"Kill the NRA" written across billboard

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Source: courier-journal

"A vandalized billboard on Interstate 65 in Louisville called out the National Rifle Association following the recent school shootings in Kentucky and Florida.

The sign on I-65 northbound near the Fern Valley Road exit read "Kill the NRA," and was tagged with "Resist 45," a group that opposed President Donald Trump.

Photos of the billboard, which is owned by Outfront Media, circulated widely on social media Monday. David Watkins, a spokesman for the company, said Tuesday that the vandalism on the Outfront property had been "immediately removed."

Last week's school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 dead has renewed outrage and debate over the nation's gun laws, with the NRA taking heat from those who want to see tighter regulations on firearms.

The NRA's official Facebook page shared the sign on Monday telling gun owners that it's "a wakeup call. They're coming after us.""
Look I am no fan of the NRA, but making the NRA some great demon that needs to be killed is not doing the victims any favors here.

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is what happens when you have the media hyping everything up and being hysterical about everything.

In fairness, the NRA isn't exactly the rational voice of calm here either.

"They're coming to get us!"

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟630,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You mean because so many people are buying guns for school shootings?
no, sales in general spike after each mass shooting, especially one involving children.

• Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question I have is if all guns were to be completely outlawed, what would people then propose in response to the next mass shooting that occurred after that became law?

Upvote 0

Snappy1

Feb 19, 2018
Arkansas
✟30,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The question I have is if all guns were to be completely outlawed, what would people then propose in response to the next mass shooting that occurred after that became law?
Has anyone on this site suggested outlawing all guns?

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

"Thoughts and prayers?"

• Winner
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Probably outlawing guns.

I mean, currently people will often propose outlawing automatic weaponry, despite the fact that private ownership of automatic weapons is effectively illegal already.

They don't care about how to fix things. They care about how to look like they are doing something and all that requires is suggesting something that looks like it might change things. Whether the change would actually help, or even whether it is currently implemented, is irrelevant.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,384,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have a question: Who said guns would be completely outlawed? The NRA?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,191,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone on this site suggested outlawing all guns?

Nope, but in order to keep their contributions rolling in, the NRA has to convince a sizable portion of the population that every person who's left of center wants some sort of mythical confiscation after every single one of these events.

You think they would've caught onto the fact that "nobody is coming to take your guns" after the first 30 or 40 times they've been directly lied to by the NRA.

The irony in all this, is that all of the crucial gun rights and big victories for the right to bear arms aren't even from the NRA, all of the major court cases (DC v. Heller, shooting down Illinois' CCW Ban, etc...) have all been won by people from the Second Amendment Foundation (a much smaller, but better organization than the NRA), yet NRA keeps claiming to be the sole protector of our gun rights.

In fact, in one case, the Second Amendment Foundation actually had the case wrapped up and the judge was ready to rule, and the NRA attorney filed a motion to be allowed to speak for a few minutes before the presented the ruling, and then turned around and told their members that "The NRA won" lol. Why anyone gives money to them anymore is beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟359,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
no, sales in general spike after each mass shooting, especially one involving children.
So school shootings are a PROVEN positive economic impact for the NRA and its affiliates.
Interesting

Upvote 0