Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which one of you straight ticket Republican Trump supporters around here want to defend this: Cooper: Trump yucks it up while thousands suffer - CNN Video

Just out of curiosity...what would you have liked to see the president doing? It's a storm...

Did you want him out there punching wind? Throwing paper towels? Handing out wads of cash to the bodies floating by?

What I'm asking is....what's the response you wanted?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm definitely not a "straight ticket Republican voter", but I will say that my view of Kanye has changed. He used to annoy me because he seemed like a glutton for attention - which he is, but it's pretty obvious that he has some serious mental health issues that are not being addressed.

I pity him at this point more than I feel annoyed at this point, but I'm still not particularly inclined to support him by checking out his music.
Ringo

When he was interrupting people during awards ceremonies...it was obvious he had mental problems. When he went on Ellen, it was obvious that he had mental health problems.

The left didn't care about it then though....methinks you're only comfortable saying it now that he's for the right.

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When he was interrupting people during awards ceremonies...it was obvious he had mental problems. When he went on Ellen, it was obvious that he had mental health problems.

The left didn't care about it then though....methinks you're only comfortable saying it now that he's for the right.
Saying what, that he's crazy? People have been saying that about Yeezy for years now. It was funny back when he was on awards and daytime talk shows. Sitting in the Oval Office across from the President is a bit different from that. Having a President that indulges his insanity for his own gain is a bit different still. Seeing the president's supporters treat this behavior as normal is actually quite worrying.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I never thought he'd get anywhere with North Korea, yet here we are. I honestly hope that he does do something about prison reform because A) we need it and B) watching democrats suddenly turn against it will be something to watch.
I haven't noticed much progress with NK but I'll admit I haven't been following it too closely. I'll let you know how I feel about his attempts at prison reform when there's something more than just a pr stunt in the Oval Office.

Also, can you even imagine if Obama invited someone like Kanye to the white house?
Yeah. Can you imagine the right's reaction to that? Because I can very easily imagine just about every word they'd have to say about it.

Or worse, if he invited a crack dealer charged with attempted murder to the White House? That would just be the worst thing ever, I'm so glad that he didn't do something like that.

View attachment 243216

Oh...
Do go on... Tell me how Jay-Z and Beyonce embarrassed themselves and their country while visiting the White House. Tell me about their visible mental instability on display in the Oval Office. And please, tell me about the right's general reaction to all this. I'd love to know more about this comparison you're trying to draw.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Saying what, that he's crazy? People have been saying that about Yeezy for years now. It was funny back when he was on awards and daytime talk shows.

No...it wasn't funny. You were having a laugh at mental illness before...but it wasn't funny. Not for him, not for the people who love him, not for anyone else struggling with mental illness.

What changed? What made it less "funny"?

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which one of you straight ticket Republican Trump supporters around here want to defend this: Cooper: Trump yucks it up while thousands suffer - CNN Video

Anderson Cooper is all about image and style. Trump plays the job like an CEO, which people have voted for. A CEO handles scores of issues every day. Anderson even explains that Trump likes to have his ego stroked. His supporters know that. 4 people die every hour in auto accidents. About 12000 more are injured or disabled every hour. During Anderson Coopers show about 8 people die. Does he shed a tear over that? So far, 4 have died in the hurricane. The same number die each hour in auto crashes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No...it wasn't funny. You were having a laugh at mental illness before...but it wasn't funny. Not for him, not for the people who love him, not for anyone else struggling with mental illness.

Did you not read my post? He is sitting across from the President of the United States acting like a complete... mule.

Do you agree he suffers from some mental health problem? I mean Kanye, not the President. Do you agree a person with mental illness probably shouldn't be exploited by the President of the United States to try and curry favor with the black community?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Respect his love for the US, and for its people. He wants ALL to do well.

I'm sorry, but this claim is laughable. Some of us actually pay attention to his Tweets, speeches and the way he talks to people.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. Can you imagine the right's reaction to that? Because I can very easily imagine just about every word they'd have to say about it.
I can certainly imagine one word that would have been used.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Then the Republican's should do more to help mental illness. All I've see Trump do , is lower taxes. And now the mental ill programs and other programs receive less money.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have to watch what you say. When you tell the Truth about Trump. Or Trumps buddies. People on this forum will defend every little thing Trump does. And your very truthful post will vanish, if it's not pro Trump. All I can say Trump and Kanye had a great meeting of the mind. Since they're so much a like. And nothing else seems to matter to Trump fans.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you agree he suffers from some mental health problem? Do you agree a person with mental illness probably shouldn't be exploited by the President of the United States to try and curry favor with the black community?

I am dying with laughter right now..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW????? :D gets real good around 4:20

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am dying with laughter right now..... ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW????? :D gets real good around 4:20

A YouTuber with some silly videos on her channel interviewing the President is the same as Kanye rambling incoherently in the Oval Office? I'm not sure if you're for or against this but thanks for sharing it anyways.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A YouTuber with some silly videos on her channel interviewing the President is the same as Kanye rambling incoherently in the Oval Office? I'm not sure if you're for or against this but thanks for sharing it anyways.

I was responding to this: Do you agree a person with mental illness probably shouldn't be exploited by the President of the United States to try and curry favor with the black community?

No, but a women swimming in milk while eating fruit loops that float by, and drinking the milk all her nasty parts is touching is a bit crazy. Just saying, mental illness is a thing. I dont think Kanye is the best candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was responding to this: Do you agree a person with mental illness probably shouldn't be exploited by the President of the United States to try and curry favor with the black community?
I don't see where she was being exploited by the President and I seriously doubt Obama needed any help with the black vote.

No, but a women swimming in milk while eating fruit loops that float by, and drinking the milk all her nasty parts is touching is a bit crazy. Just saying, mental illness is a thing. I dont think Kanye is the best candidate.
I also don't see that as a necessary sign of mental illness considering everything else that gets posted to YouTube for likes and ad revenue but I see your point. I'm glad we can agree Kanye and this YouTuber lady probably aren't the best people to hold up to the country.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't see where she was being exploited by the President and I seriously doubt Obama needed any help with the black vote.

I also don't see that as a necessary sign of mental illness considering everything else that gets posted to YouTube for likes and ad revenue but I see your point. I'm glad we can agree Kanye and this YouTuber lady probably aren't the best people to hold up to the country.

Thank you. Maybe all presidents use celebrities to bolster their own fan-base? Kanyae West gave his opinion. Which is nigh on a capitol offense these days. I give him credit for that. If he can do something in the black community that helps the-situation in Chicago, I will be thankful for that as well. Like it or not, this man sat in front of the President and blasted him about one of the most divisive and racist tactics cops use, stop and frisk. Kaepernick has not even had that conversation with the president. In all honesty who is bringing more attention to the plight of blacks? A man that sits in front of the President, or one who a vast majority of people believe to be unpatriotic?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All I saw were some cuts from the Jimmy Kimmel Show--ROFL.

My feeling is that one Colin Kapernick is worth more than a whole dozen Kanye Wests.

And Kanye is trying to get Kapernic to talk to Trump. Regardless how you think of the guy he is trying.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Did you not read my post? He is sitting across from the President of the United States acting like a complete... mule.

And? How is that different from him sitting across from Ellen doing the same? You know, other than the fact that probably more people saw him on Ellen

Do you agree he suffers from some mental health problem? I mean Kanye, not the President. Do you agree a person with mental illness probably shouldn't be exploited by the President of the United States to try and curry favor with the black community?

How about you change that to "a person with a mental illness shouldn't be exploited"? Can you agree that maybe he shouldn't be on any tv shows, award shows, anything until he gets some help? You think maybe we can talk about why this only became a concern for the left now....when in the past they were content to indulge, even congratulate him? Maybe we can talk about the awful state of mental health care and how to fix it?

Upvote 0