Kent Hovind: does anyone take him seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Zadok

Kent Hovind is a very honest and Christian man! I see no reason for anybody to attack him the way you do. I know he is far more qualified than you will ever be. And if you don't like him because you love Chuck Darwin a lot, that's your problem and there's no need for you to come and cry here.

I'm sure you haven't read or watched any of the material Dr. Hovind presents. I'm telling you, he has interviews with people, cited news articles, photos, etc. If you don't understand something he says, that reflects on you and not on Kent Hovind. It just shows you have a lot to learn."

Wow. That has to be the ignorant thing I have ever heard on this forum.

Hovind is a showman. A hypocrite, liar, conspiracy theorist wacko, self-delusional, paranoid, nut job who actually buys into this "creationism" cult nonesense.

I have actually seen a few of his videos. A 7th Day Adventist friend of mine let me borrow some of them.
I have to say, they are the biggest load of paranoid nonesense stacked atop really, really, really, bad science.

He claims to have been a science teacher for over a decade and a half. Yet, he barley manages to maintain an 8th grade scientific complection.

Anyone who actually believes him is fooling himself. I liken Hovind to a 21st century David Koresh. He is going to get some one killed with his "anti-Government" propaganda.

Hovind says, "hoard guns, hoard food, rebel... yadda yadda yadda", "the worlds gonna end, the men in black this, the new world order that"... "catholics are evil, scapegoat science, scapegoat science, scapegoat science"...

And him and all of the other "creationism" cults are hoarding over their newfound wealth they gain from all of their anti-science books, tapes, videos, and pamplets they sell.

He certainly is no more qualified to teach science than a dolphin is to write a script for a play.

Upvote 0
First and foremost I am not defending Hovind....

How about we (creationists and evolutionists) stop attacking eachother. Neither group is doing very well at convincing a member from the "other side", so to speak, of anything. Are any of the conversations on this forum really about proof and science, or are they about convincing other people of what no one can PROVE. We can all guess, hope, think, believe, suppose, hypothesis, but none of us KNOWS for a FACT when the beginning was, how we came into being, why we came into being or where we are going. All any of us can do, ultimately, is believe whatever we think to be true.

Ambrosia

Upvote 0
I have seen Hovind live and I have seen about 80% of his seminars (my wife and I are watching them now).

Now...about is conspiracy theories and such. I am completely on your page. He is off base completely.

I think that Hovind is a Christian man who believes what is saying. The problem is, he takes the research he has done (a good part of it is at www.creationscience.com) and goes too far with the New World Order junk.

If you have only seen the 5th tape in his seminar, then you are not getting the whole picture.

Most of his stuff, the stuff on the age of the earth and creation is compelling. I am not saying it is 100% correct (because I don't think you can be 100% correct when theorizing), but it is very interesting.

He does have an understanding of science, at least enough to explain Creation to people.

If you watch his videos from a standpoint of "what a moron" then that is what you will see. If you go into it looking for "the other side" I think you can learn a lot.

David

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
If you watch his videos from a standpoint of "what a moron" then that is what you will see. If you go into it looking for "the other side" I think you can learn a lot.

This is very true.

I've read some of the rebuttles and I just don't buy them. But I also hear some of Hovind's points, and I just don't buy them either. He said himself, eat the meat and throw away the bones. Alot of what he says has substance to it, but some is just too extreme.  

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.