Mar 9, 2004
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟20,487.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hubby and I adopted a kitty back in May. At the time she was 3-4 months old so now that makes her 6-7 months old. She looks older than that though. Anyways, ever since I got her I realized she's what people would call an "aggressive" cat. (as apposed to a calm cat). After we got her I got a cat magazine that recommends tips on picking cats and the different personality traits they have. Well I guess I hadn't thought that far ahead about it when we got her, I just wanted a cute black kitty. I've had a cat before and she must have been a calm kitty. The cat we have now is constantly running around, getting on things she shouldn't, clawing up our legs (ouch) biting us (ouch) and driving us nuts! I dont think she bites out of anger, its just her way of playing. But i have realized how good i had it when I had my old cat. She loved to sit on my lap, and sleep in my bed with me and only meowed when she was hungry or being taken on a car ride! I've asked my hubby if we can take this cat back and he says no all the time. But I'm about to just take her back to the shelter anyways!

Ok my question is, do aggressive cats stay aggressive their whole lives? Should I look forward to a time when this cat will be calmer and less of a troublemaker? Or should I just get rid of her now to save myself the frustration?
I've thought of waiting until she's a year old to see how it goes. But I dont know if I can wait that long!
I used to LOVE kitties now I can barely stand the one I have!
Sorry this was such a long post. thanks for any help you have!:groupray:

pentecostalgirl0414

Soon to be mommy of 2!!
Jan 28, 2005
Wahiawa, HI
✟21,780.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My cat was like that when I first got her. She was abused. She is getting a lot better. It took her some time and we worked with her. She is doing really well now. She knows how to sit on command now. LOL. I also had a cat that was not abused and was just mean and with some time and attention, she was fine. Hope this helps some.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.