United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
A KING JAMES VERSION SERMON:

- Hebrews 4:12
- Psalm 12:6-7

Notice the word "preserve", meaning God's word is already present in our times.

- Galatians 1:6-7 (of 1:1-12)

Notice "of Christ", meaning sadly there are trying Christians attracted by the overwhelming affection of Christ, only to be misled by a Gospel that is not "of Christ"

- 2 Corinthians 11:3-4

Scriptural changes differing in meaning broadly spread through the many so called, "modern English Bible Translations" published since the King James Version Bible (KJV) or its birth in 1611 as the Authorized Version (AV).

Here is our History:

The King James Version Bible: Translated from the Textus Receptus and finished in 1611; Through God's will a breakthrough for the Protestant Reformation, for Christian believers with beliefs protestant to the Roman Catholic Church.

The MOST respected Bible, standing out as a strong spiritual asset.
The one and only true word of God (in the English Language).
The Holy Bible.

- Proverbs 30:5-6

Pre 1611 (Old Testament):
Was known to be in the Hebrew Language.

Pre 1611 (New Testament):
Before year 1611, The New Testament was present on earth in the Greek language; in texts known as the Textus Receptus, Yet, not yet translated into the English Language.

Pre 1611 English Bible translations (To solve confusion):
These books were not known to be as spiritually profitable, but are very evident that the puritan reformer group in their day were not happy with Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church, desperate and determined for liberty in faith.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The King James Bible is a translation as well, with it's own inconsistencies. Period, that's how it is. I know there are King James snobs but let's face it, Jesus didn't walk around speaking Shakespearean English, again period. In fact the flare of that kind of english just adds to the already confusing possibilities of converting Greek and Hebrew to english.

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
King James Onlyism is like its own religion, sometimes.
Before the KJV there was a fine translation, the Geneva Bible (and not the only English translation, by any means). Some modern translations surpass the KJV, some do not. It is a strange claim to think that Biblical scholarship in translation has not improved since 1611.... in fact, most KJVs aren't even the original 1611 translation, anyway.

King James Bible

This debate presents both sides of the issue

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Andy centek
Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2018
✟11,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
King James Onlyism is like its own religion, sometimes.
Before the KJV there was a fine translation, the Geneva Bible (and not the only English translation, by any means). Some modern translations surpass the KJV, some do not. It is a strange claim to think that Biblical scholarship in translation has not improved since 1611.... in fact, most KJVs aren't even the original 1611 translation, anyway.

King James Bible

This debate presents both sides of the issue

1st of all, the Geneva Bible was the least reliable pre 1611s from what Iv heard. I personally would not chose to exalt it.

2nd, and read Galatians 1:1-12 & Proverbs 30:5-6. I don't think you have a clue what your talking about when it comes to English language Bibles inside the current Christian culture. Read the sermon... Don't just give an opinion on something you didn't read.

3rd, if you think a modern English so called, "translation" has surpassed the KJV. Please state the version and reasoning; Because I think you are being mislead and talking without honest judgement. Something that is not at all profitable in what I do.

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1st of all, the Geneva Bible was the least reliable pre 1611s from what Iv heard. I personally would not chose to exalt it.

2nd, and read Galatians 1:1-12 & Proverbs 30:5-6. I don't think you have a clue what your talking about when it comes to English language Bibles inside the current Christian culture. Read the sermon... Don't just give an opinion on something you didn't read.

3rd, if you think a modern English so called, "translation" has surpassed the KJV. Please state the version and reasoning; Because I think you are being mislead and talking without honest judgement. Something that is not at all profitable in what I do.

I own a replica 1560 & a 1599 Geneva Bible reprint.... I am not going on what "I heard" like you.

Also, your opinions that I am mislead or whatever are just another form of Ad hominem, which seems to be big around here. I read the KJV Bible, but I don't deify it or raise it to the ultimate translation.... I just see its strengths and limitations. I have given this controversy many, many hours of my time, so I have been honest. Did you even watch the video I posted? I owe nothing to anyone on this forum, so if you make demands of me, you are barking up the wrong tree. I have more knowledge of the KJVO controversy than you think I do.

peace, out!

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.