King of Babylon and the Prince of Tyre

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In Isaiah 14 & Ezekiel 28, there are prophecies that seem to be referring to the King of Babylon and the Prince of Tyre. At the time of Isaiah the prophet, King Nebuchadnezzar would have been the obvious one spoken of in Isaiah 14. Ezekiel 28 speaks of a Prince of Tyre. Yet, these personalities were said to be “In the garden of Eden.”

Both of these accounts seem to be alluding to the idea that Satan, aka Lucifer, the fallen angel is the one being spoken of. Even though the earthly hosts whom he operated through was the literally King of Babylon as well as the literal Prince of Tyre.

Is 14:12 How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer [Heylel, brightness], son of the morning! how are you cut down to the ground, which did weaken the nations! 13 For you have said in your heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of Elohiym: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

I know, these two prophecies in Isaiah and Ezekiel seem to be describing an earthly king, yet, we know from reading Daniel 10:13-20 that for every “literal prince” there is a ruling demon prince (a principality) or a fallen angel. We know that neither the King of Babylon, nor the Prince of Tyre have ever been to heaven, much less were they cast out of heaven.

There is a very close similarity to Isaiah 14 & Ezekiel 28 which shows us that these prophecies are about Satan himself, as well as the earthly vessels who were being used to carry out his evil plans.

Ezekiel 28: 7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon you, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom, and they shall defile your BRIGHTNESS. ...12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus says YHWH Elohiym; You seal up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 You have been in Eden the garden of Elohiym; every precious stone was your covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of your tabrets and of your pipes was prepared in you in the day that you were created. 14 You are the anointed cherub that covers; and I have set you so: you were upon the holy mountain of Elohiym you have walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, till iniquity was found in you. 16 By the multitude of your merchandise they have filled the midst of you with violence, and you have sinned: therefore I will cast you as profane out of the mountain of Elohiym: and I will destroy you, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty, you have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your BRIGHTNESS: I will cast you to the ground, I will lay you before kings, that they may behold you.