Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Or some people just understand that kids has more than one meaning and wouldn't think calling their children "kids" is bad because, well, it's a stupid argument.

Reactions: DawnStar
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its not an argument just an observation.

I dont argue. Unlike some posters, I dont come on forums to disagree and create arguments and call people who create threads asking questions stupid or ignore what God says in His word on the matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
For example..the children running around getting into mischief and mayhem. Parents might say...Oh they just being kids.

Then not bother guiding or disciplining them as parents are meant to do.
I can tell you this, and I think it's a truism that is shared by many parents.

We were all much better parents before we had kids (that's children, in case you thought I was referring to goats). If God blesses you with children, you'll understand it someday.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God has blessed me with many children, and I call them children or by their name. I wouldnt call my own kids.just something I wouldnt do. Thats just me, i dont go with whats in fashion.

In the library we had childrens librarians, and they did call themselves the KIDZ team for short but I was never part of that popular culture where you treated children as rascals or depaired of them.

Also children DO appreciate not being referred to as a kid.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
There was one lady who joined our church as an admin she doesnt actually go fellowship with us. I was discussing the childrens corner with her and i think it was she who had put up a sign saying it was a Kids corner.

I was horrified because what was there were broken toys, it was basically neglected mess and she didnt think much of children saying they would just write on the walls and ruin everything.

She haid she had worked with kids and it seemed like she had a dim view of litttle ones. But its of my opinion that when you treat children like they are monsters and always going to be that way, you dismiss them as people.

I removed the sign because it was insulting to them and tidied up the area so the chi,dren know they are welcomed and loved in our church.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
God has blessed me with many children, and I call them children or by their name. I wouldnt call my own kids.just something I wouldnt do. Thats just me, i dont go with whats in fashion.

In the library we had childrens librarians, and they did call themselves the KIDZ team for short but I was never part of that popular culture where you treated children as rascals or depaired of them.

Also children DO appreciate not being referred to as a kid.
I did not realize that you were a parent. For some reason I thought you were single without children. My apologies.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its ok.
People dont realise that being a parent often means loving children who are not even your own as your own.
Sometimes people think that because a child is born of so and so that their birth mum or dad is their parent when the child doesnt even recieve any love or kindness from them. They can hardly be called parents.

See. GOd is a Father and loves his children, and cares for them, but satan is a tyrant who hates his offspring and wants to kick them out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can read solomon and the story of how he knew who the real mother was in the OT.

Also, when king david was concealing his adultery Nathan told him a story about a pet lamb as an expression of love and someone coming along and stealing this lamb.

Jesus also was asked who was his mother and he replied something odd...but it makes spiritual sense that those who follow the Word of God and do it are blessed, not just those who have borne children from their womb. And he counts them as his mother, brother, sister. ...

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And even more odd is that many people called mother teresa ..well mother teresa when she never bore any children of her own. I know catholics have a different religion and interpeet the bible differently but...its the concept of..mother love and father love toward children. To treat little ones as Jesus did...when he said suffer the little children and dont forbid them to come to him.

JEsus never treated children the way I see many adults treat or regard children these days. Child abuse is really bad but people think its normal and dont question it or take adults to task.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Its ok.
People dont realise that being a parent often means loving children who are not even your own as your own.
Sometimes people think that because a child is born of so and so that their birth mum or dad is their parent when the child doesnt even recieve any love or kindness from them. They can hardly be called parents.

See. GOd is a Father and loves his children, and cares for them, but satan is a tyrant who hates his offspring and wants to kick them out.
If you don't have children of your own, you aren't a parent and cannot relate to being one.

I'm a dad because I have biological children and adopted children.

You may think you love children as your own. But you don't because you don't know what it's like to have children of your own.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Why would you call yourself a parent to children that you only volunteer with? That is a little bit creepy! They are not your biological or adopted children in any sense. I've heard teachers refer to a class as "my kids" and that makes sense; but I don't think those that work with kids should say they are those children's "parent" because that's simply not true. You can influence a child, but it still doesn't mean you took on the day in/ day out task of being a parent. If I were a parent and you were in my church working with my children and calling yourself their parent; I would go to the pastor and make him aware that you are getting strangely possessive of the children in your care. yikes! That's sorta cultish. Some cults encourage children to call the volunteers that care for them their parents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Jesus never had his own biological or adopted children but he refered to them as lambs. He said suffer the little children and dont turn them away.
Jesus gave them to His Father. He loved them, we are Gods child, his sheep and lambs, nEVER his kids or goats.

There is no excuse for calling Gods children kids.if you even knew you were basically cursing children when you call them kids, you wouldnt do it. People are just ignorant and lazy methinks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,428.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Hmm.... well unless you have actual scripture to back up what you are saying , it's all just your strange opinion . You have no authority to dictate others on how to interact with children. People can call children kids if they wish. It's not disrespectful nor does it negate their faith. And many have a huge godly impact on those "kids". More than you ever could in fact. Maybe you should be a bit more humble.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: GeorgeJ
Upvote 0