Land of Eden...

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Where is Eden located?

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Where is Nod? It would be the place where Cain built his city, Enoch, after his son.

Gen 4:17 And he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Where is the city of Enoch? .... ??

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Where is Eden located?

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Where is Nod? It would be the place where Cain built his city, Enoch, after his son.

Gen 4:17 And he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Where is the city of Enoch? .... ??
This is all you need to know.

Gen. 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

It would appear as though God doesn't want anyone to find where it is,

Remember, there was a Flood, we don't even know where Noah started from.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,721.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No one really knows where Eden is! Some think it was perhaps located in the marsh lands of Mesopotamia, modern day Iraq, because of the general location and the ancient name for the region being somewhat close to "Eden". But because of the flood and the change over time, I think it's impossible to verify.

Broadly speaking, any history before 3000 BC gets pretty fuzzy and is subject to a great deal of interpretation. There are many historical places in the Bible that are unknown to us, such as where the Tower of Babylon was, where the Hebrews crossed the Red Sea, where Mount Sinai is - or even later questions such as where Jesus was buried etc. Though there exist many compelling theories and a lot of tradition to give us some ideas.

Nod and the City of Enoch - I'm sure there are many theories, but I'd be inclined to guess some place in Mesopotamia because that's where the first cities that we know of started to appear. In Abraham's day, Ur, Uruk, Akkad, City of Babylon, Mari, Assur and Nineveh were notably established and unlike any place on the earth. If this is where civilisation started after the flood, it could make sense to trace it back to even earlier cities, like Nod and Enoch; especially if Eden and Babylon was in this region - though we don't know. Furthermore, who knows what the world was like before the flood.

In any case, I believe God intended it this way. If we knew exactly where Eden was, I think a lot of people would obsess over the area and it would inevitably become a "holy site" which would distract from the Gospel. What's important is that we have a firm promise of a new Eden through our Lord Jesus Christ! :)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Gen. 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

It would appear as though God doesn't want anyone to find where it is,

It doesn't appear that way to me.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

[John 14:6]

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't appear that way to me.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

[John 14:6]
You are talking about the Tree of Life, which is in the Garden, which is Christ, that is the Spiritual understanding.

What the questioner was asking was the Physical location of the land of Eden.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You are talking about the Tree of Life, which is in the Garden, which is Christ, that is the Spiritual understanding.

What the questioner was asking was the Physical location of the land of Eden.

When Adam walked in the garden; Yahweh was with him.

Let's suppose that the Tree of Life is Yahshua. Where is Yahshua now?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When Adam walked in the garden; Yahweh was with him.

Let's suppose that the Tree of Life is Yahshua. Where is Yahshua now?
Maybe you can grasp this.

Jesus is the Tree of Life.
Jesus is not the Garden of Eden.
Jesus is not the Land of Eden.

What the questioner was asking was, the Physical location of the land of Eden.

Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for the saints.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Maybe you can grasp this.

Jesus is the Tree of Life.
Jesus is not the Garden of Eden.
Jesus is not the Land of Eden.

What the questioner was asking was, the Physical location of the land of Eden.

Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for the saints.
Thank you... now back to OP please

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums