planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would try to progress my life with work... for scripture speaks of work and labouring to provide for his household if one doesn’t they are worse then an infidel... or anyone who does not work neither should he eat..

I tried going to school and lasted for a couple months until I’ve been swept away by the enemy into tribulation in such distress I could not be able to withstand it and while going to school in suffering and I would be delivered and I would get a job so I would start working then I am attacked and tormented at work so I took a leave of absence because I profess Christ and that just doesn’t potray a good image of a child of God and then through the tribulation distress and torment I am delivered again thanks to the Lord who is good but I would go to work again having faith that it would not happen again and then again I am distressed and would seem to come into torment that I could not work...took another leave of absence so I did not lose my job I still have it...but I don’t know what to do because the Lord commands us to work but when I go to work I would be good for a few months until the enemy would seem to have his way and torment and distress me at work that it’s hard to work where I don’t know what to do but to retreat because of the oppressive power..

so I don’t want to try again because I don’t think I can keep doing this I believe I would actually lose my job.. I want to work but I am stopped.. even though I think I may be obeying the Lord..

I don’t know what to do im at a loss...I do have a doctor I see and that covers me relating to my work...but scripture tells us to work and if I’m not doing what the Word says I feel I am drawing back and not progressing in life I keep coming back to this place of failure it seems.. I’m not sure what Gods heart is towards me in this..I’m sure he sees this but awaiting the day when I would be at liberty...

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Describe your tribulation and distress

suffering at the enemy’s hand..delivered to the ungodly and wicked...
Iniquity cast upon me...and the times I would be in tribulation I would be in the enemy’s hands and would go through such torment suffering and adversity...with fears around me and at times I would feel cursed..but the Lord has been faithful to deliver.. it’s just I’m not sure what to do.. but seek the Lord..

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I would try to progress my life with work... for scripture speaks of work and labouring to provide for his household if one doesn’t they are worse then an infidel... or anyone who does not work neither should he eat..

I tried going to school and lasted for a couple months until I’ve been swept away by the enemy into tribulation in such distress I could not be able to withstand it and while going to school in suffering and I would be delivered and I would get a job so I would start working then I am attacked and tormented at work so I took a leave of absence because I profess Christ and that just doesn’t potray a good image of a child of God and then through the tribulation distress and torment I am delivered again thanks to the Lord who is good but I would go to work again having faith that it would not happen again and then again I am distressed and would seem to come into torment that I could not work...took another leave of absence so I did not lose my job I still have it...but I don’t know what to do because the Lord commands us to work but when I go to work I would be good for a few months until the enemy would seem to have his way and torment and distress me at work that it’s hard to work where I don’t know what to do but to retreat because of the oppressive power..

so I don’t want to try again because I don’t think I can keep doing this I believe I would actually lose my job.. I want to work but I am stopped.. even though I think I may be obeying the Lord..

I don’t know what to do im at a loss...I do have a doctor I see and that covers me relating to my work...but scripture tells us to work and if I’m not doing what the Word says I feel I am drawing back and not progressing in life I keep coming back to this place of failure it seems.. I’m not sure what Gods heart is towards me in this..I’m sure he sees this but awaiting the day when I would be at liberty...
Your problem is you. If you are in Christ, you are a new creation. "You" have been "crossed" out. Do you think that Lord Jesus can't cope with your situation? Quit trying to deal with the situation yourself. Let Jesus lead you through it. Give Him all the care of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Chris R.L.
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

That is only referring to people who are mentally and physically capable of working. People don't all have the same abilities.

Some people should have Social Security Disability. You need a lawyer to get approved. It is not a sin to be diagnosed with a disability!

That scripture applies to those who aren't overwhelmed with stress! No one on earth should criticize someone who can't work!

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satan drives but God guides. Just cast your concerns upon the Lord and He will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:6 (KJV) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
or anyone who does not work neither should he eat..
That verse says "WILL not work." Big difference! There are plenty of valid reasons why somebody does not work, but none for why they are unwilling to work.
...for scripture speaks of work and labouring to provide for his household if one doesn’t they are worse then an infidel...
That verse speaks to how we apportion our resources, not to where they came from.

Working for an income to take care of one's family is the ideal, but if you cannot earn enough to do so, and you have additional access to legitimate resources, that you refuse to use, you are still "worse than an infidel."

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God does not expect disabled people to work, end of story...

And in fact, He both expects and charges others to take care of them, etc, end of story, etc...

Anyway,

Anyway, you have to decide, and I hope it's not too much of a blow to your pride, hey that "rhymed"...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That verse says "WILL not work." Big difference! There are plenty of valid reasons why somebody does not work, but none for why they are unwilling to work.

100% right, etc...

Not those who are "not able to work", etc, but those who "will not work" and not because they are not "able to", etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Iniquity cast upon me...and the times I would be in tribulation I would be in the enemy’s hands and would go through such torment suffering and adversity...with fears around me and at times I would feel cursed..but the Lord has been faithful to deliver.. it’s just I’m not sure what to do.. but seek the Lord..
You have to decide, and I hope it's not too much of a blow to your pride, hey that "rhymed"...?

It could be part of God's plan and God's will for you to be disabled and not work anymore, etc...

Anyway, you have to decide, and I hope it's not too much of a blow to your pride, hey that "rhymed"...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That verse speaks to how we apportion our resources, not to where they came from.

Working for an income to take care of one's family is the ideal, but if you cannot earn enough to do so, and you have additional access to legitimate resources, that you refuse to use, you are still "worse than an infidel."

well I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective.. but I believe I am unable to work in a stable fashion I don’t think I’m reliable due to what is against me.. I do have the option to go on disability but I feel condemned if I do because I am willing to work and cause scripture speaks about working... and I think that if I’m not working then I’m out of Gods will....

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And is there "anything else" you go through or are going through...? something, or "some things" that might not, or could not possibly be just man or solely caused only by man only, etc...?

What does your mind do, or what happens and/or goes on in your mind, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do have the option to go on disability but I feel condemned if I do because I am willing to work and cause scripture speaks about working... and I think that if I’m not working then I’m out of Gods will...
You feel condemned due to a misreading of Scripture.

I am on disability and I deliver free newspapers and am a caregiver to my ward/daughter. (So I still work.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is only referring to people who are mentally and physically capable of working. People don't all have the same abilities.

Some people should have Social Security Disability. You need a lawyer to get approved. It is not a sin to be diagnosed with a disability!

That scripture applies to those who aren't overwhelmed with stress! No one on earth should criticize someone who can't work!

I don’t mean to criticize anyone that’s unable to work I mean I know I understand in those situations...I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective.. and i have the option to go on disability because I’m not sure if I am able to work
I have tried in the past but it just seems the enemy prevents me.. a part of me wants to go on disability but I would feel condemned because I am willing to work but I am unable to perform that...

Upvote 0

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You feel condemned due to a misreading of Scripture.

I am on disability and I deliver free newspapers and am a caregiver to my ward/daughter. (So I still work.)

So it’s ok for me if I go on disability cause I believe my illness is a disability..I haven’t really talked to anyone about this cause I heard a Christian speak about christians going on disability when he said that we are to work.. so I kind of felt condemned also because of that too..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and i have the option to go on disability because I’m not sure if I am able to work
I am able to work. I just have a social disability that interferes with getting & keeping work. The mechanics of the jobs, themselves, have never been a problem for me. (I have even won a patent for a previous employer!)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
well I have a diagnosis of schizoaffective.. but I believe I am unable to work in a stable fashion I don’t think I’m reliable due to what is against me.. I do have the option to go on disability but I feel condemned if I do because I am willing to work and cause scripture speaks about working... and I think that if I’m not working then I’m out of Gods will....
I understand you there, I would, and still do every once in while, go through the same, etc...

It is most certainly a heavy blow to one's own pride, etc, especially for one who would really like to work, or would if they thought they could, etc... but again, you have to decide, etc...

I hate the "shame" stigma attached to it and involved in it still sometimes down to this very day, and it still does get to me sometimes, etc, I've been told not to feel that way about it, or let others make me feel that way about it, etc, but still can't help it sometimes still, etc...

It's a "wish I could but know I can't" torment kind of "thing", etc...

I really do want to be like all those "normal" people out there, or be like I "used to be" before all of "this" started, etc, but know I can't also, etc...

Anyway, you have to decide, and it's no "picnic" either, as it's very hard to live off just the sole income of disability, it not being very much a lot of the time, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it’s ok for me if I go on disability cause I believe my illness is a disability..
If Canada is like the USA, find a disability attorney. Ours only charge (if they win) a negligible portion of the proceeds. Let God decide if He will bless that course of action, or not.

If you DO get on disability (by USA standards), you can
  • work on making yourself more employable in the future,
  • work at lesser jobs that wouldn't pay enough otherwise, or
  • volunteer for causes that appeal to you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am able to work. I just have a social disability that interferes with getting & keeping work. The mechanics of the jobs, themselves, have never been a problem for me. (I have even won a patent for a previous employer!)
But that would mean your not able to work right...?

I mean how bad are your social problems and difficulties, etc...?

Cause mine are really, really bad, etc, and I mean really bad, etc...

Not just people, but "everything" basically, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand you there, I would, and still do every once in while, go through the same, etc...

It is most certainly a heavy blow to one's own pride, etc, especially for one who would really like to work, or would if they thought they could, etc... but again, you have to decide, etc...

I hate the "shame" stigma attached to it and involved in it still sometimes down to this very day, and it still does get to me sometimes, etc, I've been told not to feel that way about it, or let others make me feel that way about it, etc, but still can't help it sometimes still, etc...

It's a "wish I could but know I can't" torment kind of "thing", etc...

I really do want to be like all those "normal" people out there, or be like I "used to be" before all of "this" started, etc, but know I can't also, etc...

Anyway, you have to decide, and it's no "picnic" either, as it's very hard to live off just the sole income of disability, it not being very much a lot of the time, etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Yea I suppose your right.. but I know I can’t work in a stable fashion..
I am able to work for a few months at a time but then somehow the enemy slithers in and I would be tormented and have all these imaginations in my mind and then I am pretty much left disabled mentally and that I am unable to communicate or function properly but I have faith in God through it all though deliverance may tarry yet God is faithful to deliver me from the power of the enemy....

Yea I do say Ihave had a a lot of pride in me.. i did lose a lot of my pride through suffering but I still do would have pride... or I mean sin dwelling in me as we all do

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0