✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Greetings!

I would really like to have some Bible study with people reading the KJV Bible. Share some research, learn new stuff and talk about current events taking place in the world and being a Christian in 2017.

If anyone is interested, leave a message.

May God bless you all in the name of Jesus Christ!

• Useful
Reactions: brinny

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

I would really like to have some Bible study with people reading the KJV Bible. Share some research, learn new stuff and talk about current events taking place in the world and being a Christian in 2017.

If anyone is interested, leave a message.

May God bless you all in the name of Jesus Christ!
Hi; I love 1 Thess. 4. Good to keep the Lord's coming in clear view, rather than get bogged down in the minutiae of future events. :)

Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Bible believer, follower of Jesus Christ
Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi; I love 1 Thess. 4. Good to keep the Lord's coming in clear view, rather than get bogged down in the minutiae of future events. :)

Amen, brother! I cannot wait for our Lord Jesus to return, I will cry my heart out when I hear those trumpets! Amen and amen! Do you think that Paul believed Jesus will return in his lifetime? When he said : 1Th 4:17 : "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen, brother! I cannot wait for our Lord Jesus to return, I will cry my heart out when I hear those trumpets! Amen and amen! Do you think that Paul believed Jesus will return in his lifetime? When he said : 1Th 4:17 : "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
Well, I don't know; but the truth of it remains!

In Acts Paul seemed very interested in what might happen in the temple after he brought an offering; it seems that these events might have been linked in his mind with what will happen after the church has gone, rather than being directly linked with the church.

Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm interested in a KJV Bible study.

Where do you want to start?

It doesn't matter, whole scripture is to be studied so we have a lot work to do, haha! So start something off let Holy Spirit guide us through it!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

James1971

Oct 8, 2017
Bath
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a question, Omniscience ( all knowing) and the free will of humanity are incompatible and any concept of God that incorporates both properties is therefore inherently contradictory: if God is omniscient, then God already knows humanity's future, contradicting the claim of free will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a question, Omniscience ( all knowing) and the free will of humanity are incompatible and any concept of God that incorporates both properties is therefore inherently contradictory: if God is omniscient, then God already knows humanity's future, contradicting the claim of free will.

Hello James, it is written that God arranged to send His only begotten Son as Savior since before the foundation of the world.

It is true what is written, that His thoughts are not as ours.

He is infinite. We are finite.

It's a good study, though.

Welcome to CF :wave:

Upvote 0

LivingRightInWrongWorld

Sep 18, 2017
Europe
✟16,738.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

God is all knowing, we are not, James. That is why in 1 Timothy 3:16 we read : "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Some things we as simple humans will never understand and it is not meant for us to understand everything. We are limited to reality of this world and it is hard to comprehend such a mistery as the mistery of all knowing God.

Do I understand it 100%? No. Do I believe it? Yes.

Even Jesus said in John 3:12 : "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

God bless you James, in Jesus name, welcome to the forum!

Upvote 0

James1971

Oct 8, 2017
Bath
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello James, it is written that God arranged to send His only begotten Son as Savior since before the foundation of the world.

It is true what is written, that His thoughts are not as ours.

He is infinite. We are finite.

It's a good study, though.

Welcome to CF :wave:

My thoughts are not your thoughts either, the question remains un answered.
God is all knowing, we are not, James. That is why in 1 Timothy 3:16 we read : "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Some things we as simple humans will never understand and it is not meant for us to understand everything. We are limited to reality of this world and it is hard to comprehend such a mistery as the mistery of all knowing God.

Do I understand it 100%? No. Do I believe it? Yes.

Even Jesus said in John 3:12 : "If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?"

God bless you James, in Jesus name, welcome to the forum!

Why should God be shrouded in mystery....arent we to know him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My thoughts are not your thoughts either, the question remains un answered.

Why should God be shrouded in mystery....arent we to know him?

I was speaking of God's thoughts vs ours, as it is written:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." ~Isaiah 55:8-9

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If thats the case then God knew Adam and Eve would take of the tree...why then would He put it there and then hold them responsible?

They were responsible for obeying what God commanded them not to do.

Yes, God knew. That is why He provided a Savior, and that is because of his mercy and grace.

Upvote 0

James1971

Oct 8, 2017
Bath
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does one believe in something they dont understand.... He knew they would be disobedient so it makes absolutely no sense...so were to believe something that doesnt make sense? I mean God wouldnt even need to go through all that...just dont put the tree there...much like you would do with a child you knew was going to touch the knife on the counter, dont put it there, gotta have some rational logic here. He does say to prove all things, right?

Upvote 0

James1971

Oct 8, 2017
Bath
✟7,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was speaking of God's thoughts vs ours, as it is written:

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." ~Isaiah 55:8-9

As it is written...how do you even know what is written is even true, have you proven it to youself, thought for yourself, reasoned for yourself?

Upvote 0