Knowing what is going to happen before it does?

CatMom87

Apr 3, 2019
Indiana
✟7,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am struggling with something. Without wanting to...very randomly... I just know what people are going to do or say. It is pretty off the wall stuff, and so random and unexpected, yet extremely specific that it is a bit shocking. I thought it seemed like it happens most with people I have a pretty decent connection with, but then it was happening with those I hardly know at all. People have called it a gift. My mom says I get it from my Granny. Yet does the Bible not say it is wrong? And if so, it isn't like I am choosing to do it. I am just lost when it comes to it and don't know what to think in the least. :/

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I am struggling with something. Without wanting to...very randomly... I just know what people are going to do or say. It is pretty off the wall stuff, and so random and unexpected, yet extremely specific that it is a bit shocking. I thought it seemed like it happens most with people I have a pretty decent connection with, but then it was happening with those I hardly know at all. People have called it a gift. My mom says I get it from my Granny. Yet does the Bible not say it is wrong? And if so, it isn't like I am choosing to do it. I am just lost when it comes to it and don't know what to think in the least. :/
I don't get it. What is wrong with knowing what is going to happen before it does?

How do you know, or in what way did this ability showed up? There might be something wrong there, or in what you do with this "gift". What the Bible says is wrong is what you might do with it. And maybe how you got it. Don't know.

I get deja-vu type things all the time, and some of what you describe, though usually it is unavoidable things that I recognize only as they "unfold".

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, by the time I had lived with my family for twenty years I was able to pretty much predict what people would say all the time, too. It got wearying because every day seemed just the same as the last. Everyone always responded to things the same and had the same reactions to everything.

As far as people outside my family, I do have the ability to predict what people will say or do sometimes. But not as often as yu, it doesn't sound like. I have a habit of responding to someone before they barely get a word out of their mouth, yet I'm rarely wrong in my prediction of what they're going to say. Often people will ask me, "How could you have possibly known what I was about to say?" And I'm honestly not sure! ^_^

I think we both just have a very strong intuition. Kind of like, an in-built recognition of patterns that we aren't even aware of most of the time. Our brain recognizes a familiar pattern from past experience and predicts what's going to happen next with surprising accuracy. I guess not everyone's brains work like that...

Upvote 0

YesMe

Aug 18, 2016
Earth
✟29,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have this "gift" too.The thing is that it only happens with my family, if something bad is going to happen to one of my family members, well, I dream about it... I had three premonitions untill now and they all were correct but with only one difference? My family survived everytime, in my dream, they died... Think about it, I dreamt that my mother died and when I woke up my father called me and he told me that at my mom's workplace, in that night, several women died, one of them had the name of my mom... and she was there that night with those women.How could I know? People say that these are demonic influences... These "premonitions" just come to me, I did nothing, they just happen, very rarely, but they happen.I also have out of body experiences, just few weeks ago I saw Jesus Christ on the cross... today someone told me that it was from demons... why would demons show me Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a spiritual gift called 'discerning of spirits', somehow there are believers who can do something like you are describing. I don't think it's demonic, necessarily, it might just be some kind of intuition.

Upvote 0

Mtol117

May 31, 2016
New Jersey
✟37,160.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I have something similar
When i was younger we had a really old car, and i always use to make up scenarios in my head about the car being in an accident so we could get a new one - and then that is exactly what happened

im in college and i used to drink now and then and go out on the weekends. One night i blacked out while out in town and ended up in my dorm (thank you god for keeping me safe that night!) . I made up scenarios in my head about seeing some girl i knew from my chinese class and telling her "You're in my Chinese class!" and apparently thats what i did that night

I made up scenarios in my head of me and my roommate walking back from lunch and seeing her, and then that happened

It's really strange, like its not things i pray to happen, i imagine them happening and they happen. Thing is i get so swept up in daydreaming i always play out scenarios of different things happening and things i imagine happening happen but sometimes when i pray for things to happen they will happen but they won't happen immediately but when i imagine those things happening they DO happen almost immediately?

Im not saying god hasn't answered my prayers he has and i've seen that happen but idk how my thoughts work. Maybe it has to do with me being on the spectrum idk

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yet does the Bible not say it is wrong? And if so, it isn't like I am choosing to do it. I am just lost when it comes to it and don't know what to think in the least. :/

Probably the same gift as prophecy. Nothing wrong with it. Yes, the gift can be passed down from ancestors.

I have a gift of prophecy where I can either experience it spontaneously or randomly or in full conscious control. Always a couple of minutes into the future.

The random/spontaneous version is often clear, no interpretations needed. Relatively rare occurence, up to a couple instances per day.

The conscious, full control version also "peers" a couple minutes into the future but interpretation is required. Images will appear in "disassembled" form. For example, if I'm going to see a guitar few minutes from now, I will see couple of strings and then a piece of the guitar boards, individually...Never together. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Like those guessing games in TV shows.

More complex information is a lot harder to process or just take more mental focus (more practice).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have something similar
When i was younger we had a really old car, and i always use to make up scenarios in my head about the car being in an accident so we could get a new one - and then that is exactly what happened

im in college and i used to drink now and then and go out on the weekends. One night i blacked out while out in town and ended up in my dorm (thank you god for keeping me safe that night!) . I made up scenarios in my head about seeing some girl i knew from my chinese class and telling her "You're in my Chinese class!" and apparently thats what i did that night

I made up scenarios in my head of me and my roommate walking back from lunch and seeing her, and then that happened

It's really strange, like its not things i pray to happen, i imagine them happening and they happen. Thing is i get so swept up in daydreaming i always play out scenarios of different things happening and things i imagine happening happen but sometimes when i pray for things to happen they will happen but they won't happen immediately but when i imagine those things happening they DO happen almost immediately?

Im not saying god hasn't answered my prayers he has and i've seen that happen but idk how my thoughts work. Maybe it has to do with me being on the spectrum idk
Whenever anything "tells" us something, TEST as Scripture says.

The enemy is more than happy to "tell" anyone anything hoping they will listen and get used to listening -- but always for the purpose of deceiving and leading astray.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If its from God.. He will show you something in His word.. and it will ALWAYS bring glory to Him. Any time He shows me something..1st let me say its as HE WILLS not me. I can be with someone.. or thing.. and He just tells me something. Its always to help.. encourage. You know for the good.

All good things come from God.

• Winner
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not pray to God and just tell Him you only want what is coming from Him? That's what helped me. Then when it happens asks Him what He wants you to do if anything. Because everything He does has a purpose. Sometimes it's to pray for them - standing in the gap or developing more in the area of discernment or discerning of spirits

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It really depends where the gift originates from as to whether it is wrong. I would just pray to God that if it is of Him, showing you the reality of Spiritual knowledge, that it will continue, and pray that if it is not of God that it will cease to happen.

It has happened to me a few times, I just shrugged it off, but thought, God you are showing me that nothing surprises you, you know even the words we are going to speak.

Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Biblical way of knowing about things before they happen is a gift of the Spirit, not something to be inherited by Granny.

The Bible does not say that any gift of the Spirit of God is wrong. As far as I've heard the non-denominational churches teach about the gifts of the Spirit in a positive manner. That they are for today.
But if you think that it's wrong, then perhaps your church preaches against it?

Perhaps you should seriously consider exactly where your gift is coming from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums