Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

So here we find a command in verse 38--not a suggestion. Is this prayer anywhere on our prayer list? I mean, are we seriously considering that fact that this passage in Scirpture is not only revealing a major part of God's plan (sending out laborers), but also reavealing that He wants to fulfill this major part of His plan largely through the prayers of His people? If this part of His plan is largley dependent on the prayers of His people, then what other parts of His plan are also dependent on our prayers? "[W]e are labourers together with God." Let us not therefore neglect our duty to bring forth God's will on earth by means of prayer.

Lord, thank you for sending out your Laborers into every level of society to preach, teach, and live your Word so that hearts will be changed and your desirerous will brought to pass. Amen, and thank you Jesus.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it also means to pray about what we can do. When I finally came to the conviction of Gods sovereignty, I personally wanted to obey, to help, to go beyond myself and do Gods work. It is the highest thing you can do. It is another form of commitment that says you love God. Just serving food or witnessing, visiting the sick or in prison, etc.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mat 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;
Mat 9:38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

So here we find a command in verse 38--not a suggestion. Is this prayer anywhere on our prayer list? I mean, are we seriously considering that fact that this passage in Scirpture is not only revealing a major part of God's plan (sending out laborers), but also reavealing that He wants to fulfill this major part of His plan largely through the prayers of His people? If this part of His plan is largley dependent on the prayers of His people, then what other parts of His plan are also dependent on our prayers? "[W]e are labourers together with God." Let us not therefore neglect our duty to bring forth God's will on earth by means of prayer.

Lord, thank you for sending out your Laborers into every level of society to preach, teach, and live your Word so that hearts will be changed and your desirerous will brought to pass. Amen, and thank you Jesus.
During a harvest laborers are needed. As fruit became ripe in all the local orchards about the same time, there were shortages of fruit pickers and fruit packers. Without pickers, fruit might rot on the branch.

There is also a shortage of teachers needed to teach the way of righteousness. With proper instruction people might become better neighbors. Remember the Good Samaritan who was a good neighbor.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I pray we will go wherever we are sent, and get fruit, and also that we will be protected as these are evil times.
Yes, Lord. Thank you for directing our path, and making us exceedingly fruitlful.

Joh 15:8 "Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples."

Isa 48:17 "Thus saith the LORD , thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go."

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it also means to pray about what we can do. When I finally came to the conviction of Gods sovereignty, I personally wanted to obey, to help, to go beyond myself and do Gods work. It is the highest thing you can do. It is another form of commitment that says you love God. Just serving food or witnessing, visiting the sick or in prison, etc.

I got so distracted... Still get distracted. Feel like I'm doing the right things for Christ according to His Word now. I feel Him call me deeper into this now with healing and freedom.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father, I thank You for calling us to be laborers in Your vineyard. I pray for many to come to Christ Jesus and to be used as Your witnesses. Give us hearts to serve. Help us to be kind to one another and love one another. Give us a heart for charity to reach out to those in need.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I got so distracted... Still get distracted. Feel like I'm doing the right things for Christ according to His Word now. I feel Him call me deeper into this now with healing and freedom.
Praise God.
Yes, it seems easy to get distracted. Praying the Lord will teach His people how to be as fruitful as possible.

Joh 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I thank You for calling us to be laborers in Your vineyard. I pray for many to come to Christ Jesus and to be used as Your witnesses. Give us hearts to serve. Help us to be kind to one another and love one another. Give us a heart for charity to reach out to those in need.
Yes and Amen.

• Agree
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and Amen. The lepers were healed in the going.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and Amen. The lepers were healed in the going.

Wow, I forgot about this jewel of a post. Continuing in prayer and so very thankful for what God is doing. :amen:

Reactions: AACJ
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all for your prayers.

Lord, thank you for sending out your Laborers into every level of society to preach, teach, and live your Word so that hearts will be changed and your desirerous Will be brought to pass. Amen, and thank you Jesus.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Amen!!

Upvote 0