Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is a verse that teaches that the wicked will be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity.

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This is referring to believers, those who have repented, and are thus saved.

This is not referring to the unrepentant.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
why a Savior was needed
I'm of the Franciscan belief that God would have become incarnate even if Adam hadn't sinned.

Quoting Fr Richard Rohr ~ For Duns Scotus, the incarnation of God and the redemption of the world could never be a mere mop-up exercise in response to human sinfulness, but had to be the proactive work of God from the very beginning. We were “chosen in Christ before the world was made” (Ephesians 1:4). Our sin could not possibly be the motive for the incarnation—or we were steering the cosmic ship! Only perfect love and divine self-revelation could inspire God to come in human form. God never merely reacts, but supremely and freely acts—out of love.
Did you post only a partial part of my post?

This makes no sense.

:scratch:

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It is the main focus.

Actually, Jesus's main focus was on the Kingdom. Man was/is already focused on our self and our world, so God thought it prudent to send a messenger of what was to come as an alternative.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
All of these verse people have posted point to the coming Day of the Lord, when He will burn the earth with fire and send the wicked to Hell.

2 Thessalonians 1
6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who [d]believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Did you post only a partial part of my post?

This makes no sense.

:scratch:
Yes.....because that's all I was responding to (why a savior was necessary). Take your time, Brinny, please. I would sincerely appreciate it if you'd read just what I'd posted. God didn't come as a response to sin (Adam didn't call the shots and cause God to have to employ a plan "B" for His creation). We believe God ALWAYS had planned to become incarnate and dwell with us - motivated by love.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I trust that you have the verses to show that?
If you read on Paul says this fire is for the church who are saved, but as through fire.
Our God is a consuming fire, everyone Jesus said will be salted with fire from God.
The wicked will not survive that fire of God, but the believers will, the wicked will be ashes under their feet on that DAY of His return. This is the day of the LORD, do a word study on that, it is taught in OT and NT.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
It is the main focus.
Actually, Jesus's main focus was on the Kingdom. Man was/is already focused on our self and our world, so God thought it prudent to send a messenger of what was to come as an alternative.
Jesus coming here to die on the cross, reuniting the repentant with the Father.

That is why He was born, and that is why He died on a cross.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus coming here to die on the cross, reuniting the repentant with the Father.

That is why He was born, and that is why He died on a cross.
Sorry but He came to give us the Gospel of the Kingdom and fulfill what was required of Him to bring it to fruition with Himself as King. Man's involvement as a result was yes repentance of putting our will ahead of the will of God and living accordingly, just as Jesus did. Those who don't wouldn't be interested in the Kingdom anyway in spite of how many times they say Lord Lord

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes.....because that's all I was responding to (why a savior was necessary). Take your time, Brinny, please. I would sincerely appreciate it if you'd read just what I'd posted. God didn't come as a response to sin (Adam didn't call the shots and cause God to have to employ a plan "B" for His creation). We believe God ALWAYS had planned to become incarnate and dwell with us - motivated by love.
A Savior was necessary because of sin, to redeem those who are repentant.

Again, Billy Graham covers this in his sermon.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I believe this was fulfilled in 70 A.D. with the destruction of the Temple and Ancient Jerusalem.
Except there are still many wicked left after that, and the destruction was only there at Jerusalem. And the Romans were also wicked gentile nations, and they were not all killed and become ashes under the feet of the church at that time.

“For behold, the day is coming,
Burning like an oven,
And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble.
And the day which is coming shall burn them up,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“That will leave them neither root nor branch.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A Savior was necessary because of sin, to redeem those who are repentant.
I don't believe Adam's sin is what motivated Christ. Think of it this way.....you have your day all planned out to the minute - you knew what you were going to do and when....and then someone rear ends your car and disables it (stay with me, here, I do have a relevant point). Now the rest of your day is different than you had planned. You have to arrange to get a rental car.....you need to notify your insurance agent....you may even have to go to the doctor. Who planned the rest of your day? Were YOU in charge of how things went......or did someone else's error plan the order of the rest of your day?

It's the same thing. God didn't get caught off guard by Adam's sin. He didn't come to earth in the flesh as a response......He (I believe) had planned from the foundation of earth that He would come in the flesh (to demonstrate His LOVE for us). Romans 5:8

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,117.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A holy God's wrath and judgement.
Yes the end of the old ways of man and those who perpetuated them. Life to those of the Kingdom, second death (kinda final) to the rest. No eternal life for the naughty self serving souls. Destroyed forever with no third chance.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I don't believe Adam's sin is what motivated Christ. Think of it this way.....you have your day all planned out to the minute - you knew what you were going to do and when....and then someone rear ends your car and disables it (stay with me, here, I do have a relevant point). Now the rest of your day is different than you had planned. You have to arrange to get a rental car.....you need to notify your insurance agent....you may even have to go to the doctor. Who planned the rest of your day? Were YOU in charge of how things went......or did someone else's error plan the order of the rest of your day?

It's the same thing. God didn't get caught off guard by Adam's sin. He didn't come to earth in the flesh as a response......He (I believe) had planned from the foundation of earth that He would come in the flesh (to demonstrate His LOVE for us). Romans 5:8
Christ came to give eternal life to the sheep of His flock.

John 10:15-16 New King James Version (NKJV)
15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Upvote 0