Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right....they believe Jesus is "His Word". Just as we do:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God....."

We part ways in our belief that "the Word WAS God" as they are strictly monotheists (and perceive that as having plural Gods).

Are you saying that they worship the same GOD of the Bible? If not then who are they worshiping?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Archivist, MK; Do you guys really NOT understand the wiles of the devil?
To my mind....it's far more evil to spread contemptuous lies that incite disdain about people groups than it is to hold to different beliefs about who God is.

Something I ran into here just a little while ago were these two discussions (here and here )where people were professing Christianity while attacking the Trinity and claiming it was "man made" and counter to the early church teaching. To me...that's deceptive. This (building interfaith bridges)....not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. Do you?
Nope. Just checking, because of your claim that they don't call Him "Jesus". We can't really sum God up in that way either (it leaves out
2/3 of the Trinity....and the pre-incarnate Christ).

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To my mind....it's far more evil to spread contemptuous lies about people groups that incite disdain than it is to hold to different beliefs about who God is.

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Exodus 20:3
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that they worship the same GOD of the Bible? If not then who are they worshiping?

I believe that's an odd way of framing it. We all believe there's only ONE God. It's our perceptions/understanding of who that is that is plural.

The phrase "Abrahamic religion" is used for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Unfortunately....the contempt for Jews seems to be rising as well (all in the name of God--and who is "worshiping the right God")....which I believe is "anti-Christ".

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Easy fix, we just get someone to read John 10:30 in a Mosque.
Like that would be allowed. Not. Gonna. Happen. I really doubt any imam would ever allow a non-Muslim to speak in a mosque.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We all believe there's only ONE God.

Not me my God consists of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which is something Muslims take seriously (and--from what I've heard from some--is why they can't accept Jesus of Nazareth as God). They consider that as polytheism.

Don't we as Christians drive home the idea that our faith is a *personal* relationship with God? We all agree that "God is love"---shouldn't we make *that* our priority to love and respect others (instead of zeroing in on where our beliefs part ways)?

Freedom is a major part of love...and Jesus Himself instructed us to:

"Love God with all our heart, mind, and soul...and love your neighbor as yourself". Do you recall the next question (recorded in Luke 10) that was asked of Jesus and how He answered?

Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Allah is the same god in Christianity and Judaism. It's just a different name for the same thing.

No, because in Christianity, Jesus is the incarnate Word. Not in Islam, not in Judaism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not me my God consists of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
You answered "not me" to my statement "we all believe in ONE God". The Nicene creed starts off with:

"We believe in one God...."

That's what I affirm. Are you not in agreement with that?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Archivist, MK; Do you guys really NOT understand the wiles of the devil?

How is it the "wiles of the devil" to state a simple fact, that being that we all worship the God of Abraham, but the Muslims have a mistaken understanding of the God of Abraham?

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Which is something Muslims take seriously (and--from what I've heard from some--is why they can't accept Jesus of Nazareth as God). They consider that as polytheism.

That may be the case however as a Bible Believing Christian, I have to say that they are wrong. It is our duty to share the Gospel with them. However that is a different issue than what is being discussed.
It might not be PC to say that they are wrong but did not Jesus say
Luke 17:3
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Don't we as Christians drive home the idea that our faith is a *personal* relationship with God? We all agree that "God is love"---shouldn't we make *that* our priority to love and respect others (instead of zeroing in on where our beliefs part ways)?

Freedom is a major part of love...and Jesus Himself instructed us to:

"Love God with all our heart, mind, and soul...and love your neighbor as yourself". Do you recall the next question (recorded in Luke 10) that was asked of Jesus and how He answered?

As Christians should we point out the heresy of the Muslims?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
No, because in Christianity, Jesus is the incarnate Word. Not in Islam, not in Judaism.
Have you just declared that the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob is a different deity than the Christian God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That may be the case however as a Bible Believing Christian, I have to say that they are wrong. It is our duty to share the Gospel with them. However that is a different issue than what is being discussed.
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

I agree with you, and yet others have claimed that I am representing the "wiles of the devil" for saying that we all worship the God of Abraham, even though I have followed that statement with an explanation that the Muslims have a misunderstanding of the God of Abraham. They don't accept Jesus as the Son of God. They don't accept the Trinity. Will they achieve salvation? no. But they still do worship the God of Abraham.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Have you just declared that the God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob is a different deity than the Christian God?

No. Rather I have declared that, since the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob became incarnate, since Jesus Christ was the incarnate logos, the theanthropos, and since Islam and Rabinnical/Karaite Judaism reject that, they do not worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That seems to be a stretch to me. How is someone "trespassing against thee" by holding to their personal beliefs? Just as you have your convictions (and our entitled to them)....isn't it only just to allow the same for others? Isn't that "loving others as yourself" (allowing the same privileges)? I'm not going to be so bold and claim that another person's beliefs are "wrong". I'm not omniscient. To me...."sharing the Gospel" is through love and respect (not telling someone "you are wrong"). I've witnessed that tactic---and I have NEVER seen it go over well. The "fruit" causes me to come to the conclusion that's not the Truth of the Gospel.

Upvote 0

notreligus

Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2006
✟97,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Episcopal theologians were involved with the "Three Faiths: One God" documentary I recently watched. (I purchased a copy to show others.) They were encouraging the three major faiths (Islam, Judaism and Christianity) to come together with their common beliefs - all three are "Abrahamic faiths." I expect to see more of this sort of thing happening along with the continual dumbing-down of the Church. As we become more intellectual we are become less interested in the major doctrines centered on Jesus Christ and thus we are becoming more accepting of false beliefs which are more humanistic in nature.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You answered "not me" to my statement "we all believe in ONE God". The Nicene creed starts off with:

"We believe in one God...."

That's what I affirm. Are you not in agreement with that?

Your posts tend to indicate that Muslim worship the same God as we do and that is what I have been addressing.

The first statement in the creed is wrong, so no I do not believe in the creed.
"I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

The Bible is clear that Jesus was the creator of all things not the Father.
John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Col 1
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence

Upvote 0