Kent Hovind

elephanticity

This appears beneath your name.
Mar 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,527.00
Originally posted by BigJon
elephanticity what are you thinkin were talkin about how genesis shows how the world is created and your quoting psalms, which was written by david as praises unto the Lord in which you took what he said way out of context, so try again jr.
NO, i know what Genesis says. I (and lots of other people) just don't think it is the literal truth of the creation of the planet. I don't know if it was MEANT to be taken literally, if so it isn't matching up with growing piles of evidence.

Since you won't accept that evidence, as it doesn't fit with Creation as you hold it to be described in the Bible,
let's us discuss that Bible.

The context of the psalm is describing how God is everywhere, just like the sun shines everywhere, once it comes out of its house.
And there is no place one can hide from God, as there is no place free from the heat of the sunlight. To me, this shows that the authors of the bible had no access to areas outside of the desert they lived in. Anyone with divine or world encompassing knowledge would know about places where the sun doesn't shine for months at a time, or where the sunlight is bright, but not warm. It's a good analogy for a desert people, but rather poor for the rest of the planet God is supposed to have made.
If The Bible is taken as the literal truth, it means the world is flat, among other things.
Of course, you're free to believe what you want, but taking certain parts of the bible as truth and certain parts as parable or localized explanations seems a bit, oh, was it 'hypocritical' someone said?

Metaphors and similies are rather meaningless if they don't describe the world as we know it.

"You have the attention span of a lit firecracker" makes sense applied to someone that drifts after 3 seconds.

Saying God is just like sunlight begs the question of just what sunlight is like, or what they THINK sunlight is like....

Upvote 0
Someday, if you all keep trying, perhaps you will have faith. Evolution is only a theory and as with creation, cannot be proven scientifically. Theories in science must be observed for them to become fact. Therefore, both creationism and evolution are theories. Evidence leans more and more toward creationism. Watch yourselves closely and be aware of the doubt in your hearts of the written word of God. To doubt God`s word is to call God a liar, and I don`t believe he will like that very much. If you continue, you will find a sucker punch from Lucifer waiting for you at the day of judgment. :(

Christ is Salvation:
May God`s Grace and Blessings be upon you.

Upvote 0

MartinM

GondolierAce
Feb 9, 2003
Visit site
✟5,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
GoDs WrAtH said:
Evolution is only a theory and as with creation, cannot be proven scientifically. Theories in science must be observed for them to become fact
Cobblers. 'Theory' does not become 'fact'. 'Theory' is the pinnacle of the scientific hierarchy. Evolution has stood through every test thrown at it, while creationism fell a very long time ago. Try to catch up with, say, the past two centuries of scientific development, then get back to us.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
I guess Germ theory is "just a theory" as well. So next time you get sick, dont bother taking antibiotics because they are based on "just a theory."

Very few christians doubt gods words. What they doubt is mans literal interpretation of these words, such as Hovinds. Hovind is not god or a divine reader of the bible, thus what people doubt is that he is right. He has been caught in so many lies and half truths that very few who know about him trust anything he says. (If you doubt me, just pick one of his claims, make a thread with it, and find out how true it is.)

GoDs WrAtH said:
Someday, if you all keep trying, perhaps you will have faith. Evolution is only a theory and as with creation, cannot be proven scientifically. Theories in science must be observed for them to become fact. Therefore, both creationism and evolution are theories. Evidence leans more and more toward creationism. Watch yourselves closely and be aware of the doubt in your hearts of the written word of God. To doubt God`s word is to call God a liar, and I don`t believe he will like that very much. If you continue, you will find a sucker punch from Lucifer waiting for you at the day of judgment. :(

Christ is Salvation:

Upvote 0

Routerider

Disciple of the Annunaki Alliance
Oct 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟17,550.00
Faith
Unitarian
Politics
US-Republican
Billy the Kid said:
I was wondering why a lot of people think he is not a good scientist? If you are wondering why I think this, it is because I have heard people say bad things about him in this forum.
Thank you for you time :D
I've rarely heard Kent talk in terms of science and I've heard his entire creation seminar. Most of his work is paranoid anti-evolution rants. I'll give you one good reason why I discount Hovind right off the cuff...he LOVES conspiracy theories and he actually BELIEVES them.

I recently listened to one of his seminars [How Satan will rule the world] and he was mentioning that the Government is deploying all kinds of equipment around the nation; tanks, cameras etc. He was painting this picture that Satan was gathering his human forces to overtake our nation and control us. I was wondering when the "trigger date" was for this and it soon became clear...Y2K. This audio recording was prior to 2000 [obviously], well we're 4 years past and not one of his paranoidal prophecies came true. It's very simple, he's delusional....blinded by dogma.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GoDs WrAtH said:

Christ is Salvation:
You brought a 2 year old thread back just for that? *cough* troll.

Upvote 0

Routerider

Oct 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟17,550.00
Faith
Unitarian
Politics
US-Republican
Jet Black said:
heh, like his "world population will be reduced to half a billion by the year 2000" prophecy. I don't hear many people mention that these days.
Yeah, he says the Free Masons, Ted Turner, ACLU etc are collectively conspiring to dwindle down the earths pop. via biological warfare or virus spreading etc. I read an interview of Ted Turner and he simply stated that he would like to see women [especially in developing nations] limit to themselves to 1 child...over 80 to 100 years the earths pop will go down to a more comfortable level [or whatever]....Hovind takes this much farther and makes it sound like they are out to commit genocide and bring the pop down by force. I find statements like that almost have to come from an evil mind [heart]...how could someone make such vicious statements like that and be filled with the love of Jesus?

Upvote 0

Routerider

Oct 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟17,550.00
Faith
Unitarian
Politics
US-Republican
I almost forgot to mention, Kent Hovind [Satan's plan to rule the world] also mentioned a "great place" to get information on what is "going on in the world".... http://www.rense.com

Rense is basically an offshoot from Art Bell...Mr. Conspiracy Theory himself. UFO/alien abductions, bigfoot, Men in Black, Shadowpeople etc...this is his idea of "information"??

And we're supposed to take Kent seriously when he dishes out his creation theories?? :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mekkala

Ungod Almighty
Dec 23, 2003
✟8,543.00
Faith
Atheist
BigJon said:
I can pretty much back up everything i say on here with the bible, and I also do believe that the majority of christians truely are not. Believing in evolution would be enough to throw out any so called christian label.

You know... you'd better hope you can't prove your ideas with the Bible, since if that's true, the Bible is demonstratably false. Which means your religion is false.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.