visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
People often contend that if you don't know God their way, then you don't know Him.

God tells Moses that the people have known Him by the name El Shaddai, but they have not known Him by the name YHVH.

Exodus 6:1 Then the Lord said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land. 2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the Lord: 3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

I have found that those who know Him by one name, often have a different perspective of Him than those who know Him by another name. I believe the same happens when one goes by Jesus and then learns Yeshua. There is a profound increase of understanding. "Jesus" as a name has no profound depth to the meaning of that name. Yet "Yeshua" ישוע. Yeshua is Joshua, rich in history and prophecy. Yehoshua – יהושע. means "Yehovah saves" just like Jehoshaphat or Yehoshaphat יהושפט means Jehovah judges.

I am brings up both Yehoshaphat and Yeshua because Yeshua not only saves but will also Judge. The name YHVH or Jehovah is located inside the name Yeshua, even if most people don’t know that. As Yeshua came to save us, so will He return to judge, make war and rule the nations [Revelation 19:11-16]