Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
True, some people are on this earth to preach the gospel! And I believe pastor Lawson is one of them. He was sick, terrible sick, had operation and all and came back looking healthier than ever haha :D God is good and He is not finished with him yet.

It's amazing how God works yes, when you see those things coming together like talking about same stuff and thinking same stuff yet not beeing at the same place you see how great Holy Spirit is. It connects people all over this earth and bring us all together closer to God. I always wanted to preach myself, but I believe I am to "green" to go and preach :) I have not enough Bible study behind my back. Maybe, when the time is right and if God wants so. Great that you delivered some messages, do you have it somewhere on video I would love to see it?

You might be very surprised what God could do with you and delivering a message, I was not experienced when I delivered my first, yet what I delivered spoke to several people but one person in particular who was struggling with something in an area of what I spoke on. i was amazed the pastor asked me to speak, yet at the same time was not really surprised. It came to be a fairly regular thing in that church.

This was a small church and I'm sorry to say there are no videos and actually since then the pastor moved on to Greater Grace in Marlborough Ma .and that little church closed.

Incidentally, both Greater Grace in Baltimore and also Pastor Richard Jordan's ministry have bible schools and or colleges. Something to keep in mind !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Also they are very missions based, in 50 years they have planted over 600 churches world wide. This is who they are but you can get a heck of a Word from them and probably a desire to soul win..

Praise God! i'm encouraged that they have a heart for souls. It's rare. I believe that "winning souls" is something that God plants in our hearts, minds, and souls and that that unction is in our everyday contacts, and is sorta' "in our blood" because we know the urgency of it.

As it is written, the "winner of souls" is wise.

iu

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Praise God! i'm encouraged that they have a heart for souls. It's rare. I believe that "winning souls" is something that God plants in our hearts, minds, and souls and that that unction is in our everyday contacts, and is sorta' "in our blood" because we know the urgency of it.

As it is written, the "winner of souls" is wise.

iu
Indeed !

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Bible believer, follower of Jesus Christ
Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You might be very surprised what God could do with you and delivering a message, I was not experienced when I delivered my first, yet what I delivered spoke to several people but one person in particular who was struggling with something in an area of what I spoke on. i was amazed the pastor asked me to speak, yet at the same time was not really surprised. It came to be a fairly regular thing in that church.

This was a small church and I'm sorry to say there are no videos and actually since then the pastor moved on to Greater Grace in Marlborough Ma .and that little church closed.

Incidentally, both Greater Grace in Baltimore and also Pastor Richard Jordan's ministry have bible schools and or colleges. Something to keep in mind !

I believe yes, usually when I start to talk to people about God I get into "the feeling" and really feel I am preaching the things God wants me to. Problem is that I live in Netherlands for 3 years now, and me and my fiancee are not attending any church, because there are a lot of new age churches here and weird "religions". I found last week a church that's baptist and I hope they use KJV Bible, we will probably go and check it out this wednsday! I always wanted to preach on streets also, but I get a little bit affraid that I would get too much attention on myself and not on our Lord.

I will definetly check out your pastor, the videos there are! Thank you for sharing brother Dave!

Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I have listened!!! HE'S the one that stopped me in my tracks once (Pastor Thomas Schaller!) i had accidentally left the radio on, and he came on and i was like "wait a minute...who is this?")

I'm listening now. His message is about prayer.

Hahaha, see this is how God works, it was meant for you to find him! :D Listen to his preachings and teachings, really some wisdom from Proverbs right there!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hahaha, see this is how God works, it was meant for you to find him! :D Listen to his preachings and teachings, really some wisdom from Proverbs right there!

Thanks Living! I appreciate it. :)

Any other thoughts on Proverbs 17?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So Proverbs 17 , How about 17:10 ? It said something to me as I reviewed chapter 17. nothing profound, it just wrung true ! We have bible study tonight I might read from proverbs 17, anyway: Proverbs 17:10 10A rebuke impresses a discerning person more than a hundred lashes a fool.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe yes, usually when I start to talk to people about God I get into "the feeling" and really feel I am preaching the things God wants me to. Problem is that I live in Netherlands for 3 years now, and me and my fiancee are not attending any church, because there are a lot of new age churches here and weird "religions". I found last week a church that's baptist and I hope they use KJV Bible, we will probably go and check it out this wednsday! I always wanted to preach on streets also, but I get a little bit affraid that I would get too much attention on myself and not on our Lord.

I will definetly check out your pastor, the videos there are! Thank you for sharing brother Dave!
Here is the thing Living Right, you need to feel the call from God to do this. Pray on it and see if He leads you that way. But street preaching and soul winning we all can do, ordained or not. And then you also will be tested, count on it. Many people thought I was a pastor, others told me I should be one. I thought I should "maybe become one" and I prayed on it, prayed on bible school, ordination etc. He calls me to witness all the time, but the idea of being pastor I think is more a human thing. Make sure He is calling you, all the really good pastors I know have said that God made it very obvious to them. He has not done that with me, even though it's obvious He worked in me when I prepared to speak and while speaking, I got no sense to seal the deal so to speak..

Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Here is the thing Living Right, you need to feel the call from God to do this. Pray on it and see if He leads you that way. But street preaching and soul winning we all can do, ordained or not. And then you also will be tested, count on it. Many people thought I was a pastor, others told me I should be one. I thought I should "maybe become one" and I prayed on it, prayed on bible school, ordination etc. He calls me to witness all the time, but the idea of being pastor I think is more a human thing. Make sure He is calling you, all the really good pastors I know have said that God made it very obvious to them. He has not done that with me, even though it's obvious He worked in me when I prepared to speak and while speaking, I got no sense to seal the deal so to speak..

Amen! I am witnessing to people all the time, but it is another thing to be a pastor, you are right. I pray on it and I feel God want me to spread the word, but not really be a pastor. I was thinking to start making videos on Youtube, to bring people back to the Bible, crush some stereotypes that young people have about the Bible, and why they are so distant and brainwashed by spirit of the world in 2017. We will see where God brings me. I went a few times on street, printed out flyers and shared the word, and I have to say I got still some good reactions, people really got intrested. I hope they were not just acting it, I pray to God for Him to lead them further, all I did was plant a seed. :)

However, back to the topic.

Proverbs 17:10 talks to me as in if you accept the truth of God and follow His instructions and just trust in Him, His chastening, you let yourself "go with the flow" of the Holy Spirit, you will learn from it. That is beeing wise. If you are a fool, however, trust in yourself and the world, you can get beaten with the truth and you won't get it.
Thoughts?

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟314,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen! I am witnessing to people all the time, but it is another thing to be a pastor, you are right. I pray on it and I feel God want me to spread the word, but not really be a pastor. I was thinking to start making videos on Youtube, to bring people back to the Bible, crush some stereotypes that young people have about the Bible, and why they are so distant and brainwashed by spirit of the world in 2017. We will see where God brings me. I went a few times on street, printed out flyers and shared the word, and I have to say I got still some good reactions, people really got intrested. I hope they were not just acting it, I pray to God for Him to lead them further, all I did was plant a seed. :)

However, back to the topic.

Proverbs 17:10 talks to me as in if you accept the truth of God and follow His instructions and just trust in Him, His chastening, you let yourself "go with the flow" of the Holy Spirit, you will learn from it. That is beeing wise. If you are a fool, however, trust in yourself and the world, you can get beaten with the truth and you won't get it.
Thoughts?
The worldly ears are closed to the spiritual truths of God /Jesus, you can't beat it into them. The wise, in the biblical sense, have already had their ears opened and thus will accept spiritual teaching. There are plenty of worldly truths the non believer can hear and accept but the spiritual truths of Jesus Christ will sound like nonsense. They need their hearts opened, spiritual ears and spiritual eyes opened first..

Keep praying on your schooling and pastoral ideas till you know one way or the other. But then again there are those who have to take a step and then Jesus meets them in it !!

Last edited:
Upvote 0