• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lamictal rash??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysojourn

Jul 5, 2006
✟15,287.00
Faith
Baptist
You might want to do a little research on the rash we have to watch out for with Lamictal, as well as other drugs that a somewhat culprit. What docs want to avoid is the Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Here's a little info:

The diagnosis of SJS is usually made when the characteristic rash appears 1 to 3 weeks after exposure to a known stimulus and it cannot be explained by another diagnosis. The treatment depends, in part, on the suspected precipitating cause. Any drug, such as one of the sulfa drugs, penicillin, or an anticonvulsants, especially phenytoin, should be discontinued. Infectious agents such as herpes simplex virus 1 or 2, or Mycoplasma pneumoniae, should be identified and appropriately treated. The most commonly prescribed medication for SJS is corticosteroids.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=14086

You could do a Google search to find pictures of this rash. I won't link them here because they can be a little disturbing.

I had a body wide rash after I was prescribed Sulfa antibiotics after I nearly died from some kind of serious food poisoning, maybe salmonella I don't know. After I told the doctor and he saw it, he gasped and nearly shouted "You can never have sulfa drugs ever again or it could deadly". So whenever a doctor asked if I am allergic to drugs I say Sulfa and they ask what happens and I tell them about the rash, they gasp.

Two summers ago I developed a little prickly rash on my chest, just a few red little bumps, after I had been in the hot sun all day and I called my pdoc and told her about it and she said, okay if it doesn't go away after 1 or 2 days stop immediately. It started fading the next day after I stayed indoors. It was only heat rash.

luvinJC4ever, you may just have some bites. But it cannot hurt to call your pdoc or any MD for that matter and ask them what they think. I would not hesitate if you are worried or they don't start to heal soon.

Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely let your dotor make the decision. I had a rash after starting lamictal, turned out to be a psuedamonas infection from my spa and I did need antibiotics. So don't be embarassed. just call and let the doc do the deciding!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.