Honeycomb

Mar 25, 2002
Santa Barbara Ca
Visit site
✟284.00
Faith
Protestant
Mark 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

This verse is traditionally interpreted as nations rising against one another in War, even as the culmination of World Wars, like a World War III.

However, students of God's Word know that the battle is spiritual, a fight for the souls of men, :bow: :confused:

not a physical battle of blood and guts. :eek:

That is why we are instructed to put on the Gospel Armor in Ephesians chapter 6 and be prepared to stand against the "fiery darts" of Satan and his locust army!

So what does this verse mean, "nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom?"

It's really simple and made clear in the Greek from which it is translated.

First, the word translated "against" is the Greek word "epi" which means "upon" or "up against", as "along side of".

There is NO WAY it means in "opposition :mad: to".

Next, the word "rise" in Greek is "egeiro" which means to "rouse" and "stand up", i.e. to "rear up".

But the key to really understanding what this "rising" is comes from its base word "agora".

agora, ag-or-ah', Greek 58; from ageiro (to gather; probably akin to Greek 1453 (egeiro)); properly the town-square (as a place of public resort); by implication a market or thoroughfare :- market (-place), street.

This word "agora" is translated either "market" or "marketplace(s)" in every instance in the New Testament except one where it is translated "street", as in market street.

So let's complete all the words and see what "nations" and "kingdoms" mean.

nations = ethnos, eth'-nos, Greek 1484; probably from Greek 1486 (etho); a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually by implication pagan) :- Gentile, heathen, nation, people.
___

kingdom = basileia, bas-il-i'-ah, Greek 932; from Greek 935 (basileus); properly royalty, i.e. (abstract) rule, or (concrete) a realm (literal or figurative) :- kingdom, + reign.

"Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom" simply means that the gentile nations, the non-ruling nations which basically comprise what we call the "Third World Countries", shall rise together in the marketplace, and the ruling nations, the "royal kingdoms" including true Israel, i.e. the Christian nations and the rest of the Free World shall also "rise up together" in the marketplace.

What is Jesus talking about? Globalization, One Worldism.

This IS the rising of the one world political beast of Revelation 13!

It is happening right before our very eyes, if you can see it.

Have you ever heard of the World Trade Organization (WTO) or the IMF or the World Bank.

The kingdoms of Europe have already risen together economically in the marketplace with the implementation of the Eurodollar and the Americas, including Canada and Mexico, are swiftly being brought under "Dollarization".

Worldwide e-commerce has arrived.

Doesn't God's word get more fun and interesting when we break words back further?

Have a great day :wave:
Peace & God bless

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello Honeycomb,
I think you are right. It is happening now, right before our very eyes. But I see something different. And you can really tell when you take a closer look at this war on terrorism.

Nation against Nation and Kingdom against Kingdom.
I see not only the nations starting to rage against each other, but also the Kingdoms or ethnic groups or races are starting to fight against each other. So I see the nations fighting, the races fighting and the religions fighting against each other. It's all here now, right before our very eyes!!!

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Honeycomb
Mark 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

So what does this verse mean, "nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom?"

What is Jesus talking about? Globalization, One Worldism.

Honeycomb, The word "nation" here is the Greek word ethnos, which means, a race....
Jesus was speaking to the disciples, this had to have relevance to them! Did they see nation rising against nation? Yes! Josephus (Jewish historian) says, "At Caesarea in AD 59 the Jews and Syrians contended about the right to the city, and twenty thousand Jews were slain." At Scythopolis, over 13,000 Jews were killed. Thousands were killed in other places, and at Alexandria 50,000 were killed. At Damascus, 10,000 were killed in an hour's time. Jesus is speaking about the conflicts between Gentiles and Jews, which began to take place shortly after this time, and continued to the beginning of the great Jewish war. For some time previously, Gentiles and Jews had been living for the most part, in peace together, but this period was distinguished by wars.

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Hi Brian; you question made me think of Judas and why he turned against Jesus, and he was his own disciple. The bible seems to tells us that history will repeat itself, and that things must happen (again) before Jesus can return to us. Maybe the Judas (or described antichrist) is part of that.
Jesus said (suprisingly to his disciples) that he had come to take peace from the earth and to cause division; daughter against the mother and the son against the father. Kingdom against kingdom/ nation against nation. Currently, we are in the defense of Jerusalem, and the suicide bombings that are happening there. It is wrong, terribly so. And we may begin to see that happening here, sadly to say.
Do you see a shift in power; the pope is declining in health, as well as the Roman Catholic church.
Our President, has another six years to run, providing he gets elected again. And who knows what kind of leader we will have in the new "terrorist" age, in the next decade or so. And what groups are formed, at that time. (provided we are still here, thanks be to God).
I hesitate to say this, because I don't want to sound like I am predicting anything, but I have always seen the USA as being the Babylon described in Johns Revelation.
We are all in Gods hands.

Wildfire

Upvote 0

franklin

Sexed up atheism = Pantheism
May 21, 2002
Bible belt
Visit site
✟9,942.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Wildfire
well it sounds like a clash of countries to me; isn't that whats happening now all over Asia?
God tells us that in the end, he will bring all of the countries together against Jerusalem, including the good old USA. scary, but thats his plan. Theres no other way to see it,
Wildfire

Wildfire, If you posted this in the spirituality forum I might be able to reply to this... so when you have the time come on over to our side and I'll comment on this!
In case your wondering what I'm referring to.... it has to do the views of the 'P' group :wave:

Cheers

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.