Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
We learned it in high school in Jerusalem. It is more about fighting people with weapons than hand – hand combat though. It is great for someone like Police or military, but if you just want to be able to hold your own in a street fight there are much better martial art styles, mixed martial arts of course is always the best, followed by kick boxing and Jujutsu (Brazilian or Japanese).

Upvote 0

fremen

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Krav Maga is not a good martial art - too commercial, and not as efficient as may seem. Only cool thing about it is to see the Orthodoxi kicking some serious butt. :D

If you're thinking of practicing only one martial art, go with Hap Ki Do, it's the most complete martial art, IMHO, as it teaches both punching/kicking, grapling, and floor-fighting. Just make sure you find a good, serious school (some schools teach TKD + some grappling pretending it's Hap Ki Do.)

If you're willing to take some different martial arts, I'd recommend the following:
Tae Kwon Do: For kicking
Muay Thai: For punching and learning how to be mean (lol)
Hap Ki Do: For grappling
Jiu Jitsu: For floor fights

If you can take only two, take Muay Thai and Hap Ki Do (since many of the kicks in Tae Kwon Do are also practiced in Hap Ki Do).

And by all means stay away from Akido (both inefficient and filled with avodah zarah), Ninjutsu (only efficient if you're thinking of disarming a samurai and going hidding behind a tree), and modern arts.

And by all POSSIBLE means, do feel free to test your skills against the anti-semites and the so-called palestinias. :D

OK, I think I might have just shocked a few people here... lol

Fremen

Upvote 0

FrenchAffair

Aug 20, 2005
Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
"And by all POSSIBLE means, do feel free to test your skills against the anti-semites and the so-called palestinias. -fremen"

Fremen, I would appreciate it if you could change the bolded part of your post, it is quite offensive.

Thank you, Mahmood

Upvote 0

fremen

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
It was meant to be a joke.

Fremen

"And by all POSSIBLE means, do feel free to test your skills against the anti-semites and the so-called palestinias. -fremen"

Fremen, I would appreciate it if you could change the bolded part of your post, it is quite offensive.

Thank you, Mahmood

Upvote 0

FrenchAffair

Aug 20, 2005
Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Even so, denial of the existence of the Palestinian people is common tactict by racist in attacks against the Palestinian people. As you may be jokeing, it still holds the stigma of being offensive no matter what context it is used. Such as the world beginning with a N, used to describe Africans in America. It would be greatly appreciated if you could simply take it out.

Upvote 0

fremen

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Even so, denial of the existence of the Palestinian people has been used commonly in racist attacks against the Palestinian people.

I don't deny the existence of a palestinian people. I don't deny the existence of a palestinian country either: It's called JORDAN.

As for the joke, I'm sorry if it has offended you, but this is a Messianic Jewish forum.

Fremen

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

fremen

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
While I might 'get' your humor, there are those that watch this forum closely for stuff like that.

It is precisely this feeling that "the Jews are watched closely" that makes me sick. Anyway, if the mods see fit, they are free to delete my post. I was going to, but the accusation of racism against a people that doesn't even exist historically speaking insults my intelligence.

Fremen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FrenchAffair

Aug 20, 2005
Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
"I don't deny the existence of a palestinian people. I don't deny the existence of a palestinian country either: It's called JORDAN.

As for the joke, I'm sorry if it has offended you, but this is a Messianic Jewish forum." -fremen

Jordan is actually a Hashemite Kingdom, the Palestinian nation is west of the Jordan river. A boundry that has sered as a border between the two people for thousands of years. But this is very far off the topic, it also will lead into a debate which by the rules of this forum neither of us are allowed to engage in this context. I would be more than willing to discuss the differences between the Palestinian People and the Hashemites, as well as the distinct and historical boundaries of these nations in a more appropriate place. I understand if you are joking, it is still offensive none the less which is why I would appreciate it if you removed it from your post. The messianic forum rules state that racism is not tolerate, nor is attacking groups, I see no exception in the rules for Palestinians.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Freeman,

I totally agree with you, but there are troublemakers who want to stir the pot constantly. This forum teeters on a very subtle balance and is watched closely because it generates more reports than any other.

While you may be correct, and I don't question the validity of what you say, there are wiser ways to vent and express yourself achi ;)

Upvote 0

Yehoshua

Jan 14, 2005
Minnesota
✟7,846.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It was a very immature statement indeed, though I agree there's no such thing as a Palestinian, (they are Arabs for all intents and purposes, not Paleset/Philistines, even if some blood is mixed in). I would ask you the rhetorical question: should someone practice their Krav Maga on Secular, Communist, Leftist Jews? How about some unlucky Druze fellow on a camel? Now do you see how your statement was offensive? Please just apologize and it's all over.

Upvote 0

fremen

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I already said it was a joke. There's no need for such a comotion.

BTW, have you had relatives murdered by so-called Palestinians who from cradle are spoonfed hatred towards you and your people just because you insist in existing? Have you had to put up with reading other people who keep shoving their anti-semitism at your face at all times? When you have, I will be the first to say you are entitled to make a silly little joke without people calling you a racist (which by the way is a distortion of what the word 'racist' means).

Fremen

It was a very immature statement indeed, though I agree there's no such thing as a Palestinian, (they are Arabs for all intents and purposes, not Paleset/Philistines, even if some blood is mixed in). I would ask you the rhetorical question: should someone practice their Krav Maga on Secular, Communist, Leftist Jews? How about some unlucky Druze fellow on a camel? Now do you see how your statement was offensive? Please just apologize and it's all over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrenchAffair

Aug 20, 2005
Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
“BTW, have you had relatives murdered by so-called Palestinians who from cradle are spoonfed hatred towards you and your people just because you insist in existing? Have you had to put up with reading other people who keep shoving their anti-semitism at your face at all times? When you have, I will be the first to say you are entitled to make a silly little joke without people calling you a racist” -fremen

So because my home has been illegally destroyed and our land stolen by the Israelis, because I have had family members murdered by the Israeli military, I have been subjected to racism on part of the Israelis, harassment, attacks and death threats and all this just because we wish to live in our nation peacefully, does that give me the right to deny the holocaust without someone saying it is inappropriate, or make anti-Jewish remarks without consequence? It does not matter what I have been though I my life, it does not give me the right to spread racism or bigotry. There is nothing on this earth that entitled any human to spread hatred against another human for the color if his skin, or what ethnic group they come from. Many have lost loved ones in this conflict, the mentality that entitles them to the right to hate the other side is what fuels this conflict and is why it has prolonged. Just like so many other places though out this world.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
FrenchAffair

I am sorry to hear of your loss, sorry that you have suffered so, and understanding your position probably will not change mine.

IN all unfairness, there is more at stake than this. You are suffering in real life, face to face conflicts. You have been brought up to understand one way, and here we are in the comfort of our own homes seeing a different picture. Ours is one of biblical interpretation and rights given by God. Maybe not fair in your world, and all the battering back and forth isn't going to help.

Locking horns with you over this delema is not going to help. Have faith, God will resolve it.

Like the dog getting crumbs at the Lord's table... we are still to be grateful for what He provides.

Upvote 0

simchat_torah

Got Torah?
Feb 23, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
✟9,917.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ours is one of biblical interpretation and rights given by God.
Trivializing FrenchAffair's hardships by making it "spiritual" is demeaning to say the least. It is no better than a Muslim blowing away Jewish school children in the name of Allah because "his bible says its ok." This excuses wrongs and sins done by the hands of man by using scripture verses.

However, with that said, I will say that I highly question FrenchAffair's reports of Israeli military violence. 99% of what is portrayed in the media is simply a farce. FrenchAffair's account sounds all too typical of anti-Israeli hate speech... lots of claims, little verification, and gross generalized sweeping statements. I have found in most cases that Israeli troop activity is well justified and they withold their actions beyond what anyone else in the world is expected to do.

FrenchAffair... if you want to reply to what has been said in this thread, I reccomend you do it via PM's with the members who made comments that offended you. What you're now presenting is dangerously close to anti-Israeli speech. You make bold claims that are (in my opinion) obviously biased and moreover, have been construed to stir the pot further.

my 2 cents,
Yafet

Upvote 0

FrenchAffair

Aug 20, 2005
Dubai, UAE
✟1,888.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
“However, with that said, I will say that I highly question FrenchAffair's reports of Israeli military violence. - simchat_torah”

I do not blame you, if I were a Jew I would not accept the international consensus upon the acts of Israel either. However I ensure that what I state is the truth, if you wish I have ample evidence to provide this. I have the modern maps of our town, the British mandate property ownership documents, Ottoman Empire property ownership as well as land registry dating pre-ottoman empire. I have the maps which show the Israeli settlement next to our community, I can show you the Israeli document sent to us stating that we had 72 hours to vacate our home. I can show you photos of the Israeli military coming to our community at 3am in the morning, with tanks, soldiers and APC’s, kicking in the doors of the homes of our community and at gun point forces the residences into military trucks. And I can show you the photos of the fence, 400 yards from where my home was that is not the closest I can get to it with out being shot at by Israeli sniper towers surrounding the settlement.

“99% of what is portrayed in the media is simply a farce. - simchat_torah”

Not at all, the media may over state the reality of things in certain situations, but 90% of the violence against Palestinians by the Israeli government goes unreported. Just this week 6 Palestinians were killed, 49 injured and 54 kidnapped by the Israeli government. None of this was reported in the western media.

“FrenchAffair's account sounds all too typical of anti-Israeli hate speech- simchat_torah”

It is unfortunate that anybody’s life would be accounted as mine is, let alone millions of Palestinians. But it is the reality of the situation. I lived in Palestine for many years, Israel proper for many more. My experiences are not based on propaganda, or hate speech. As much as it pains my to say so, my experiences are based on reality. I pray to God that as a child I was not forced from my home at the gunpoint of Israeli soilders, I pray to God that as a child I was not subject to the attacks and racism of Israelis that I was, I pray to God that my family had not had to go though the hardships we did simply because we were Palestinians, living in our homes, on our land, in our nation. But we did, and as unfortunate as it was, there is still the opportunity to ensure that these tragedies do not occur to more families, more children and I will do what ever I can to make that prayer a realty.

Upvote 0

fremen

Jul 31, 2007
✟15,638.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
FrenchAffair,
Did Israel have that position before the Yom Kippur war? No. Are Jews raised from craddle to hate Arabs? No. Israel reacts as any nation at war would react. War is never pretty, but Israel didn't begin it.

As for land "stolen", you say you are a Christian. Tell me then, according to your own Christian Bible, whom does G-d say the land belongs to, FOREVER?

As for my remarks, they were not anti-Arab. That is the difference. I have nothing against Arabs. What I have against is a so-called "people" that historically does not exist as a distinct group, that was encouraged to invade Israel by neighbor nations, who in turn refused to let them come back when Israel won the war. And not only that, but the so-called Palestinians blame Israel for every problem they have in their own society, when Yasser Arafat was shown to be one of the richest men in the world - whom did the Palestinian government steal from? Now we have Palestinians killing Palestinians, and whom do they blame? The Jews. Not surprising, since the Koran tells Muslims to do horrendous things to the "infidels". That's why it's one of the few religions in the world I have no respect for.

Fremen

“BTW, have you had relatives murdered by so-called Palestinians who from cradle are spoonfed hatred towards you and your people just because you insist in existing? Have you had to put up with reading other people who keep shoving their anti-semitism at your face at all times? When you have, I will be the first to say you are entitled to make a silly little joke without people calling you a racist” -fremen

So because my home has been illegally destroyed and our land stolen by the Israelis, because I have had family members murdered by the Israeli military, I have been subjected to racism on part of the Israelis, harassment, attacks and death threats and all this just because we wish to live in our nation peacefully, does that give me the right to deny the holocaust without someone saying it is inappropriate, or make anti-Jewish remarks without consequence? It does not matter what I have been though I my life, it does not give me the right to spread racism or bigotry. There is nothing on this earth that entitled any human to spread hatred against another human for the color if his skin, or what ethnic group they come from. Many have lost loved ones in this conflict, the mentality that entitles them to the right to hate the other side is what fuels this conflict and is why it has prolonged. Just like so many other places though out this world.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.