• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ladies, I have a personal question about inappropriate contentography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animelover93

Jun 15, 2020
Columbus Ohio
✟21,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please don't judge me for asking this question, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong category, but I was wondering if this is considered inappropriate contentography or considered a sin? Um, ok, so if a woman records herself being sexual, but only with herself (masturbation), for personal usage only, without lusting over another individual, is it considered inappropriate content? Also is this considered a sin? I know that lusting after another person and listening to inappropriate content is considered a sin, but what if it's only your own personal content with no one else involved in the act, or anyone else listening to it, just to relieve your own sexual tension alone, without having lustful intentions about others? Would this be considered a sin?

Sorry if this offended anybody, I'm super embarrassed about posting this question. If it goes against any guidelines, please delete it. I just need someone to answer this question, it's really important. Thanks.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Masturbation is lust no matter how or who looks at it. You're lusting in your mind body and spirit.
There are other topics on this subject if you care to search.
Don't be embarrassed, it's an education for all of us

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did not realize we were discussing teenagers here...
full
(The article is still relevant to single people, generally...)

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Masturbation is lust no matter how or who looks at it. You're lusting in your mind body and spirit.
There are other topics on this subject if you care to search.
Don't be embarrassed, it's an education for all of us

It is possible to do the physical act without lust.
if there is lust involved then lust is the sin, inappropriate contentography or lusting after someone's wife or objectifying another person but...
if you can do the act without lust.. the bible is silent on it.

We're promised not to be tempted beyond our ability to bear (1 Corinthians 10:13) and in fact, God will provide an escape to be able to bear temptation. If the sin is adultery or fornication that a person is being tempted into, masturbation can be the escape that prevents adultery or fornication. For an unmarried man there is a need that is not being met. That is a strong temptation to just "hold it in" forever. That's like being asked to just cross your legs and hold the urge to urinate in forever.

Mind you while people will say sex is not a need, there are sexual related needs. Any part of the body that is called a "tract" like a digestive tract, urinary tract, respiratory tract, or.. genital tract... is a system of the body designed to have things MOVE THROUGH it. not store it indefinitely.
All people have a need to breathe, you can't hold your breath in your respiratory tract forever. If you try, your body WILL breathe on its own after losing consciousness.
All people have a need to urinate and defecate, you cannot hold it in forever. If you try, your body will do it on it's own .. so most people would probably opt to voluntarily take care of that need in a cleaner way.
Women have a need to ovulate until they go through menopause, and their body will do it, and if the egg is not fertilized, they'll shed it.
Men have a need to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. if they do not do it voluntarily while conscious, their body will do it when they're unconscious.. and while you say there's nothing to be embarrassed about that, it really is like bedwetting or being incontinent, and mosaic law calls it an uncleanness (Deuteronomy 23:10)
Because the body will do it involuntarily if you do not voluntarily do it, it is a physiological need.

Just like if you are not "regular" it increases risks of colon cancer, abstaining from [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] does actually increase risks of prostate cancer. ([bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Frequency and Risk of Prostate Cancer: Updated Results with an Additional Decade of Follow-up - PubMed)

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
full
(@Jamdoc, I don't think that the OP is at risk for prostate cancer...)

well I'm not specifically talking about that. But in more broad terms there are sexually related needs. I don't know about women's sexual needs beyond the physiological need to ovulate and shed unfertilized eggs and uterine lining, and I'm not going to speak beyond that, because it'd be from ignorance.

But too many Christians make the claim that there are no sexual needs, and that's what I wanted to tackle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But too many Christians make the claim that there are no sexual needs, and that's what I wanted to tackle.
I agree, but your examples were broader than what the OP was looking for.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟340,916.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You can justify anything if you want it bad enough, jamdoc. Most of your comparisons are necessary for life but masterbating is not. Celibacy proves my point. No one's died from it yet.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You can justify anything if you want it bad enough, jamdoc. Most of your comparisons are necessary for life but masterbating is not. Celibacy proves my point. No one's died from it yet.

Died maybe not, nocturnal emissions, yes.
Your body will do it in a pretty unclean way if you don't do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I agree, but your examples were broader than what the OP was looking for.

Well, OP was specifically talking about the recording aspect.
That, I really have nothing on. But the first response was to declare masturbation by itself, sin.
Something they have no scripture to back up.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Nocturnal emissions is not a sin.

and until you can bring forth scripture, neither is masturbation.
it can obviously be CONNECTED with sin.
but at the same time nocturnal emissions can be connected with inappropriate contentographic dreams.
and the bible does refer to nocturnal emissions as an uncleanness.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
On the OP's question though, I don't know if it'd be considered inappropriate content since.. it's your body you see it naked every day... but if someone were to get ahold of it (all those icloud hacks and whatnot) it can be used by someone else as inappropriate content.... that should be considered.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.