Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion parents have the right to rant and vent as much as they need to.

Parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world. :swoon:

And what IS it about boys and bathrooms? Their bathrooms are the naaaaaastiest ever LOL!

God BLESS all the parents.
Not my boys. Not even the 5 year old. We train them until we like them. :)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I tried something similar to that, by explaining that I wasn't wanting advice, and I got a passive aggressive response from you. And you continue to try telling me what to do, by telling me how I should have responded. And how do I "move on" when the thread is still active and it's still being discussed? It would be rude and flakey of me if I "moved on" from a thread I started.
I guess I missed the “thank you” part.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why would I say "thank you" for unfair judgement and unwanted advice? Explaining my position was my attempt to be polite. To say "thank you" would have been dishonest and manipulative.

You're still subtly trying to tell me what to do, by pointing out I did not respond the way you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why would I say "thank you" for unfair judgement and unwanted advice? Explaining my position was my attempt to be polite.
There was no judgement. So I apologize if you thought there was. Sometimes internet communication does not translate in the best manner.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We laugh now. But it wasn’t always easy. It stinks being unpopular with your kids.

I agree.

You gotta admit, however, that you post about disciplining your kids till you "like" them was quite humorous.

And i agree that all parents run the risk of being unpopular with their kids. It's par for the course.

Being a parent is the hardest and most thankless job in the world.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Telling me that the consequences for my children were not severe enough, especially not knowing everything there is to know about it, is judgement. You are criticizing my parenting, without adequate details.

I get being frustrated when someone asks for advice and rejects it because you answered without them being open enough to give the information needed. But I was not asking for advice. I was just explaining an issue and getting it off my chest, hoping someone else would understand what it feels like or would need to feel free to express it themselves.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If you need to rant and not want opinions or stories from others to relate,

I don't mind discussing the topic in general, and welcome other people sharing their experiences. What I was not looking for was advice, or for my parenting practices to be critiqued. I thought it would generate a discussion where people could open up and express themselves. I never expected to be attacked as an incompetent disciplinarian.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I agree.

You gotta admit, however, that you post about disciplining your kids till you "like" them was quite humorous.

And i agree that all parents run the risk of being unpopular with their kids. It's par for the course.

Being a parent is the hardest and most thankless job in the world.
The humor was intended. However, it’s true. If they aren’t doing what you think is right, correct it with whatever means necessary. If I can’t enjoy my kids, why would someone else? I’ve had similar situations with my kids, boys and girls, and you just have to make it so that they hate the consequences more than they like the behavior.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The humor was intended. However, it’s true. If they aren’t doing what you think is right, correct it with whatever means necessary. If I can’t enjoy my kids, why would someone else? I’ve had similar situations with my kids, boys and girls, and you just have to make it so that they hate the consequences more than they like the behavior.

I agree, however, as a single parent, i've needed to rant and vent many many times as an outlet, simply because parenting is HARD, even for two parents. That's why i welcomed working on a Stress line for parents and why i counseled (in person) many stressed moms who were ready to pull their hair out.

And bathrooms, it's soooo true, especially when boys get older, that they leave their bathrooms in the condition of a toxic nuclear wasteland.

^_^

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I agree, however, as a single parent, i've needed to rant and vent many many times as an outlet, simply because parenting is HARD, even for two parents. That's why i welcomed working on a Stress line for parents and why i counseled (in person) many stressed moms who were ready to pull their hair out.

And bathrooms, it's soooo true, especially when boys get older, that they leave their bathrooms in the condition of a toxic nuclear wasteland.

^_^
Still, not true for my boys. Took work early on. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny, you're an angel.

and your socks make me smile.

Awww thanks.....i've been there.....venting has been/is my lifeline, many many times...

hahahaaa warm feets are happy feets
4chsmu1.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, after 19 years of being a mom to these guys, I'm pretty tired of being disgusted.

18 years is your legal maximum, for the kids. For your husband, you need to change.
You can't force him to. But your attitude in under your control.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are consequences, and I spent years making them go back and clean it up. Nothing ever changed.
They shouldnt be teens and still doing that though... Very odd to me. However I do understand how draining children can be...for that reason alone...how taxing kids can be emotionally,physically and financially...I choose not to have them. Because despite what many think, caring for children doesnt stop at 18...not if youre a good parent.. Its a life long obligation.

Upvote 0