Kevin Costner’s New Road Trip App Tells History Stories Tailored Exactly to the Places You Are...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,655,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...Driving Through

Many of us remember a time, before the internet, when the primary source of historical tidbits we garnered as kids came from stories told by our parents or school teachers. Now an iPhone app co-founded by Hollywood star Kevin Costner seeks to tailor that experience to road-tripping families.

Understanding that the family road trip is one of the quintessentially American vacations, HearHeredelivers short, interesting audio tidbits as you and your family drive across America’s vast expanses.

The narration team includes Costner, Hall of Fame Basketball Coach Phil Jackson, and others, who tell stories about points of interest, a region, native tribes, the local history of war, art, culinary tradition, and more. (See two examples in the video below.)

“I am in love with history. I am in love with Country. I am in love with all the edges, all the disappointments, all the progress—all worth knowing,” writes Costner, who explains that HearHere is the perfect compromise between himself, a lover of history, and his kids, who regularly moan in protest because Costner inevitably stops at every roadside brown historical marker during their annual road trips.

“We’re launching HearHere with stories for California, Oregon, and Washington. Soon, we’ll canvas the US with more than 10,000 stories for you to enjoy.”

Continued below.
Kevin Costner’s New Road Trip App Tells History Stories Tailored Exactly to the Places You Are Driving Through

Reactions: Hank77