Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The way to know God more is, by reading His word and allowing His Holy Spirit to teach you of Him.

Pro 2:1-11
1) My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2) So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3) Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4) If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5) Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
6) For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7) He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8) He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9) Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
10) When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
Pro 2:11 Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:

Prov. 4:7
Wisdom is the principal thing;
therefore get wisdom:
and with all thy getting get understanding.

Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." and "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty to the destroying of stronghold" which could certainly include any impediment to knowing the Lord better "casting down vain imaginations and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of YHWH" aka God "and bringing every thought captive to Messiah."

This is incredibly hard to do. Can't even get close without heart felt prayer. "He Who keeps His mind stayed on me will be kept in perfect peace." The Word is certainly essential for getting close to the Lord, and prayer. But without keeping our minds stayed on Him and His Word, we never see the progress that there could be in being close to Him.

I pray you will be led to the habit of focusing on the Lord and His Word and talking to Him from that way. You might want to study the missionary Frank Laubach who was famous for "practicing the Presence of God."
frank laubach practicing the presence of god lyrics - Yahoo Image Search Results

Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As has been said already to spend time studying the Bible, in prayer and thinking about what to have ready, but there I one last area where one can get to know God.
To get involved in Christian service.
Join a group who go out seeking to talk to people about Jesus, join the leadership of a youth club, or Sunday school etc etc.
Having to step out in faith really makes one trust God and in trusting him, start to know him.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
As has been said already to spend time studying the Bible, in prayer and thinking about what to have ready, but there I one last area where one can get to know God.
To get involved in Christian service.
Join a group who go out seeking to talk to people about Jesus, join the leadership of a youth club, or Sunday school etc etc.
Having to step out in faith really makes one trust God and in trusting him, start to know him.

I agree

Eph. 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jas. 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Jas. 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jas. 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree

Eph. 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Jas. 2:18
Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Jas. 2:20
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jas. 2:26
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

No for none of those reasons.

If one tries to serve God in one's own strength, wisdom and ability one will always fail.

We can only serve God in his strength, ability and wisdom, which we get through being close to him, fear of failure drives one into the Bible and into a closer relationship with God.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Asking for prayer to know God more. Thanks!
I pray for you.
Dear Father Bless and direct Balugon into a closer relationship with you. Fill him with joy in your presence, in Jesus precious name

Upvote 0