Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Having established the exact timing of 2000 years between each of the pivotal points of human history, we are now aware of the soon to come 6000th year since Adam.
This approaching critical point is plainly obvious from many aspects of our current situation.

But will Jesus Return at year 6000? I now consider that 2000 years since Jesus was acclaimed King, will not see His Return, for this reason:

What I think will constitute that hugely important mark will be Satan declaring himself to be God, after he has conquered God’s holy people: Daniel 7:25, Revelation 13:5-8, which happens 3 ½ years before Jesus Returns.

So we have Jesus being declared as King: John 12:12-15.then 2000 years later; Satan usurps Jesus: 2 Thessalonians 2:4, and rules the world until Jesus Returns; 1260 days later and defeats Satan and his armies: Revelation 19:17-21

This 1260 day period will be a hiatus, a pause in God’s timing and the last part of the silence in heaven, recommencing when Jesus Returns as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to reign on earth for the next thousand years.

As I maintain that all the Prophesied end times events will take at least 10 years, then this scenario fits with where we are at today: 1993 years since 30 AD.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any reason you go with the genealogies of the masoretic text and not of the Septuagint that was used by the apostles and the most of the church?

According to Septuagint, Adam was created at around 5307 BC, that would make our current year 7330.

• Winner
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Any reason you go with the genealogies of the masoretic text and not of the Septuagint that was used by the apostles and the most of the church?

According to Septuagint, Adam was created at around 5307 BC, that would make our current year 7330.
I use the Bible. the Book given to us by God.
The time periods as stated in the Bible add 3970.5 BC as the time when Adam was created. Our current year is 5993 since Creation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I use the Bible. the Book given to us by God.
The time periods as stated in the Bible add 397o.5 BC as the time when Adam was created. Our current year is 5993 since Creation.

That year is based upon the masoretic text, I suppose. I am asking why did you choose this text.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Little children, it is the last time. And as ye have heard that Antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists, whereby we know that this is the last time. (1 John 2:18)

Bingo! the last times, according to the Bible, were in the first century.

Peter stated it was the last days (acts 2:16-17) and the end of the all things had drawn near (1 Peter 4:7).

Paul said the end of the ages had come upon them ( 1 Corinthians 10:11)

The author of Hebrews said Christ would come in a little while without delay (Hebrews 10:37)

James said the coming of the Lord had drawn near (James 5:8-9)

John said it was the last times or last hour (1 john 2:18-19).

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Peter stated it was the last days (acts 2:16-17) and the end of the all things had drawn near (1 Peter 4:7).

Paul said the end of the ages had come upon them ( 1 Corinthians 10:11)

The author of Hebrews said Christ would come in a little while without delay (Hebrews 10:37)

James said the coming of the Lord had drawn near (James 5:8-9)

John said it was the last times or last hour (1 john 2:18-19).
Yeah, we're still in the last times.

Since the sun, moon, and stars have not been taken from the sky - time as defined in the creation still continues.

So thread question answered: We are already in the last times.

Since the two three and a half times of Daniel are manifested in revelation as a three and a half years of witnessing and three and a half days of the two witnesses lying dead until being risen from the dead .. what a "time" means is relative to signs God sets into motion, and cannot be determined by the solar clock.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
That year is based upon the masoretic text, I suppose. I am asking why did you choose this text.
As I said, use The Bible, in modern translation. The Book God gave to we Christians.
Does the fact that we are very close to dramatic events mot suit your beliefs?
Obviously it doesn't suit your paradigm.
The audience that the Apostles wrote to was not the Jews who had rejected Jesus, but to Christians throughout the age and especially those alive today. Their warnings are for us and you ignore and reject them at your peril.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I said, use The Bible, in modern translation. The Book God gave to we Christians.
Does the fact that we are very close to dramatic events mot suit your beliefs?
Bible has many versions and it is compiled from various textual families and variants into a various number of translations.

If you simply go with the one you randomly purchased, without a reason, then your math based on it is not too relevant.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Bible has many versions and it is compiled from various textual families and variants into a various number of translations.

If you simply go with the one you randomly purchased, without a reason, then your math based on it is not too relevant.
I disagree. ALL the Bible versions have the time periods of the Patriarchs, the Kings of Israel and Judah, and years from the Exodus to the Temple, etc, the same.
Show me any discrepancy. Anyway; argument over those sort of issues, is moot and irrelevant, as the reality of todays situation makes a soon to happen dramatic change inevitable.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. ALL the Bible versions have the time periods of the Patriarchs, the Kings of Israel and Judah, and years from the Exodus to the Temple, etc, the same.
Show me any discrepancy. Anyway; argument over those sort of issues, is moot and irrelevant, as the reality of todays situation makes a soon to happen dramatic change inevitable.
Just google "genealogies masoretic text vs Septuagint". As I said, according to Septuagint, today is the year 7330 since creation, which is very relevant to your topic, because you obviously like round, symbolic numbers.

The reality of todays situation is nothing dramatic compared to history. Actually, the world is in the most advanced and peaceful era ever.
I recommend you to read Factfullness by Hans Rosling, or at least check his website: Gapminder to realize you are fed with dramatic events in the West to get your attention - views and clicks. Its not the whole picture of reality.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just google "genealogies masoretic text vs Septuagint". As I said, according to Septuagint, today is the year 7330 since creation, which is very relevant to your topic, because you obviously like round, symbolic numbers.

The reality of todays situation is nothing dramatic compared to history. Actually, the world is in the most advanced and peaceful era ever.
I recommend you to read Factfullness by Hans Rosling, or at least check his website: Gapminder to realize you are fed with dramatic events in the West to get your attention - views and clicks. Its not the whole picture of reality.
Basically, you don't seem to believe that God controls everything. He Created everything and the outcome of it all will be what He desires.
Do you think the world will just continue on like it has for ever? Not likely!

Many Prophesies tell us when, how and why God will act to correct mankind. But people with your type of mindset will be taken by surprise and will not know which way to turn: Luke 21:25-26

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Basically, you don't seem to believe that God controls everything. He Created everything and the outcome of it all will be what He desires.
Do you think the world will just continue on like it has for ever? Not likely!

Many Prophesies tell us when, how and why God will act to correct mankind. But people with your type of mindset will be taken by surprise and will not know which way to turn: Luke 21:25-26
God controls everything and so He also controls that there is the Septuagint and various textual readings and unreliable genealogies. And we as humans must deal with it, not to ignore it.

Please, stop being personal. If you expect the end of the world, then you will have no advantage over me or anybody else. There is no secret "way to turn to" during such event. The only possible preparation for anybody is to live a good life. And this applies in all ages and all places.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God controls everything and so He also controls that there is the Septuagint and various textual readings and unreliable genealogies. And we as humans must deal with it, not to ignore it.
God is not the author of confusion. There is one Bible, our guide, teacher and our comforter.
Saying we must consult every relevant text, makes it impossible to ascertain the truth.
The only possible preparation for anybody is to live a good life.
No. We are told what the Lord plans to do. To reject and ignore His Words of warning, is tantamount to sin and leaves us clueless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟148,947.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is not the author of confusion. There is one Bible, our guide, teacher and our comforter.
Saying we must consult every relevant text, makes it impossible to ascertain the truth.
You truly should consult every relevant text if you want to teach some eschatology publicly. Thats a basic ethics of teaching. Another basic principle is to admit you cannot guarantee you have "the truth". Thats the difference between teaching and spreading a dogma.

No. We are told what the Lord plans to do. To reject and ignore His Words of warning, is tantamount to sin and leaves us clueless.
Just live a good life, its like preparing for death that can come today or any other day. There is no special way you can prepare for a world wide cataclysmic event just by guessing that "we are close". What practical steps do you take to prepare or what do you want us to do to prepare? Are you hoarding food or something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously it doesn't suit your paradigm.
The audience that the Apostles wrote to was not the Jews who had rejected Jesus, but to Christians throughout the age and especially those alive today. Their warnings are for us and you ignore and reject them at your peril.

the audience of the apostles’ letters were the first century peoples.

I reject your personal interpretation of scripture, which has made failed past predictions.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, we're still in the last times.

Since the sun, moon, and stars have not been taken from the sky - time as defined in the creation still continues.

So thread question answered: We are already in the last times.

Since the two three and a half times of Daniel are manifested in revelation as a three and a half years of witnessing and three and a half days of the two witnesses lying dead until being risen from the dead .. what a "time" means is relative to signs God sets into motion, and cannot be determined by the solar clock.

I disagree with changing the definitions of words, like making near mean far off, but in “God’s time”.

God can tell us when things are literally far off and has done so. Daniel 8:26 is a great example. So it make no sense to argue “God’s time relativity”.

Instead, What you could argue is the “prophetic perfect idiom”, which doesn’t change the definition of the words, and was a common literary tool used in ancient Hebrew.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You truly should consult every relevant text if you want to teach some eschatology publicly.
That is a flat out impossibility and simply a waste of time and effort.
I do know a lot of history, that subject is a favourite of mine, so I can tie in the Bible stories with historical facts.

The timeline as given to us by the Bible prophets, does mesh with what we know did happen.
Just live a good life, its like preparing for death that can come today or any other day. There is no special way you can prepare for a world wide cataclysmic event just by guessing that "we are close". What practical steps do you take to prepare or what do you want us to do to prepare? Are you hoarding food or something?
Basically, you are telling God that you don't care about the many Prophesies He has given to us about what He plans for our future.
Kowing what is coming will be a big help to get thru it all.
The main practical step to take, is to have a place to shelter in for the 24 hours of extreme heat, storms and earthquakes of the Day of the Lords fiery wrath. Isaiah 26:20-21, Revelation 6:12-17

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,055.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
the audience of the apostles’ letters were the first century peoples.
Now: those letters and the Gospels are the most important part of our Bible.

From your scathing and accusing responses to anyone who promotes the Prophetic Word, it looks like you are worried that you might actually have to face scary and dramatic events.

Upvote 0