Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday said the federal government sent Los Angeles County 170 ventilators that arrived “not working,” and now a Silicon Valley company is fixing the equipment amid the coronavirus outbreak.

California and other states have been stocking up on ventilators in anticipation of a shortage at hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic. Newsom said he learned about the problem with the federal government’s ventilators when he visited Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti on Friday.

“Rather than lamenting about it, rather than complaining about it, rather than pointing fingers, rather than generating headlines in order to generate more stress and anxiety, we got a car and a truck,” Newsom said.

“And we had those 170 brought here to this facility at 8 a.m. this morning, and they are quite literally working on those ventilators right now,” Newsom said.

L.A. County got 170 broken ventilators from feds; Silicon Valley is fixing them, Newsom says

Michael

Contributor
Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
One never wishes to be paranoid, but it seems pretty suspicious that Trump sent us 170 broken units on accident. Why was California the dumping ground for all the broken junk in their inventory? When we had a major fire here a few years ago due to downed power lines, Trump essentially tried to blame the forest service for our drought conditions and high winds, and threatened to cut of federal relief funding. It sure seems like he's being vindictive toward California because he got trounced in our state in the election.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
One never wishes to be paranoid, but it seems pretty suspicious that Trump sent us 170 broken units on accident. Why was California the dumping ground for all the broken junk in their inventory? When we had a major fire here a few years ago due to downed power lines, Trump essentially tried to blame the forest service for our drought conditions and high winds, and threatened to cut of federal relief funding. It sure seems like he's being vindictive toward California because he got trounced in our state in the election.

Now, now, it is only a conspiracy if California was the only State to receive broken units.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So do you happen to know how many other states received such a high percentage of broken units? :)

Well, I’m sure that there would have to be some other States that reported about the non-working ventilators that the Trump Administration sent them and having to fix them on their own. There has to be, the President of the United States could not possibly be a petty, vindictive, childish excuse of Leader to be so callous.

Oh, look, Alabama was delivered a bunch of dry rotted and expired for 10 years face masks, see, Trump just doesn’t hate California, he hates Jeff Sessions too.

Alabama county received 5,000 rotted masks from national stockpile

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ed-5-000-rotted-masks-from-national-stockpile

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

camille70

Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟597,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now, now, it is only a conspiracy if California was the only State to receive broken units.

I can't call it. I don't know if it's malice or incompetence but the result is the same. I'll have to see if I can find a link from yesterday. There was either a group fired or a contract allowed to lapse that was responsible for maintaining the equipment in working order. The Trump administration doesn't believe in being prepared tho, they want to cut costs until they need a good or service, and get into gear at the last minute.

That said, this may not all be on him. The Masks sent to Alabama expired in 2010, and that was way before his time. So as far as I'm concerned, those items should have been rotated out and dispersed to keep us in readiness during Obama's term.

I'm hoping we rethink all this globalization after everything settles down and we are past this crises. Having to go to other countries to get supplies for our country instead of having them on hand or being able to manufacture them should be considered a national security risk.

There was also this story this week:

New England Patriots team plane with 1.2 million N95 masks arrives from China to help ease shortages

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

My dad was part of the relief efforts with Hurricane Katrina.

Why was he a part of the relief efforts?

When the US Army decided to get rid of all their old power generators, they pawned them off on FEMA.

How old were those power generators?

So old that virtually no one in the United States military in 2005 knew how to fix them.

My dad, who had just retired after 30 years of service as a mechanic, had to be recalled by the government because he was one of the few people they could track down who could still fix them.

170 broken ventilators? In light of what my dad had to deal with, I can *very* easily see this as being a result of them being old and/or poorly-maintained while in storage.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0