Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have read that this is a really great style of yoga, which has immense physical and mental benefits, however I have also heard of the 'kundalini awakening' which some people claim is demonic.

Has anybody tried kundalini, or knows of anybody that practices it? What are your thoughts?

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yoga is a mixture of physical body postures, breath control, and spiritual practice. You can not really divorce yoga from the Hindu religious culture that developed it as a means to come closer to their gods, to truth, and to enlightenment. But the Hindu worldview and our Christian worldview are not compatible. I would avoid it, seriously. There is a spiritual, demonic element, especially to the more intense and specific forms, like Kundalini.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Just so you know, the symbol associated with Kundalini and the awakening etc. has a serpent in it. It's not of Christ. Don't mix Christianity and this stuff together, just get away from that whole yoga Kundalini mess. Once you get the attention of the spirit involved in that it doesn't let go easily.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you like inviting demons in to mess up your spiritual life, go for it. It is NOT about the stretching and poses or anything physical health AT ALL. DO a ton of research before divulging into something so stupid. Just because everyone else is doing it, does not make it right.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you like inviting demons in to mess up your spiritual life, go for it. It is NOT about the stretching and poses or anything physical health AT ALL. DO a ton of research before divulging into something so stupid. Just because everyone else is doing it, does not make it right.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am cautious hence why I asked about it.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am cautious hence why I asked about it.
Good. I've had experience with yoga stuff in general and it does mess you up. Don't believe the lies the world teaches you. Research everything!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good. I've had experience with yoga stuff in general and it does mess you up. Don't believe the lies the world teaches you. Research everything!

Yes, I have heard that some people have been admitted to psychiatric hospitals as a result of practising yoga. Conversely, I know people who say they enjoy it and it has helped them overcome anxiety. I bought a kundalini DVD as I am going through a tough time at the moment, but I think I might give it a miss. Thanks for your replies.

Reactions: *LILAC
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes, I have heard that some people have been admitted to psychiatric hospitals as a result of practising yoga. Conversely, I know people who say they enjoy it and it has helped them overcome anxiety. I bought a kundalini DVD as I am going through a tough time at the moment, but I think I might give it a miss. Thanks for your replies.
If you were going to be willing to give your energy and time invested over to the fake then why not try the true and living one, Jesus Christ.. And do that in a personal way. He wants to hear from you.

Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you were going to be willing to give your energy and time invested over to the fake then why not try the true and living one, Jesus Christ.. And do that in a personal way. He wants to hear from you.

I am a Christian, already. Thanks for the advice, though.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I have read that this is a really great style of yoga, which has immense physical and mental benefits, however I have also heard of the 'kundalini awakening' which some people claim is demonic.

Has anybody tried kundalini, or knows of anybody that practices it? What are your thoughts?

Kundalini is "divine" energy of the "coiled snake" that rests on your spinal cord and energizes you to perform exploits, and receive enlightenment.

It is a nuance of the temptation in the Garden of Eden. The Most High God awakens people on His own time, or you can get the attention of spirits to help you skip a few steps by devoting your energy to those paths of enlightenment.

• Agree
Reactions: A Gerbil
Upvote 0

A Gerbil

Oct 8, 2019
Lanarkshire, Scotland
✟16,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kundalini is "divine" energy of the "coiled snake" that rests on your spinal cord and energizes you to perform exploits, and receive enlightenment.

It is a nuance of the temptation in the Garden of Eden. The Most High God awakens people on His own time, or you can get the attention of spirits to help you skip a few steps by devoting your energy to those paths of enlightenment.

Yes, indeed. I will try to find some Christian meditation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums