Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
About 6 months ago I was asked by my Nigerian friend Father M if I would take part in an online conversation about faith in the public square. It was based in Nigeria and there were about 200 participants. I was the only white woman. After the event, Fr M shared with me some messages that he had received by way of encouragement. They went along the lines of “that white woman was on fire” and “I didn’t know what to expect from your white friend but she was brilliant.”

I say this not to blow my own trumpet (capable as I am of doing so) but as a way in to examine what happened on 30th November when Lady Susan Hussey made the unforgiveable mistake of repeatedly asking a Black British woman, Ms Ngozi Fulani, about her heritage. The row continues and it was reported yesterday that the King has now invited Ms Fulani back to Buckingham Palace.

I took no offence at reference to my whiteness, but then I was not looking to take offence.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
About 6 months ago I was asked by my Nigerian friend Father M if I would take part in an online conversation about faith in the public square. It was based in Nigeria and there were about 200 participants. I was the only white woman. After the event, Fr M shared with me some messages that he had received by way of encouragement. They went along the lines of “that white woman was on fire” and “I didn’t know what to expect from your white friend but she was brilliant.”

I say this not to blow my own trumpet (capable as I am of doing so) but as a way in to examine what happened on 30th November when Lady Susan Hussey made the unforgiveable mistake of repeatedly asking a Black British woman, Ms Ngozi Fulani, about her heritage. The row continues and it was reported yesterday that the King has now invited Ms Fulani back to Buckingham Palace.

I took no offence at reference to my whiteness, but then I was not looking to take offence.

Continued below.
What you may not know is ngozi fulani has real name "marlene headley" And her presumed charity "sistah space" is now under investigation for multiple suspected abuses in respect of source and application of funds. Things that just do not look right for a charity. It seems Miss "chip on her shoulder" does quite well from stirring it up, like some BLM leaders!

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you may not know is ngozi fulani has real name "marlene headley" And her presumed charity "sistah space" is now under investigation for multiple suspected abuses in respect of source and application of funds. Things that just do not look right for a charity. It seems Miss "chip on her shoulder" does quite well from stirring it up, like some BLM leaders!
I do not know why, but it does not surprise me a bit. ;)

Upvote 0