✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
YOU ARE IN THE SEMPER REFORMANDA FORUM.

Found this a while back but decided to share as the grace of God is fiercely under attack. This is the original KJV1611 and as you see they had commentary at the beginning of each chapter, the photo below is chapter 33. Now modern day printers have removed them the commentary.

So the scripture says man receives repenatace from God,not by his doing but through the supernatural working of the creator. No repentance, no salvation.

To have the King james translators is interesting. I wonder what KJV only groups will do now?

Last edited:

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i use the KJV, but i'm not ignorant or arrogant to say its the only true version. No version of the bible is truly accurate although many may claim their version is, but when one studies their bible, they have to look up the Hebrew and Greek words again and again.

as for repentance coming by visions.......just stop thinking that immediately. Repentance/conviction, etc only comes to someone when they truly and honestly admit they've fallen short of the Glory of God and they're a sinner bound for hell and willing to accept Christ into their lives.

I'm not going to get into the theology of it all, it would only hinder sinners being saved by the grace of God.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Danigt22

Feb 27, 2020
Heredia, Heredia Centro
✟33,158.00
Country
Costa Rica
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Celibate

Found this a while back but decided to share as the grace of God is fiercely under attack. This is the original KJV1611 and as you see they had commentary at the beginning of each chapter, the photo below is chapter 33. Now modern day printers have removed them the commentary.

So the scripture says man receives repenatace from God,not by his doing but through the supernatural working of the creator. No repentance, no salvation.

To have the King james translators is interesting. I wonder what KJV only groups will do now? View attachment 285810

View attachment 285810

We need to believe in our hearts the gospel and admit we are sinners in need of grace. It is our trust and our hearts that confess us into salvation. All this process is a work of God, so give praise to him for his grace and his infinite love. Repetences doesnt save, but it is something natural that comes in our lives when get expose to the light that is our lord himself. It shows how flaw we are. Dont do good works out fear of not being under grace, we do it out of love for lord Jesus Christ. That same love is our reward in heaven. Our heart is the only possession we will be bringing to heaven, so take good care of it and stay in the light even if you feel shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
IMG_20201006_204400.jpg

Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right sorry about that. The links in my OP broke but in post #4 people can look at the scripture themselves.

may i ask what you are trying to do? Make Salvation more difficult, stop the furtherence of the Gospel, or what?

you might need to evaluate yourselve before you try to evaluate a certain bible version, because the Lord will be your ultimate Judge

• Winner
Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
may i ask what you are trying to do? Make Salvation more difficult, stop the furtherence of the Gospel, or what?

Sharing proof that Salvation comes as a gift from God. It is no more difficult than God will have it be.

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
we know that.......

Well we obviously disagree on what the gift of salvation is if you think creation gets to decide if they enter the kingdom of God or not but it doesn't matter.

As for this ''you might need to evaluate yourselves before you try to evaluate a certain bible version, because the Lord will be your ultimate Judge'' you can see it with your own eyes.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the scripture says

But you didn't show us what the *scripture* said. This is the translator's commentary, which could be right or wrong. We would need to see the actual verses 14-19 to determine what *scripture* says.

I'm not sure what your point is. The KJV is a good translation, but not infallible. It appears you are trying to show that it is wrong about salvation. Please keep in mind that these are the words of one of Job's friends, not of God. So is the phrase often heard, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
But you didn't show us what the *scripture* said. This is the translator's commentary, which could be right or wrong. We would need to see the actual verses 14-19 to determine what *scripture* says.

I'm not sure what your point is. The KJV is a good translation, but not infallible. It appears you are trying to show that it is wrong about salvation. Please keep in mind that these are the words of one of Job's friends, not of God. So is the phrase often heard, "The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away".

Well of course it's their commentary and that will hopefully be the focus of the thread. The title of this thread is ''KJV Translators says Repentance comes by visions" because I want to know what the Theologian and people of the faith from the past thought about scripture, I suspect other Christians do as well. Could the King James Translators be wrong on this point? Yes, but if you concede they are wrong on salvation then I would say the remainder of their scripture cannot be trusted either and certainly not be KJV only. I personally agree with the King James Translators on this point and think God repents his creation through dreams.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what the dispute with the KJV translators is. If we provide the context for the translator's commentary, then it essentially says, "[Elihu said,] God calleth man to repentance by visions". Seeing vvs 14-15, it appears that is one of the ways Elihu believes God approaches sinners.

I will attempt to transcribe the actual scripture text here, in case anyone is having a hard time reading it.

(Job 33:14-15, 1611 KJV)
14. For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15. In a dreame, in a vision of the night, when deep sleepe falleth upon men, in slumbrings vpon the bed:

• Winner
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

To have the King james translators is interesting. I wonder what KJV only groups will do now?

I think the verses you are speaking of; Job 33:15-17, it doesn't really matter what version you read, the commentary is accurate. Visions (dreams) are one way God calls people to repentance, but its not the sole way, as noted later also by ministry and by afflictions.

For some ministry is enough, for others afflictions and ministry is what it takes, for others only Visions/Dreams will cut it, and for some thats only after the afflictions and ministry didn't quite cut it..

God deals with each of us as the individuals we are, and reaches us in the manner we will best respond to. Does God still call people in dreams today? Yes! I am one such person (totally hard headed.. I needed all 3, lol), but it's certainly not the only way He calls us as He knows us as the individuals we are..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Interesting find.

I found that by just reading through the text and it appeared to me that scripture was answering the question how man repents. I had it as an act of God and the King james Translators seemingly agree.

Reactions: JM
Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
I think the verses you are speaking of; Job 33:15-17, it doesn't really matter what version you read, the commentary is accurate. Visions (dreams) are one way God calls people to repentance, but its not the sole way, as noted later also by ministry and by afflictions.

For some ministry is enough, for others afflictions and ministry is what it takes, for others only Visions/Dreams will cut it, and for some thats only after the afflictions and ministry didn't quite cut it..

God deals with each of us as the individuals we are, and reaches us in the manner we will best respond to. Does God still call people in dreams today? Yes! I am one such person (totally hard headed.. I needed all 3, lol), but it's certainly not the only way He calls us as He knows us as the individuals we are..

Well this certainly answers the question that arminians cannot answer when asked how does a person repent. And there are credible witnesses to claim-the king James Translators.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0