Large study finds hydroxychloroquine Covid-19 treatments linked to greater risk of death & heart a

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Large study finds hydroxychloroquine Covid-19 treatments linked to greater risk of death and heart arrhythmia

All four of those treatments were linked with a higher risk of dying in the hospital. About 1 in 11 patients in the control group died in the hospital. About 1 in 6 patients treated with chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone died in the hospital. About 1 in 5 treated with chloroquine and an antibiotic died and almost 1 in 4 treated with hydroxychloroquine and an antibiotic died.​

The drug lengthens the Q-T interval in the heart, setting up the increase chance of serious heart arrhythmia, particularly a type of venticular tachycardia called Torsade de Pointes.
It always had side effects.

The study is found here:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6/fulltext

In this large multinational real-world analysis, we did not observe any benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine (when used alone or in combination with a macrolide) on in-hospital outcomes, when initiated early after diagnosis of COVID-19. Each of the drug regimens of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine alone or in combination with a macrolide was associated with an increased hazard for clinically significant occurrence of ventricular arrhythmias and increased risk of in-hospital death with COVID-19.​

I don't think it is wise for the President to take the drug, if he is, or to promote its use in Covid - 19.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it is wise for the President to take the drug, if he is, or to promote its use in Covid - 19.

I don't think it's prudent for any President to peddle medical advice. Responsible leaders know better.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I don't think it's prudent for any President to peddle medical advice. Responsible leaders know better.
Every last thing the president says around the subject of covid19 is ultimately about medical advice. Are you saying all presidents, no matter who, should be silent on such a subject, or just Trump?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

His doctor seems to disagree.

I have taken Hydroxychloroquine six separate times for an anti malaria med when I went to Belize, Honduras and west Africa. It was prescribed by my physician (just like the President), because of its 40 plus years of safe use.

I had zero side effects and it did not interfere with any medications I was taking.

The day before the President spoke of it for the first time, the drug was globally recognized and endorsed for its safety record.

Two weeks later, it’s a killer.

Anyone else wondering why?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
header design 1+.jpg

Can not anyone, conduct a study to push their point of view. And take that study and build a case for their objective.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every last thing the president says around the subject of covid19 is ultimately about medical advice. Are you saying all presidents, no matter who, should be silent on such a subject, or just Trump?

I'm saying no President should be suggesting citizens take x drug to treat a condition.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this drug authorized by the FDA as a "preventative" COVID-19 treatment?

is any drug? There are plenty of doctors and front line workers internationally using it.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well it doesn't seem to have been a problem for past Presidents to not talk about those things. Evidently now is the only time it's ever needed to be said. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is any drug? There are plenty of doctors and front line workers internationally using it.

I am not aware of any prescription drug that has been authorized for "preventative use". I could be wrong. I do know that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were not authorized by the FDA for such use.

https://www.fda.gov/media/136784/download

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
His doctor seems to disagree.

I have taken Hydroxychloroquine six separate times for an anti malaria med when I went to Belize, Honduras and west Africa. It was prescribed by my physician (just like the President), because of its 40 plus years of safe use.

I had zero side effects and it did not interfere with any medications I was taking.

The day before the President spoke of it for the first time, the drug was globally recognized and endorsed for its safety record.

Two weeks later, it’s a killer.

Anyone else wondering why?

It wasn't globally endorsed at all for Covid-19.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Interesting that you got it to go to Belize. I live in Belize most of the time (except the last 6 months) and the risk is low. No one down there I know is on the drug, and I live out in the boonies. Lots and lots of Americans go there and do not get malaria or take the drug.

It has side effects:
Hydroxychloroquine (Oral Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic

It is very important that your doctor check your progress at regular visits to make sure that this medicine is working properly. Blood tests may be needed to check for unwanted effects.

Check with your doctor immediately if blurred vision, difficulty with reading, or any other change in vision occurs during or after treatment. Your doctor may want your eyes be checked by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor).

Contact your doctor right away if you have any changes to your heart rhythm. You might feel dizzy or faint, or you might have a fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat. Make sure your doctor knows if you had a heart rhythm problem such as QT prolongation.

This medicine may cause muscle and nerve problems. Check with your doctor right away if you have muscle weakness, pain, or tenderness while using this medicine.....

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't globally endorsed at all for Covid-19.

I never said it was. I said before the President mentioned it, the drug was globally recognized for its safety record. Then within days of the mere mention by the President it became a killer

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting that you got it to go to Belize. I live in Belize most of the time (except the last 6 months) and the risk is low. No one down there I know is on the drug, and I live out in the boonies. Lots and lots of Americans go there and do not get malaria or take the drug.

It has side effects:
Hydroxychloroquine (Oral Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic

It is very important that your doctor check your progress at regular visits to make sure that this medicine is working properly. Blood tests may be needed to check for unwanted effects.

Check with your doctor immediately if blurred vision, difficulty with reading, or any other change in vision occurs during or after treatment. Your doctor may want your eyes be checked by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor).

Contact your doctor right away if you have any changes to your heart rhythm. You might feel dizzy or faint, or you might have a fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat. Make sure your doctor knows if you had a heart rhythm problem such as QT prolongation.

This medicine may cause muscle and nerve problems. Check with your doctor right away if you have muscle weakness, pain, or tenderness while using this medicine.....

aspirin has side effects. Tylenol has side effects, both aspirin and Tylenol have more reactions historically. than hydroxychloroquine.

My last trip to Dandriga was in 2001 and it was prescribed by me physician. We came to minister in the Garifuna Festival

In 2001 this is what was written:

Hydroxychloroquine is an immunomodulatory drug that has been used for 60 years to treat malaria and autoimmune diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus and inflammatory arthritis, and potential new uses and benefits continue to emerge. Toxicity concerns have been addressed with updated prescribing recommendations.
In the years that followed the uses were expanded and used globally for a diverse set of issues. It was regarded for four decades as one of the safest drugs on the market - until a couple days after Trump talked about it - now suddenly it is a killer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
aspirin has side effects. Tylenol has side effects, both aspirin and Tylenol have more reactions historically. than hydroxychloroquine.

My last trip to Dandriga was in 2001 and it was prescribed by me physician. We came to minister in the Garifuna Festival
Well, there were 3 cases of it in 2018 in all of Belize. I'd be more concerned about dengue or chagas.

Aspirin and Tylenol do not cause prolonged QT intervals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I never said it was. I said before the President mentioned it, the drug was globally recognized for its safety record. Then within days of the mere mention by the President it became a killer

To a degree though harsher on those over 60. It causes vision issues.

The study speaks for itself. Patients are more likely to die from Covid-19 if they took the drug. The FDA warned against using the drug outside of the hospital or clinical trials.

Here is an article on the side effects from CMAJ (Canadian Medical Assoc. Journal):
https://www.cmaj.ca/content/cmaj/early/2020/04/08/cmaj.200528.full.pdf

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thousands of Doctors: Yes, Hydroxychloroquine Works Against Wuhan Coronavirus

California:
Dr. Anthony Cardillo said he has seen very promising results when prescribing hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc for the most severely-ill COVID-19 patients.

"Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

Cardillo is the CEO of Mend Urgent Care, which has locations in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys and Burbank.
NJ:
Smith, who is treating 72 COVID-19 patients, said that he has been treating "everybody with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin [an antibiotic]. We’ve been doing so for a while.”

He pointed out that not a single COVID-19 patient of his that has been on the hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin regimen for five days or more has had to be intubated.
Globally:
Of the 6,227 physicians surveyed in 30 countries, 37 percent rated hydroxychloroquine the “most effective therapy” for combating the potentially deadly illness, according to the results released Thursday.

The survey, conducted by the global health care polling company Sermo, also found that 23 percent of medical professionals had prescribed the drug in the US — far less than other countries.​

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship