Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I just got an airbrush. The skull was first attempt and the portrait the second. The portrail looks better IRL. the camera is exaggerating contrasts around and under the eyes. It looks better on the monitor if you move back a few feet. The Kurt was done with Higgins calligraphy ink and the scull with Liquitex acrylic ink. Alot the lights were scrubbed, scratched or sanded out. I learned you can't spray white over the black ink cause it goes to chalky blue immediately. For me at least it's best to stick with one ink and to apply sparsely for lighter values. Kurt was mostly freehand with French curves for masking. I cut a diy stencil for the scull for the basic contour and the eye and nose sockets The airbrush compressor kit was only 60 on amazon, supplies the air 'on demand' at consistent psi, doesn't leak and from what the reviews say from experienced airbrushers it performs as as good as a high end setup. The Vonnegut reference was from the National Portrait Gallery. Non commercial use is permitted. I cropped it down a lot too.
IMG-3981.jpg

IMG-4008.JPG

Last edited:

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The portrait is fantastic! I didn't know you could add so much detail with an airbrush. Are you enjoying using it so far?
Thank you :) I'm really loving it so far. I didn't know what was possible with an ab either till recently. I 've been watching youtube videos to learn the techniques. I don't have the stencils for pores etc. yet so I ended up using brushes for texture. Here's a time lapse video showing how much detail is possible. He has specialized stencils.

Reactions: Isaiah 2:22
Upvote 0