Kind Advice Only: What do you do when Christians will not discuss Scripture with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, I will not make the mistake again in asking for any Christian advice here any time soon. I just know I will get negative criticism (Even when I have stated that is against my expressed wishes).

Now Jason, THAT was an attack, by YOU, on everybody who tried to help you. You got a lot of good advice here, and much of it was friendly. Some of it wasn't.

What you wrote categorically dismissed all of it as negative criticism. That is not true. You just attacked everybody - even those who respected your wishes and didn't attack you. You dismissed it all as negative criticism.

I have a suggestion for you - a kind one. You are too emotionally brittle to be arguing on the Internet. You get hurt when people push back - and some people will always troll you - and then you attack EVERYBODY in return, because you are hurt. Your post I quoted is exhibit A. Given this, I would suggest that you not post on the Internet for awhile.

THIS post is not an attack. It's not an attack veiled as advice. You probably really do not see that you blanket attacked every person who answered you with what you said. You don't see it, but you did.
So stop posting. Pull back. Mature a bit. Then come back, if you still feel the need to.

Right now this isn't helping you, it's hurting you. So stop.

• Winner
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Again, to all:

This is not a debate thread or a thread on criticizing me. I have made it clear in my OP that I am only accepting kind Christian advice. So if you cannot offer kind Christian advice, then please refrain from posting to me. I will not respond directly to posts that are negative towards me. Debate or criticism is not the kind of advice I was seeking (of which I have already made clear several times already). I do not believe a Christian brother can correct without being loved personally first. Even Jesus says we are to speak privately on a matter with someone who is in error before we seek to correct with others openly.

So please. Please be kind and loving. It would be much appreciated.

May the Lord Jesus Christ and His love always be in you all.

With loving kindness to you in Christ,

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you were to know how I post, I do not think you would place me in the category of how to not adequately explain the truth on any given topic within the Scriptures. I have given exhaustive examples with Scripture whereby they should be able to see it. But I know we are in a spiritual battle and men do not see always what God's Word says. So I pray if they do not see it. That is how I would answer my own question. I pray for strength to love them more even amongst our disagreement.

No, I wasn't making a point at you or assumed you didn't know how to discuss scriptures. I was generalizing and personally included myself. It was the fact it's not common for people to have mutual growth learning and discussing scriptures personally.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.