• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Kerry Purple Heart Doc Speaks Out

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by jameseb, May 5, 2004.

1. jameseb

jameseb Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!

+2,168
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

LOL, considering what you use for resources, you should hardly talk. Oh my, how funny it is when the tables are turned. ;)

Put the source asside.... can you counter the doctor's testimony? Do you have a source for this, hmm?

2. Kit_kat40

Kit_kat40 Guest

+0
    I concede. Excellent post Davesz!:wave: :clap: :clap:

3. 94SupraTT

94SupraTT Member

+10
    Baptist

4. jameseb

+2,168
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Great post, 94SupraTT :clap:

5. foolsparade

foolsparade Well-Known Member

+24
    Atheist
    meanwhile Bush was rolling around in the countryside in Alabama

6. 94SupraTT

94SupraTT Member

+10
    Baptist
    This very well may be the case. However, both of them have their faults. Most people will only see the faults in the candidate that they don't like. Much like your post.

7. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+3,093
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    Well there are several pictures of Kerry and Fonda, and IIRC all of them were taken before Fonda went to North Vietnam. And I believe those were presented by the right, trying to show Kerry as anti-american.

I get the same feeling too. He got 3 purple hearts. You don't apply for them, you don't ask for them, they're just given to you. And from what I hear, they're handed out like they're free.

8. jameseb

+2,168
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

Agreed. I can dislike a candidate, but I wouldn't resort to using tacky comments.

9. 94SupraTT

94SupraTT Member

+10
    Baptist
    There are some pictures that are down right fakes that try to show Kerry and Fonda together. However, it is a fact that Kerry was with the "Vietnam Veterans against the War". Thats a whole 'nother can of worms. Kerry received Purple Hearts for normal things that happened to soldiers like bruises and minor scratches. Also his first Purple Heart was basically, bologna. I could not even get Workman's Comp. for his "wounds". My main gripe is that Kerry's camp is trying to herald him as some great hero. He knew if he got 3 hearts he was out. He got them and was gone in 4 months. My father was in 'Nam and suffered more serious injuries (nothing too horrible) and never got a Purple Heart, however he does not desire one. Everything I've seen appears to Kerry trying to use the "3 hearts you're out" to come back home quick. Thats not to say that Bush did not use the system also to avoid the war altogether. I think both have their shortcomings. Kerry has an overstated heroic image trying to be projected on him and Bush has an overstated cowardice image.

10. DaveSZ

DaveSZ Well-Known Member

+39
    Deist
    *edited on behalf of mods*

;)

11. kermit

kermit Legend

+777
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Let's list Kerry's medals. Silver Cross, Bronze Star, 3 Purple Hearts. One of those Purple Hearts is in question. BTW, the nature of the wound is not relevant in getting a Purple Heart, it's more the valor in which you received the wound. But I digress. The Silver Cross and Bronze Star are higher awards than a Purple Heart. There is no evidence to even claim that he didn't earn them. Nor is there evidence to support that the other 2 Purple Hearts were not earned. So even if Kerry didn't deserve one of his Purple Hearts we are still left with a man who was awarded the Silver Cross, Bronze Star and 2 Purple Hearts. Stills sounds like a war hero to me.

Get over it. This attempt at attacking his military service is just plain sad.

12. jameseb

+2,168
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

First, perhaps you should try getting "over it" yourself. :) Kerry started this kind of attack on George Bush's record so Kerry is fair game too.... I know his fans think that's 'oh so wrong,' but, sadly, that's life.

Yes, I'm quite curious to know more about his awards.... this is just the first story to break regarding one of his medals... surely you don't mean we should be sweeping the truth under a rug, do you? :scratch:

I do wonder if he's father, a U.S. Senator, had anything to do with his 'awards'..... things that make you go "hmmmmm..."

13. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+88
    Christian
    Married
    Less than four months "in country", A Purple Heart received when all but Kerry state there was no firefight engagement with the enemy when he received his "band-aid wound according to the doctor that treated him, betraying and lying in front of congress concerning the nature and scope of "alleged Vietnam Vet atrocities , throwing away medals an/or ribbons (Kerry isn't quite clear on which it was or whose medals they were). His appearance before congress in 1971, ushered in his political career.

War hero, you are not, Mr. Kerry.

"We have 19 of 23 officers who served with [Kerry]. We have every commanding officer he ever had in Vietnam. They all signed a letter that says he is unfit to be commander-in-chief," O'Neill said.

Remainder of article: http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=/SpecialReports/archive/200405/SPE20040503a.html

14. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

+137
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    I have severe doubt a person can get that a Silver Star and a Bronze Star after four months "in country". Of course I don't see what valor he brought up either.

15. Heh/ This is still the same John Kerry that used to think that the Viet Nam war should not be an issue. :p I guess things change. ;)

16. jameseb

+2,168
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others

Anyone hungry for some waffles? ;)

17. No, I'm not really feeling lucky. :p

18. kermit

kermit Legend

+777
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    There are two eyewitness accounts (not including Kerry's) of that firefight that supposedly never happened. Just because there's no record of it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Remember this is the same military that lost payroll records for 4 months to GWB.

19. Elyse

Elyse Newbie Doobie Doo

+10
    Christian
    Regardless of our political position, the man went to war for his (our) county. He's got my respect for that.

20. According to that same man, service in that war should not be a political issue. :cool: