can see, he has the soul of a liberal but may nevertheless have a willingness to adopt some conservative policies because they are common sense solutions to problems.

I do agree that he is more practical in his actions, but it's a mixed bag. He's also guilty of some of the goofiest liberal policies. And compared with the current mayor of NYC, he looks like a moderate, which is how just about anyone would look.

I think Bloomberg is defined more by common sense solutions than by party.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
uhmmm..."hatred and vitriol" is how President Trump got elected in 2016.

Yes, this is what I was thinking. If it worked for the Republicans, it can work for the Democrats too. Nobody will remember in a couple of months.

I did think that last night was ridiculous, though. I was particularly disappointed with Warren for the almost manic attacks on Bloomberg, maybe because she's my favorite so I always pay more attention to her. I guess perhaps she's just given up and is trying to take him down with her, but throwing substantiated dirt at him would be more productive than unsubstantiated dirt. I don't know, but Buttigieg seemed like the only adult in the room this time. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this is what I was thinking. If it worked for the Republicans, it can work for the Democrats too. Nobody will remember in a couple of months.

I did think that last night was ridiculous, though. I was particularly disappointed with Warren for the almost manic attacks on Bloomberg, maybe because she's my favorite so I always pay more attention to her. I guess perhaps she's just given up and is trying to take him down with her, but throwing substantiated dirt at him would be more productive than unsubstantiated dirt. I don't know, but Buttigieg seemed like the only adult in the room this time. :rolleyes:

Warren is through. Buttigieg is a smart robot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm..."hatred and vitriol" is how President Trump got elected in 2016. It's what a lot of his base seems more then happy to support in his time in office. American politicians notice things like that. Welcome to the world President Trump has normalized/encouraged pretty much every day of his administration. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

Good to know that they are no better than the President.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
uhmmm..."hatred and vitriol" is how President Trump got elected in 2016.

If you're talking about how the Republican Primaries in 2016 were contentious and that's what got Trump elected nonsense. He was elected because voters wanted someone who would drain the swamp in Washington.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It makes me wonder if some of these what are called moderate Dems on the stage don't want Bernie elected than why didn't some of them drop out to allow a different moderate to get more delegates?

So they went after Sanders over issues A, B, C, and D. What I think they lose sight of is for the most part none of those things matter. His supporters will back him over cancelling student debt. In their way of thinking why should they care what he thinks about Castro? And why should they care if a point is being tried to be made that Russia wants Bernie. So what? They want their debts cancelled period. So I hardly think they've achieved of having moved the needle of Bernie's support at all.

It'll be interesting to see how Biden scores with SC returns. He has to hit a home run or he's done. Thus it'll really come down to Bloomberg and Sanders. Anyway you look at it you'll end up with a Party split in two and you only need a small percentage not to show up at the election and Trump wins. No matter what we see in the near future with all the pretended excitement about the Democrats going into the election they're really now in a state of checkmate because of Trump and his achievements. One could say the clock is ticking towards their inevitable defeat.

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually go to bed at 10 p.m., so I couldn't decide if I wanted to watch the debate or the Duke-Wake game, or could I stay awake that long.

I switched back and forth, but soon decided that the game was more exciting. So I watch the upset by Wake. The rest of the debate I can find out because the news will talk and talk all week.

The next few months will be more and more of the same old stuff. Trump is going to be elected, anyway.

Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟244,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
More of the same, though the circus wasn't quite as bad this time. Buttigieg looked pretty good, Klobuchar and Bloomberg actually had some substantial things to say, and Bernie took some minor glancing blows. I thought Steyer was done?

They need to just cut mics. Easy peazy, and it would honor time management as well as following the rules. The billionaires were, by far, the least obnoxious in talking over time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0