Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't forget about you just had some personal business tonight. I will post back in the morning.

Are you ok taking bee products? Honey,etc? Also is there anything you have to avoid with the MTHFR? Like Folic Acid? If there is please list the things you feel you need to avoid.

Last edited:
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't forget about you just had some personal business tonight. I will post back in the morning.

Are you ok taking bee products? Honey,etc? Also is there anything you have to avoid with the MTHFR? Like Folic Acid? If there is please list the things you feel you need to avoid.
Thanks and no pressure. I'm happy to get ideas, but no big deal either way. :) I've been trying to lose a little weight by cutting back on carbohydrates. That would be my only issue with honey. I'm about 10 lbs overweight so it isn't severe.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok, here is what I would suggest to take a look at. Have you ever been tested for heavy metals? Some of the depression and other symptoms you described can be caused by heavy metals in the body. Find a Naturopathic Doctor as a regular MD will look at you funny if you ask him for this test. Its either a blood test or stool sample I believe. But to start removing it from the body you can use Selenium.

Get your mercury filling replaced with a non-metal alternative, Those leach Mercury into the body over time which is highly toxic to the human body. Find a dentist who specializes in this because when they drill it out its important to catch all of the filling so you don’t swallow the mercury as its being drilled out.

You may have what’s known as Adrenal fatigue. This can really cause depression, anxiety, and mid-day crashes just to name a few. Again a Naturopath can test you for this as well. If you want to try something you can use Rhodiola, it’s an herb that helps to revive the adrenal glands. I use it and its done wonders for me.

Amino acids: Very important for a multitude of bodily functions. Instead of buying them separately and trying to figure out what you are lacking just use Bee pollen. Its truly an amazing food! It has all of the essential amino acids and much more. I take it several times a day.

For the most part our foods are depleted of vital nutrients and it’s a theory of mine but seems to be true that because of this people brains are depleted of Serotonin and Dopamine which are produced by the body and are released to give us an overall sense of well-being. The 5HTP you are trying is for Serotonin. For the Dopamine take a look at Mucuna Pruriens extract powder.

They best way to get nutrients is from food. I would highly suggest Fresh Organic fruits and vegetables. This should be at least 60% of your diet. Buy a juicer/extractor and start juicing. It will do wonders for overall health. When choosing fruits and veges think of the colors of the rainbow.

As far as supplements go only bye high quality Pharmaceutical grade. They are 3rd party independently tested for heavy metals, quality and potentcy. I use Thorne and Vital Nutrients. This is important as low quality vitamins not only have unknown bad ingredients but It’s been shown that what’s in the capsule is not what’s on the label. High quality vitamins do cost more and there is a valid reason for that. As with these recommendation’s I will provide a bunch of links for you. Research them out and decide if it’s for you.

Also, most household cleaners are toxic as well. Dump them for an organic alternative. Laundry soap, hair shampoo, hand soap and toothpaste should be organic as well. Non organic health products have petroleum, fluoride and other ingredients that can destroy the body. This is important! What you put on and in your body affects how you feel. No antiperspirant’s, sweating is the best way to detox the body stopping this is detrimental. They also have toxic ingredients. Use an Organic deodorant alternative if you need it.

Avoid Tap water from a municipality. Fluoride and Chlorine are toxic. The Fluoride they put in water and toothpaste has been directly linked to Alzheimer’s disease and more.

Take a look at the HCG diet. I have read that people with that gene mutation were having great success with it. Try these out and let me know how you are feeling in a month. There is much more but starting with these can yield great results.

Research fatty acids as well: Sea buckthorn has most of them. Good stuff!

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ok, here is what I would suggest to take a look at.
Thanks, @Ancient of Days :) I was looking at the symptoms of adrenal fatigue in your link, and I definitely have a lot of them. I think I will try some of the supplements you mentioned like bee pollen and selenium and I'm going to buy higher quality vitamins. I suspect the adrenal fatigue may be a symptom of GABA deficiency. I know that scopolamine sometimes cures me of depression in 30 minutes, and the researchers think that scopolamine affects GABA. But it's really hard to know with these symptoms, because there is the placebo effect. ... I figure I just need to try a lot of different things until I find things that help. :)

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"I figure I just need to try a lot of different things until I find things that help."

Try not to use to much more than what I recommended. The reason being is that if something is really working well then you have to back peddle through a bunch of things to figure out which one it is. If you want to use GABA there is a specific one that has to be used. The majority of them on the market will not make it past the BBB(blood brain barrier). Its called Pharma-GABA and its made by Thorne Research. Again, start with low doses and work your way up.

https://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Resea...760297&sr=8-1&keywords=thorne+pharma+gaba+100

I use the Pharma GABA, good stuff.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
While I do suspect more is going on inside you, lets start slow and see how you do. You may want to keep a journal of what you are taking and when you take it and how you are feeling afterwards. Only take the Rhodiola and B-vitamins in the morning as they have an energizing effect and interrupting sleep patterns at this point would be counterproductive. I do encourage some research on everything you want to take first because nobody knows you better than you.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever used Probiotics?
Yep, I try to take one every day. A guy I work with has a few farm animals like a cow. He said that non-homogenized milk is a good probiotic too. Also he claims that people who are lactose intolerant can actually tolerate non-homogenized milk. I don't like dairy products, because they make my skin smell. I experimented with yogurt for its probiotics, but the smell of my skin bothered me. I have read that anxiety can cause hyper-sensitivity to odors. IDK

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@Ancient of Days , I have been wondering if you know a link that discusses maximum dosages and risks of supplements. This week I have been taking about 200mg of l-theanine, 550mg inositol, and 500mg taurine, plus normal vitamins. My cat usually wakes me up about 3am for breakfast, and I take the supplements soon after. Then I ride my exercise bike for an hour. Supposedly exercise stimulates the brain to produce GABA, and the supplements are helpful building blocks for that process. GABA is probably what my brain lacks.

Unfortunately, I notice I start feeling depressed in the afternoon and evening. I've tried taking 100mg of l-theanine, and that relieves the depression, but I don't want to use too much of these supplements and get kidney stones or something.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@Ancient of Days , I have been wondering if you know a link that discusses maximum dosages and risks of supplements. This week I have been taking about 200mg of l-theanine, 550mg inositol, and 500mg taurine, plus normal vitamins. My cat usually wakes me up about 3am for breakfast, and I take the supplements soon after. Then I ride my exercise bike for an hour. Supposedly exercise stimulates the brain to produce GABA, and the supplements are helpful building blocks for that process. GABA is probably what my brain lacks.

Unfortunately, I notice I start feeling depressed in the afternoon and evening. I've tried taking 100mg of l-theanine, and that relieves the depression, but I don't want to use too much of these supplements and get kidney stones or something.

You do have to cautious with supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). If you take too much of one supplement, it can actually inhibit the bodies ability to absorb other vitamins and minerals.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You do have to cautious with supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). If you take too much of one supplement, it can actually inhibit the bodies ability to absorb other vitamins and minerals.

I wasn't aware of that issue, but I was concerned that I might overload my kidney or liver or possibly throw my system out of balance so that it tries to compensate in a way that makes my brain state worse.

Upvote 0