Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
lol its was a hard crowd! Maybe they are too thin skinned for that type of thing.

I felt bad for him myself last night.
There were a few times I thought he was really losing them but was pretty good at turning things around when he saw he had to. Tough crowd, for sure.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol its was a hard crowd! Maybe they are too thin skinned for that type of thing.

I felt bad for him myself last night.

Wait, what??? Donald Trump, thin-skinned???
Perish the thought. :rolleyes:

(He can certainly dish it out, but several debates later, we now know he can't really take it. Just ask Mr. Rubio.)

If only his thinness were skin deep....then again, his thickness is to da bone
(if we speak, I say, if we speak of mental constitution, that is)...

48707539.jpg

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought the racial slurs employed crude and completely unnecessary. But also indicative. The Zodiac Killer line was humorous once, but the repetitive nature of the joke was like watching someone performing for their first time at open mike night. I felt bad for the guy. But then not really.

Oh, and the NFL is a meritocracy.

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
I thought the racial slurs employed crude and completely unnecessary.
So racial slurs bother you, but racial disparities don't? Here's what you said a few months ago about blacks having to wait twice as long to vote:
The guarantee is the right to vote, not how long one may have to wait in line to vote. This particular issue is non-starter, a red herring, and isn't worth a research study used to confirm bias.
You should stop pretending to care about racism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yikers! Did anyone see that last night?

Some of them were rather funny, but man alive I thought he was going to booed and hissed off the stage last night.
Yikes. They paid him for that? :eek:
I caught Obama's segment. That was pretty funny. Great writers , but this guy was bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So racial slurs bother you, but racial disparities don't? Here's what you said a few months ago about blacks having to wait twice as long to vote:

That isn't all I said about it.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I thought the racial slurs employed crude and completely unnecessary.

No white comedian would dare touch on race a quarter as much as he did. Call it black priviledge.

Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Let the crocodile tears about racial slurs begin, "Why can't I say the word?!" You can; Louis CK does, George Carlin did. It's always about context, the whiners seem to ignore this. They jump to the defense of racists as if all usage of the word is the same. They also ignore something they do themselves, e.g., they will criticize their own country, but get angry at a foreigner doing the same. How many times have you seen posters in these threads ask someone about their nationality when discussing certain political or social topics? It happens quite often.

Wilmore had a good set, he just the right amount of burns for the press. :)

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Let the crocodile tears about racial slurs begin, "Why can't I say the word?!" You can; Louis CK does, George Carlin did. It's always about context, the whiners seem to ignore this. They jump to the defense of racists as if all usage of the word is the same. They also ignore something they do themselves, e.g., they will criticize their own country, but get angry at a foreigner doing the same. How many times have you seen posters in these threads ask someone about their nationality when discussing certain political or social topics? It happens quite often.

Wilmore had a good set, he just the right amount of burns for the press. :)
The Zodiac killer part dragged on a bit too long but overall, pretty good comedy considering the event.

I just say enjoy it now... The next Correspondent's Dinner probably won't be so funny with either Hillary or (heaven forbid) Trump at the butt of the jokes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The Zodiac killer part dragged on a bit too long but overall, pretty good comedy considering the event.

I just say enjoy it now... The next Correspondent's Dinner probably won't be so funny with either Hillary or (heaven forbid) Trump at the butt of the jokes.
Yeah, the Zodiac Killer thing was funny, and then he kept doing it. His comic timing wasn't up to snuff later in that joke. Yeah... we got it, Zodiac Killer, ha ha. Move on. :)

I think the Correspondent's Dinner will be funny with Hillary because they'll probably make Bill part of the joke, like "I'm back home!" The more salacious (and brave) comedians might make a joke about Hillary being in the Oval Office and think about all the historic events that happened at that desk...

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, the Zodiac Killer thing was funny, and then he kept doing it. His comic timing wasn't up to snuff later in that joke. Yeah... we got it, Zodiac Killer, ha ha. Move on. :)

I think the Correspondent's Dinner will be funny with Hillary because they'll probably make Bill part of the joke, like "I'm back home!" The more salacious (and brave) comedians might make a joke about Hillary being in the Oval Office and think about all the historic events that happened at that desk...
Oh there is definitely good potential material with the Clintons. Then again, a good comedian can turn just about anything into comedy.

Upvote 0