Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LAMENTATIONS 3.46-51

All our enemies have opened their mouths against us.
Panic and pitfall have befallen us,
Devastation and destruction;
My eyes run down with streams of water
Because of the destruction of the daughter of my people.
My eyes pour down unceasingly,
Without stopping,
Until the Lord looks down
And sees from heaven.
My eyes bring pain to my soul
Because of all the daughters of my city.
New American Standard, biblegateway.com​

Jeremiah is known as the "weeping prophet." He saw the devastation and destruction that came upon his people. First, he prophesied it, then he witnessed it. The people wouldn't listen. So, Jehovah carried out his judgment. And Jeremiah cried. "My eyes run down with streams of water." "My eyes pour down unceasingly, Without stopping." "My eyes bring pain to my soul."

Well, this is me. There is a disaster coming upon America, and the people aren't listening. I talk to Jehovah often. But, unless America repents, I don't believe he will help.

People are not listening to the pleas to return to economic sanity and societal morality. For that, God will allow us to be destroyed. But, man has a free will. We can change direction if we want to.

Like Jeremiah, I am warning the people of our pending destruction. And just as Israel in the time of Jeremiah, America is not listening. Just as God has given his people of old opportunity to repent and turn back to him, they refused, just as America is doing today.

God has sent many warning signs. Hurricane Katrina, tornadoes, and yes, bad government. But, an overwhelming majority of the people are not listening. But, we the people of Pennsylvania can listen. Pennsylvania is still part of America, and when America goes down, we will too, unless..............

We the people of Pennsylvania can change direction. But, not if Governor Corbett is re-elected, or if Tom Wolf is elected. For, you see, they are not listening either. Neither will change direction so Pennsylvania can be protected from the collapse of the US Dollar and Economy. If you want Pennsylvania to be saved from the destruction of America, you will have to write in the right Tom.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
M

MikeCarra

OK, let's say America is displeasing God. Is the best path forward to:

1. Slash social programs so the poor in the richest nation on earth can suffer more.

2. Work overtime to ensure the interests of corporations trump those of humans.

3. Work to ensure that we drive our environment and climate into a tailspin of destruction.

4. Elevate guns to the highest level of respect and worshipfulness.

Or would that be almost exactly what God finds MORE displeasing?

Upvote 0

TomLine

Already Disturbed, Enter At Your Own Risk
May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OK, let's say America is displeasing God. Is the best path forward to:

1. Slash social programs so the poor in the richest nation on earth can suffer more.

2. Work overtime to ensure the interests of corporations trump those of humans.

3. Work to ensure that we drive our environment and climate into a tailspin of destruction.

4. Elevate guns to the highest level of respect and worshipfulness.

Or would that be almost exactly what God finds MORE displeasing?
Did I say anything like that?

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.--2 Chronicles 7:14

Upvote 0
M

MikeCarra

No, but if you visit ChristianForums some time you will see many Christians who feel this is exactly the thing we need to do more of in this country.

In your OP you mentioned "economic sanity" I wonder: did you mean that we should stop spending gigantic sums on our war machines and giving every conceivable advantage to the uber wealthy or did you mean stop spending on social programs?

Upvote 0
M

MikeCarra

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.--2 Chronicles 7:14

This is so incredibly hollow. On this board we see Christians who are surely on their knees praying to God all the while working to maintain low wages for the poor, less tax money for welfare, more guns in our nation and military hyperspending so we can live by the sword.

Which God exactly is going to heal this land?

Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 2:11f “Has a nation changed gods When they were not gods? But My people have changed their glory For that which does not profit.

Be appalled, O heavens, at this,
And shudder, be very desolate,” declares the Lord.

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

You didn't say much of anything except a political ad.

So why not just cut to the chase and tell us which future governor of Pennsylvania is going to stave off the impending apocalypse?

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, but if you visit ChristianForums some time you will see many Christians who feel this is exactly the thing we need to do more of in this country.

In your OP you mentioned "economic sanity" I wonder: did you mean that we should stop spending gigantic sums on our war machines and giving every conceivable advantage to the uber wealthy or did you mean stop spending on social programs?
If you read the OP, you should know what "economic sanity" means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If your god didn't destroy us for owning slaves or committing genocide against the people who already lived her, he's not gonna destroy us because we are taxing people too much and giving that money to poor people.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
America is not the promise land it's pride will lead to it's fall. The fact that we have patrotism and it's so high will lead to it's fall. I have never been anywhere in the world where the people are so trusting of the government which is just another word for big business. They don't care about you or me people all around the world get this but us because we are brainwashed to believe in this America that doesn't exist. Nations will rise and fall we as believers shouldn't rise and fall with it we are ambassadors for Christ. Any Christian that feels proud to be an American I would ask them how many masters do they serve.

Reactions: TomLine
Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟38,941.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If your god didn't destroy us for owning slaves or committing genocide against the people who already lived her, he's not gonna destroy us because we are taxing people too much and giving that money to poor people.

All I'm saying as a logical believer how can this land be for God and of God when it was built on top of hatred, rape, stealing and genocide. Then we have people fighting to send back the immigrants and I just wonder what the native Americans would decide if they could vote us all back to our country of origin.

Upvote 0
S

Savior2006

God has sent many warning signs. Hurricane Katrina, tornadoes, and yes, bad government.

So all that stuff is God's fault?

Thanks God! If that's how you interact with humans, I'll definitely become a Christian now.

But, an overwhelming majority of the people are not listening. But, we the people of Pennsylvania can listen. Pennsylvania is still part of America, and when America goes down, we will too, unless.

Unless we accept Tom's religion!

If you want Pennsylvania to be saved from the destruction of America, you will have to write in the right Tom.

Good luck with that.:D

Upvote 0
M

MikeCarra

If you read the OP, you should know what "economic sanity" means.

It wasn't clear what you stand for (other than "morality" a la the Bible). If you can't explicitly call out what you stand for then I am under no onus to do so for you.

That is why I ask:

Does "economic sanity" mean cutting our massive military expenditures and our massive layouts of corporate welfare to the wealthy, or does it mean scaling back on public welfare programs?

If you can answer that question I will know which God you worship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
All I'm saying as a logical believer how can this land be for God and of God when it was built on top of hatred, rape, stealing and genocide. Then we have people fighting to send back the immigrants and I just wonder what the native Americans would decide if they could vote us all back to our country of origin.
Good point.

Upvote 0

TomLine

May 15, 2014
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟8,146.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It wasn't clear what you stand for (other than "morality" a la the Bible). If you can't explicitly call out what you stand for then I am under no onus to do so for you.

That is why I ask:

Does "economic sanity" mean cutting our massive military expenditures and our massive layouts of corporate welfare to the wealthy, or does it mean scaling back on public welfare programs?

If you can answer that question I will know which God you worship.

Did you see this statement, "Neither will change direction so Pennsylvania can be protected from the collapse of the US Dollar and Economy." It is economic insanity to ignore the collapse of the dollar, which is happening as we speak. Or write. Economic sanity then is the opposite. Acknowledging what is happening to the US Dollar, and taking steps to correct it, such as going back on the Gold and Silver Standard.

If I am elected Governor, I have a plan that will protect us from the fall of the American economy, which is happening. The end is not too far away. My guess will be 3-6 years.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
America is not the promise land it's pride will lead to it's fall. The fact that we have patrotism and it's so high will lead to it's fall. I have never been anywhere in the world where the people are so trusting of the government which is just another word for big business. They don't care about you or me people all around the world get this but us because we are brainwashed to believe in this America that doesn't exist. Nations will rise and fall we as believers shouldn't rise and fall with it we are ambassadors for Christ. Any Christian that feels proud to be an American I would ask them how many masters do they serve.

I am glad to an American, but my fellow Americans have brought such shame and disgrace on this land that any pride I might have felt is long gone. :(

Upvote 0