Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 1Co 13:2

It would be nice and clear if you my friend truly understood the Scripture above. Charity or love is more important than the gift of prophecy, understanding all mysteries, all knowledge and the faith of moving any mountain. Without love you have nothing
And you know for a fact, over the thousands of miles that separate us, and having never met me in person, that I do not "truly understand" this text? That's very interesting.

Now here is another important fact should I accept the Church false views on EGW or her on words as what she is?
I said that I did not claim to be a prophetess. I have not stood before the people claiming this title, though many called me thus. I have been instructed to say, "I am ELHOM'S messenger, sent to bear a message of reproof to the erring and of encouragement to the meek and lowly." With pen and with voice I am to bear the messages given me. The word given me is, "You are faithfully to reprove those who would mar the faith of the people of ELHOM.
Write out the things which I shall give you, that they may stand as a witness to the truth till the end of time." But there was a continued misuse of her unguarded statement, and further explanations were called for. She prepared an article entitled "A Messenger," which was published in the Review and Herald, July 26, 1906. In this she explained When I was last in Battle Creek, I said before a large congregation that I did not claim to be a prophetess. Twice I referred to this matter, intending each time to make the statement, "I do not claim to be a prophetess." If I spoke otherwise than this, let all now understand that what I had in mind to say was that I do not claim the title of prophet or prophetess. 5BIO 356
You have changed some of the wording in your "quotes" of her material, so that disqualifies everything you say here against her.

Castaway instead of using haughty words against me why don't you listen to the HOLY SPIRIT first and then to EGW's on words she said herself?
I maintain that you are falsely stating our beliefs here, and I see no reason to retract that yet.

It is not "idolizing" to call someone a prophet.

It is an idol to put someone above ELOHIM and the church has. Many are turn off because of this very reason.
The church actually has not done this,and you have not come close to proving it. You make many audacious claims against the church, then say you "believe." Well; it's hard to say what you believe from what you post.

And what has "Obama" got to do with this? Remember, this is a conservative Adventist forum, and "we" do support all of the official teachings of the Church. It's OK for you to disagree with said teachings, of course, but it is important to depict our beliefs correctly here.
Where do I put Obama but in my request for blessings and you say that is wrong? I have always felt that you include the man who is over this country who should receive a blessing. I thought under both the laws of ELOHIM and this country I had freedom of religion and speech!stinsonmarri

Along with this so called "freedom" that you pontificate on here, goes responsibility. The responsibility to obey forum rules and stick to the topic of a given thread. Try starting a topic on Obama in the appropriate place instead of making such a fuss about him here..

Its like I said, you are free to disagree with Adventists, just don't say something is Adventist when it is not. Thats what I will continue to object to here. And I have no hesitation in saying you misrepresent the official teachings re Ellen White.

Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My Dear Friend Castaway57:

And you know for a fact, over the thousands of miles that separate us, and having never met me in person, that I do not "truly understand" this text? That's very interesting.

Miles and meeting you have nothing to do with this subject but your actions through writings do? Why are you so antagonist? You haven't met me either but you protested my stand as an Adventist? Just for record I've been in the church since 1955 how long have you been a part of the church? Also I have been a Bible worker in the church for years and GC know where I stand. By the way the vice President is very dear friend of mine and we went to Oakwood together since you felt the need to question my stand with the church.

You have changed some of the wording in your "quotes" of her material, so that disqualifies everything you say here against her.

I have not changed anything but used the Sacred Names in place of the pagan one which does not disqualifies the point. Again I can stand on the Word of YAHWEH ELOHIM and if you be so kind tell me how the singular word god refers to three separate Supreme Beings who worked together as ONE IN UNITY? How does a husband and wife become "one flesh" do they merge together after they are married?

And ELOHIM said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

“And in all that I have said to you take heed. And make no mention of the name of other mighty ones, let it not be heard from your mouth. Ex 23:13

Who hath ascended up into Heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is HIS NAME, and what is HIS SON'S NAME, if thou canst tell? Pro 30:4

I chose after living and studying in Israel what their purpose was and that was to be messengers to the ALMIGHTY which by the way means ELOHIM that is a plural surname of the THREE. They did not do what is required and again the call is to us to complete the work and keep all the Commandments and not just the Sabbath.

You made not like the information that I have provided but it is factual and to the point. EGW stated that she by the SON was told she was to be a messenger. She had to clear up what she allowed others to believe even though she did not called herself a prophetess. She stated that no one should give her that title.

I maintain that you are falsely stating our beliefs here, and I see no reason to retract that yet.

Here what I state to you my friend:

And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Mat 15:6-9

And for this cause ELOHIM shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 2Th 2:11

The church actually has not done this, and you have not come close to proving it. You make many audacious claims against the church, then say you "believe." Well; it's hard to say what you believe from what you post.

Yes I am audacious thank you because I stand boldly on my claim and faith. What I believe is the Investigated Judgment, the Sanctuary truth, the Feast Days of YAHWEH, keeping all the Commandments, Laws, Judgment and Statues, reverence THEIR HOLY NAME: YAHWEH ELOHIM, YAHSHUA ELOHIM and HOLY SPIRIT ELOHIM. I also believe in loving you through YASHUA. Gen 26:5; Ex 24:12; Lev 22:32, 23:1; Deut 5:31; Ps 25:10, 77:13 Chapter 119; Eze 36:21; 1John 2:5; Rev 14:7

Along with this so called "freedom" that you pontificate on here, goes responsibility. The responsibility to obey forum rules and stick to the topic of a given thread. Try starting a topic on Obama in the appropriate place instead of making such a fuss about him here..

Well will you please point to the rule that I have broken if I want to state when I close by praying for someone or asking blessing on them? I truly like to see that rule are you one of the monitors?

Its like I said, you are free to disagree with Adventists, just don't say something is Adventist when it is not. Thats what I will continue to object to here. And I have no hesitation in saying you misrepresent the official teachings re Ellen White.

Now you have become my dictator and ruler on what I should and should not say? Well I suggest you understand what Adventist means my friend. It is the belief in the imminent Second Coming of YASHUA which I believe in by faith. I am a good and standing member in my church so it does not matter how you address me I stand as a Seventh day Adventist and that is that so eat your heart out with your anger.

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the AMEN, the FAITHFUL and TRUE WITNESS, the beginning of the Creation of ELOHIM; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of MY MOUTH. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of ME gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Rev 3:14-19

Blessing to you in Canada and to my President Obama may he have four more years,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

JohnMarsten

Jul 18, 2011
✟9,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably when they learn to stop listening to liars--of course, first they have to have more than bare clues as to what lies have been told ...
[/size][/color][/font]

Just out of curiosity, did EGW preach the shut door doctrine? or is this again a pure lie?

Upvote 0