Canada
✟1,869.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
''Lord of The Rings 1: The Fellowship of The Ring'' by J. R. R. Tolkien.

I really liked Harry Potter. And I've heard so much about J. R. R. Tolkiet, About how he's the best Fantasy Writer. And since the movies weren't bad, I decided to read it too.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
do a lot of reading on Kindle. its so hard to find decent christian books, because apparently, one mention of the word God, and it qualifies as christian. Have started to read many books, but couldn't even finish.
Sorry for the rant
The touch, by Randall Wallace is a great book about faith

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not allowed to watch Harry Potter because its about witches and wizards, and the Bible clearly teaches against them.

My parents usually match up movies against the Bible to see if any are sinful or not, and if they are, then we don't watch them.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Finishing up Let You mind run. Can't recommend it as a Christian book as most of her philosophies are not Christian. She comes from a Jewish upbringing but I think it's more cultural. Interesting for discussion and the training that the mind must go through for running. I'm not out to set any records but this has given me some good framework for training next year for a full Marathon.
IMG_20211017_122818.jpg

Upvote 0

Rose04

Oct 25, 2021
Melbourne
✟15,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"The Phoenix Protocol" by August Dunning.

It's a guide to dry fasting. I fast quite a bit, mostly intermittent fasting and water fasting. I've yet to try dry fasting because I'm still too chicken, but the book details the intense physical and spiritual benefits of the overall process. Definitely enjoyed the read.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the past few months I started with Dostoyevsky the Brothers Karamozov.
Then took a beak with Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
Went back to Dostoyevsky for The Idiot. That is the last book I finished.

I started Rushdie Satanic verses and quite.
Starting Kazansakis the Last Temptation of Christ
and again Dostoy's Crime and Punishment.

Also reading Fowler's Stages of Faith
and Van der Kolk The Body Keeps the Score.

and Sri Aurobino's Savitri.

I read the slowly so it takes a long time and I go back and forth.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right now going through the book Built from Broken. Has to do with the process of athletes getting injuries and recovery and back to getting injuries. Natural ways for recovery and building the body to a better state. Hoping to implement some of the exercises as I go through my recovery for a rupture plantar fasciitis. I like how the book comes from a natural angle. My physical therapist did not care for the book. Which explains why we don't see eye to eye on some things.

Had my first class on aqua jogging last Friday and it was awesome! For the next few months I will probably be focusing on water activity and strength training.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums