Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
okay, since apparently i can't talk about this in the women's discussion forum even though all of these facts are about women... i'll post it here.

Palin is against abortion, even in the case of rape or incest.
Okay, ladies. I will agree that abortion, in most cases, is not okay. But honestly, if I got pregnant as a result of rape, I don't know what my decision would be. I would like to think I'd keep the baby, but I would like to have a choice.

Palin opposes the use of birth control, as well sexual health education classes for teens.
AND
McCain is against federal funding of birth control and sex education.
I think that we can all agree that abstinence would be the best way to go. But taking sex education out of our schools is reckless. Again, women's rights come into play. No birth control? If I don't want kids yet, I think it's my choice whether or not I take birth control or am celibate.

Palin forced the rape victims of Wasilla, Alaska to pay for their own rape kits.

This is most definitely true. When she came into office, she opposed the law stating that the state would pay for rape kits. Now rape victims in Wasilla have to pay for their own rape kits which cost around $1200.

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Also remember, another reason Palin was picked was to pander to the ex-Hillary women supporters. It didn't work of course, but it illustrates that McCain thinks women are shallow who will vote for someone based on gender alone. McCain's sexism is further illustrated in how he and his campaign sheltered Palin from being properly vetted, as if she wouldn't be able to handle it--and oh yeah, how he called his own wife a .. ****.

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Also remember, another reason Palin was picked was to pander to the ex-Hillary women supporters. It didn't work of course, but it illustrates that McCain thinks women are shallow who will vote for someone based on gender alone. McCain's sexism is further illustrated in how he and his campaign sheltered Palin from being properly vetted, as if she wouldn't be able to handle it--and oh yeah, how he called his own wife a .. ****.

wow... yes, i can see how mccain would have picked palin soley because of her gender. from what i understand, he picked her for vice president after a short phone call to her in alaska. unfortunately, palin is completely against a woman's right to choose anything. even birth control. so i think he failed...

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I mean honestly, would Palin have been on McCain's ticket if Hillary was on Obama's ticket?

OF COURSE NOT.

McCain picked Palin because he looks DOWN on women, he thought they could sucker over the then-disgruntled Hillary voters by selecting a running mate who was female. McCain wanted them to ignore the fact that Palin stands for everything that Hillary Clinton has dedicated her entire career against.

Her selection was deeper than that though, he was also banking on the media being 'soft' on her--solely because of her gender. When the media began to vet this person known for only a few weeks, the McCain camp put out false claims of sexism. They're still blowing the phoney sexism horn, all the while spending more than a hundred thousand dollars on her wardrobe from campaign money to make her 'appealing'.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Palin is not against teaching birth control. She is for stressing abstinence as well.

The opposition to federal funding for sex ed is consistent with the federalist approach. That doesn't mean one is against having such education in the schools.

As for the rape kit bit, that was not something Palin brought to Wassila. That was old and long-standing. Apparently some insurance policies over there paid for the coverage. I personally disagree with this, but it's not anti-woman; it's libertarian.

And as for abortion, think about this. Obama is not a gun rights kind of candidate. Palin is. If you train women for concealed carry and allow them to carry compact pistols, they will not be as vulnerable to rape. Palin is more preventative. Obama just wants to clean it up - in a way that kills another human being who wasn't even responsible for the rape.

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I mean honestly, would Palin have been on McCain's ticket if Hillary was on Obama's ticket?

OF COURSE NOT.

McCain picked Palin because he looks DOWN on women, he thought they could sucker over the then-disgruntled Hillary voters by selecting a running mate who was female. McCain wanted them to ignore the fact that Palin stands for everything that Hillary Clinton has dedicated her entire career against.

Her selection was deeper than that though, he was also banking on the media being 'soft' on her--solely because of her gender. When the media began to vet this person known for only a few weeks, the McCain camp put out false claims of sexism. They're still blowing the phoney sexism horn, all the while spending more than a hundred thousand dollars on her wardrobe from campaign money to make her 'appealing'.

basically. the entire palin concept is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion and is a badly failed attempt to attract women voters. i cannot see why anyone, knowing what we know as americans, and looking at the position our country is in, would vote for mccain.

you know, i'm trying to have this discussion in women's discussion and all anyone can talk about is how we shouldn't have this discussion because someone's feelings might get hurt... thank you for responding with an actual opinion to my thread! :)

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Palin is not against teaching birth control. She is for stressing abstinence as well.

The opposition to federal funding for sex ed is consistent with the federalist approach. That doesn't mean one is against having such education in the schools.

As for the rape kit bit, that was not something Palin brought to Wassila. That was old and long-standing. Apparently some insurance policies over there paid for the coverage. I personally disagree with this, but it's not anti-woman; it's libertarian.

And as for abortion, think about this. Obama is not a gun rights kind of candidate. Palin is. If you train women for concealed carry and allow them to carry compact pistols, they will not be as vulnerable to rape. Palin is more preventative. Obama just wants to clean it up - in a way that kills another human being who wasn't even responsible for the rape.

you obviously do not know anything about palin's beliefs. i live 45 minutes from sarah palin. i can tell you for a fact that the "rape kit bit" was completely sarah palin. a law was passed in alaska stating that the state would pay for rape kits. wasilla (sarah palin) was the only town that opposed it and forces the rape victims to pay for it.

as for sex education, sarah palin has said that she is against it.

also, your claim about women carrying guns is ridiculous. if everyone was walking around carrying guns, the world would be much more dangerous. just because we are women does not mean that we are not potentially dangerous with a weapon. simply put, a woman has a right to choose. sarah palin can say what she'd like, but if her daughter was a rape victim and was empregnated, i'm sure that she would appreciate the right to choose what to do about it.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
just because we are women does not mean that we are not potentially dangerous with a weapon.
That's the idea. If a gun didn't make a woman a more dangerous target, it wouldn't be a deterrent.

simply put, a woman has a right to choose. sarah palin can say what she'd like, but if her daughter was a rape victim and was empregnated, i'm sure that she would appreciate the right to choose what to do about it.
Give me the right to choose to take out anyone I find inconvenient, and we can call it even.

Upvote 0

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's the idea. If a gun didn't make a woman a more dangerous target, it wouldn't be a deterrent.

Give me the right to choose to take out anyone I find inconvenient, and we can call it even.

that is the most ignorant thing i believe i've heard on this forum. and that's a difficult leap to make. try to put yourself in a woman's shoes for five minutes. say some random man attacks you, rapes you, and causes you to become pregnant. you're telling me you would not take the "plan b" that they give you at the hospital to stop the fertilization process? because palin is totally against that as well.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
that is the most ignorant thing i believe i've heard on this forum. and that's a difficult leap to make. try to put yourself in a woman's shoes for five minutes. say some random man attacks you, rapes you, and causes you to become pregnant. you're telling me you would not take the "plan b" that they give you at the hospital to stop the fertilization process? because palin is totally against that as well.
I don't know. I can't imagine and I don't try to. But what doesn't take imagination is the fact that if she gets pregnant, that's still a life just as much as if said life were lovingly conceived. Take a walk down the street, and look at everyone you see. You don't know who was the product of a rape, who was the product of drunken foolishness, or who was lovingly conceived.

But what is more at stake here I think is abortion on demand. Obama is for it, the Republicans are against it, and abortion for birth control reasons, not including rape, consists of over 90% of all abortions in America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seremela06

Senior Veteran
Jan 6, 2005
Florida
✟3,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know. I can't imagine and I don't try to. But what doesn't take imagination is the fact that if she gets pregnant, that's still a life just as much as if said life were lovingly conceived. Take a walk down the street, and look at everyone you see. You don't know who was the product of a rape, who was the product of drunken foolishness, or who was lovingly conceived.

that is your opinion, and that's fine. but who gave you the right to take that choice away from women who believe differently from you? the woman who does not necissarily want the baby of that man who so violently took advantage of her growing inside of her. do you have a wife? ask her. how about a sister? i'm sure that whether they are pro-life or pro-choice, they still would not want to take that right away from anyone in that situation.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
that is your opinion, and that's fine. but who gave you the right to take that choice away from women who believe differently from you? the woman who does not necissarily want the baby of that man who so violently took advantage of her growing inside of her. do you have a wife? ask her. how about a sister? i'm sure that whether they are pro-life or pro-choice, they still would not want to take that right away from anyone in that situation.
I honestly don't think that forbidding abortion in the situation of rape is even politically viable at this point. McCain is against it. Over 90% of the abortions that occur are not because of rape, incest, or defects. So you would be voting for Obama, who is fine with abortion in all circumstances, and would fight to keep it that way, rather than McCain who draws the line at rape and incest. The pro-choice argument "because of rape" is only a smoke screen that feminists are hiding behind in order to secure their "right" to terminate any pregnancy which they find inconvenient. And again, I don't have the right to take out anyone I find to be inconvenient. They don't either, and the law should recognize that. Or at least make all murder legal (which would defeat the purpose of laws).

Upvote 0