• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Kyle Rittenhouse - hero

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by Peter J Barban, Nov 20, 2021.

1. IWalkAlone

IWalkAlone Well-Known Member

+299
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    how can you judge someone for something you can't prove?

2. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,471
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Nothing to check. The MSM has routinely referred to the Arbery case as---well, see for yourself. It's always 3 white men and the black man. If you don't like it, take it up with the MSM that delivers your news:

"(CNN)Those demanding justice for Ahmaud Arbery want another conviction beyond the three White men found guilty of murdering the 25-year-old Black jogger running in their south Georgia neighborhood in 2020.
    Conviction of Ahmaud Arbery's killer's puts new focus on first prosecutor - CNN

"The three white men who chased down and killed Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old Black man who was jogging through their Georgia neighborhood last year, were all found guilty of murder charges."
    3 white men are found guilty of murder in the killing of Ahmaud Arbery

3. Peter J Barban

Peter J Barban Well-Known Member

+945
    Christian
    Married
    True in the abstract, but this was a very clear case of an innocent man defending himself from criminals.

4. Peter J Barban

+945
    Christian
    Married
    And someone else can believe that you drove Kyle across state lines and gave him the AR15 with the blessing to kill white BLMers. And that's how you know the truth.

Just because there is no evidence and it's crazy doesn't stop people from believing it.

5. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,929
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    Not innocent. He shares some of the responsibility for those that died.

6. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,471
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Not as much as those who died share responsibility for their violent criminal behavior that got themselves shot.

7. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,929
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    No one in that situation were saints, no matter how you or anyone else try and spin it.

8. Sheila Davis

Sheila Davis Member

+61
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced
    h//www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

It is my view/opinion _ my belief - and my right to have a view opinion and belief. By law I have not *Carried out* judgment upon this person, condemned sentence. And half of America feels as I do - how could they? Reminds me of atheist stating to Christians why have belief in Christ, in God, in angels, in the devil, when there is no proof.

9. Sheila Davis

Sheila Davis Member

+61
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced
    Not even understanding your statement. I don't know what world you live in but people do some extremely weird - extremely strange - extremely off deep things - and something like what you wrote above makes more sense than some of the things I've heard of people doing. One thing is for sure the 18 year old purchase the gun for Rittenhouse, there is a record of that purchase.

10. Peter J Barban

+945
    Christian
    Married
    Legally - no, that has already been decided

Morally - depends on who is the judge

11. Peter J Barban

+945
    Christian
    Married
    Except for Saint Kyle.

But seriously, Kyle did not break any laws that night, nor did he have any observable sins. All people have against him is based on mind-reading attempts based on personal bias.

As far as anyone can show, Kyle did absolutely nothing wrong that night.

12. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+14,459
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Kyle is not a hero. He put himself in a bad situation which resulted in 2 deaths.

My opinion of him was raised by this:

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/n-ce-aldebaran-12-3-21.8231566/#post-76393731

Rittenhouse was a guest on the right-wing podcast “You Are Here” on Monday night. During the appearance, co-host Sydney Watson told him that the killings were “kind of impressive” and that “of all the people that you shot at, you killed probably two of the worst on the planet.”...

“Congratulations,” Watson told Rittenhouse. “Good job, you.”

"It's nothing to be congratulated about,” Rittenhouse responded. “Like, if I could go back, I wish I would never have had to take somebody’s life."

Rittenhouse went on to explain that he has regrets about going to Kenosha that evening.
    “Well, hindsight being 20/20, probably not the best idea to go down there,” Rittenhouse said. “Can’t change that. But I defended myself and that’s what happened.”

13. Sheila Davis

Sheila Davis Member

+61
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced
    Kyle Rittenhouse Responds to LeBron James Tweet: 'F-ck You'

Not something one usually says in an interview. One's true character always manages to come through. How old is he now? And far too many people agree with that type of behavior and will make excuses for it.

14. Sheila Davis

Sheila Davis Member

+61
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced

15. Sheila Davis

Sheila Davis Member

+61
    United States
    Baptist
    Divorced

h//www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/06/kyle-rittenhouse-responds-to-lebron-james-tweet-f-ck-you/
    Character says a lot