Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Thomas Gunderson, a man shot in the leg during the recent shooting in Vegas, stands to meet the President and First Lady,

Mr. Gunderson writes on his Facebook page,

"I will never lie down when the President of this great country comes to shake my hand! There may be plenty of issues in this country but I will always respect my country, my president and my flag. Shot in the leg or not, I will stand to show my President the respect he deserves!"

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Pretty cool. Great example. Prayers for quick recovery. May God bless all in this video.
Thank for the response.
I believe that you've noted in previous post that the Las Vegas area is your current home. Is there a somber mood in the area?

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank for the response.
I believe that I've heard you mention in previous post that the Las Vegas area is your current home. Is there a somber mood in the area?
Moods vary from person to person. I was in a car dealership for hours reading the Bible and waiting for my car to be service, while others around were watching a home fixer-upper TV program, skipping through the hall, laughing, talking, business as usual. Mood depends on focus. People at home obsessed with watching news coverage of the tragedy of course are "somber". Others on social media write tributes and calls for prayer. Local TV shows a call for prayer, and I find that amazing, and good. Life goes on, but Las Vegans now have something that is a part of them that the memory of may bring a somber mood for some time. Thanks for asking.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well with that many wounded I guess it wasn’t too hard to find suitable White House candidate for the photo op.

I trust nobody believes they just picked the guy at random or something?
Pictures were taken with other patients, as well as with the hospital staff.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Moods vary from person to person. I was in a car dealership for hours reading the Bible and waiting for my car to be service, while others around were watching a home fixer-upper TV program, skipping through the hall, laughing, talking, business as usual. Mood depends on focus. People at home obsessed with watching news coverage of the tragedy of course are "somber". Others on social media write tributes and calls for prayer. Local TV shows a call for prayer, and I find that amazing, and good. Life goes on, but Las Vegans now have something that is a part of them that the memory of may bring a somber mood for some time. Thanks for asking.
The calls for prayer are good.
I recall reading the Bible the last time that I waited for my car to be serviced. A person walking through the waiting area noticed me reading it, and remarked, "You've got some good reading there."

Upvote 0

Dawnhammer

Mar 5, 2017
Denmark
✟23,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pictures were taken with other patients, as well as with the hospital staff.

And you think they would have published an interview if the guy had said that the president could actually try to change some gun laws instead of gathering free sympathy points by visiting the victims?

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The calls for prayer are good.
I recall reading the Bible the last time that I waited for my car to be serviced. A person walking through the waiting area noticed me reading it, and remarked, "You've got some good reading there."
I had the same thing happen to me. It came from an employee that was in the showroom I wanted to wait it. Then the man handling my car came and told me he was a Jew that had become a Christian after meeting the woman that would become his wife. I then heard another employee tell a client "God bless you." Then I saw a man walk by with a cross on the back of his T-shirt. I thought "What a lot of evidence of people believing in God in this place."

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
And you think they would have published an interview if the guy had said that the president could actually try to change some gun laws instead of gathering free sympathy points by visiting the victims?
It wasn't an interview. The patient who stood posted the video with his remarks (quoted in the OP) on his Facebook page.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It wasn't an interview. The patient who stood posted the video with his remarks (quoted in the OP) on his Facebook page.
Some people just don't understand or believe that a president can just want to show that he wants to represent his country that cares, by showing up in people's place as their elected leader, and express that care to those that have been hurt, and that it is not to gain sympathy points or make a political statement. Pres. George Bush use to make such visits secretly at times, and nobody even knew about it. When certain visits did become known, it showed he was above politics, and was just showing care on the human level, not for any political gain. We need to just leave it at that, when that is the case, and not take pot shots at such presidents.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you honestly say that you think this character description would fit Trump?
Yes, but I don't know him personally, and neither do you, nor do we know what is truly in his heart from day to day. Some might judge him by what they have read or seen reported in the past, and sometimes the long ago past, and WANT to hang on to the dislike of what they saw. I am going to chose to think well of this person, and give him the benefit of the doubt, for his good, the country's good, your good, and my own mind's good. If one wants to do otherwise, that doesn't necessarily speak truth about Pres. Trump, but doesn't speak negatively of that one themselves. The choice belongs to each individual. Are we going to contribute good to this world, or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
500 victims, how many did they have to try before they got their glurge-y jingoistic photo op?
So are you looking to be a positive help, or are you looking to continue to try to hurt someone, such as the President?

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So are you looking to be a positive help, or are you looking to continue to try to hurt someone, such as the President?
Huh? I thought my comment was fairly self explanatory but if you need more explanation, I find overly contrived attempts at emotional manipulation cringe worthy.

If Trump wanted to visit victims in hospital, great. So visit them. Don't use it as a point scoring opportunity.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟319,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Huh? I thought my comment was fairly self explanatory but if you need more explanation, I find overly contrived attempts at emotional manipulation cringe worthy.

If Trump wanted to visit victims in hospital, great. So visit them. Don't use it as a point scoring opportunity.
Proverbs 26:4-5. Wishing You God's enlightenment and His very best. Isaiah 55:8-9.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My mama raised me right, so I would stand for the POTUS out of respect for the office. Even though the man currently in it has eroded all hope of respecting him personally. Good for him.

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0