✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
John 13:3 (NIV)

Jesus knew that He had come from God and was returning to God.

When did Jesus know that He was God? Did He know His divinity at birth, or did He gradually grow into that realization? Growing up as a Child, He must have known that He was different from the other kids. There are only faint clues in the Bible for that. We know that at the tender age of 12, Christ knew that He was God's Son and had to be in His Father's House (Luke 2:49). He knew that He was to be the sacrificial lamb (Luke 12:50) and that His time had come (John 13:1).

However, He might not have known all the details immediately. It's possible that God revealed the details of His plan and purpose for His Son gradually. This is true for us as well. We may not know all God has for us, but we can grow into that knowledge just as Christ did.

Brad D.

A Way Unknown
Aug 22, 2022
US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 13:3 (NIV)

Jesus knew that He had come from God and was returning to God.

When did Jesus know that He was God? Did He know His divinity at birth, or did He gradually grow into that realization? Growing up as a Child, He must have known that He was different from the other kids. There are only faint clues in the Bible for that. We know that at the tender age of 12, Christ knew that He was God's Son and had to be in His Father's House (Luke 2:49). He knew that He was to be the sacrificial lamb (Luke 12:50) and that His time had come (John 13:1).

However, He might not have known all the details immediately. It's possible that God revealed the details of His plan and purpose for His Son gradually. This is true for us as well. We may not know all God has for us, but we can grow into that knowledge just as Christ did.

I like this quote from Thomas Merton. I think it goes well with what you are saying. I agree with it wholeheartedly.

To work out, however, our identity in God is a labor that requires sacrifice and anguish, risk and many tears. It demands close attention to reality at every moment as God reveals Himself obscurely in the mystery of each new situation. We do not know clearly beforehand what the results of this work will be. The secret of my full identity is hidden in Him. He alone can only make me who I really am. (who I was really intended to be) But unless I desire to be who I was intended to be and the work that goes with it, the work will never be done. The way of doing it is a secret I can learn only from Him. (Any other path is false!)" {End Quote} { Parentheses emphasis mine}

Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0