Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As we head towards the 500 year Protestant Reformation on 10/31/2017.. Kenneth Copeland leads the way for the anti-Protestant Reformation propaganda. That born again believers should re-unite with the apostate Roman Catholic Church under Jesuit Pope Francis. They are staging a counterfeit "New Apostolic Reformation" in an attempt to destroy the true church.
He’s praising the catholics and lutherans for agreement on the gifts of the spirit. Agreement with the Holy Spirit can only be a gain for unity of faith, whether a leader or someone giving mental assent is the one acknowledging His Word in Power to unleash those who are bound by ignorance.

I have no idea what the bolded in the caption means.

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find him unbearable to watch/listen to. His overly long and melodramatic pauses are those of a manipulator, he takes forever to get to his point in order to make it seem as important as his claim.

Sorry, I don't value his opinion, especially on the topic of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As a former Catholic it set off huge alarm bells for me.

God Bless :)
As it should, it is an example of the advancing apostasy within some of the church, its a part of the Ecumenical movement, part of the signs the Lord is coming soon.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He’s praising the catholics and lutherans for agreement on the gifts of the spirit. Agreement with the Holy Spirit can only be a gain for unity of faith, whether a leader or someone giving mental assent is the one acknowledging His Word in Power to unleash those who are bound by ignorance.

I have no idea what the bolded in the caption means.

Hello Zao,

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Agreement on gifts of the Spirit? Have you read and understood the gospel that the RCC teaches? Works, purgatory and indulgences, ecumensim with Islam. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi I have seen this a few years ago and this will open a debate on what is wrong with some of the teachings in the Roman Catholic church and the significance of this move towards unity as it relates to end times or the end of this age. Unity is certainly called for in the Bible and the idea itself is not wrong for that reason. The main point was Luther broke off for the gospel and Copeland maintains Rome adheres to the things Luther protested for now that is gospel is by grace so if this were the only issue Copeland might have a point but it is not.
The pope has been maintaining that Islam worships the same God and here is a major stumbling point. One of the main tenants of Islam is God never had nor never will beget a son. This seems an impassible contradiction between Islam and Christianity. The interfaith movement is trying to bring all the worlds faiths together as equal paths towards God. This is the kind of unity we are seeing as platform of social justice includes unlimited immigration by Islam into western countries. The leftist, gay rights abortion loving side is holding hands with Islam which has a death penalty against homosexuals and they have united against those who oppose this platform which is largely evangelical Christians. In Islam they teach the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The stated goal if Islam is conquest and dominance not to integrate into a society but to take it over.
Another red flag is that all the anathemas are still on the books in Catholic doctrine which relegates to hell those who disagree with certain teachings of the church. here is a link to a lengthy list of the things that have you anathema. I read the whole list and if Copeland agrees to this he is crazier that I thought.
List of excommunicable offences from the Council of Trent - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Zao,

2 Corinthians 11:4
For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Agreement on gifts of the Spirit? Have you read and understood the gospel that the RCC teaches? Works, purgatory and indulgences, ecumensim with Islam. God Bless :)
That was taken from the words on the vid. He’s as repulsive to me as the other poster mentioned so I don’t partake of any of his words just like I don’t study catholicism for the same reason. Their God is not familiar to me. I can compare beliefs and see similarities but I cannot align myself with something that is aligned with Mammon, Molech or Baal worship, which is to say that if you do not have God in the right position in your life you are worshipping one or all of those. Substituting anything for the throne of grace to promote sanctification is a waste of time.

It’s silly to think that people are so gullible as to believe that promoting the Holy Spirit to gain power over another part of christianity is effective.

• Agree
Reactions: LeGato
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I also find Copeland almost impossible to watch. He dramatizes everything to make you think he's dealing with the root of the issue, but here he's only glossing over the reality.

Back then the RCs and Lutherans did issue a Joint Declaration on justification. It was significant in that it reconciled a lot of the differences, chalking up much of the faith-works dichotomy to semantics, and in that at least the two sides were talking. But as substantive as it may have been, by no means are all dividing issues reconciled, as Copeland seems to portray here.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"the biggest church split in history" "when the Catholic Church split"

"the beginning of the protesting church" "among the people of love we're called protesters?"

The obedient have never been split. Two or more sides of a split can all be wrong.

The orientation of Christianity includes how Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" and we are submissive to how our Heavenly Father personally rules every one of His obedient children in His own peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, if we our attention is busy with personally submitting to God in His own peace, how much time are we going to spend protesting about groups who are divided and competing about their ideas and practices? Who is calling so much attention elsewhere??

Right now, we need to be busy with seeking how God has us finding out how to relate in His love >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

This is included in our basic calling as Christians.

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

How much have self-congratulating people of self-favoring groups been bringing our attention to "forgiving one another" . . . "even as God"?

I have been with various groups. I have been told how only certain people can get us forgiven . . . not a word about how we all in Jesus are directed to forgive "even as God". Meanwhile, other people of other groups will say "only God can forgive", not a word about forgiving "even as God". But ones of different "sides" can all be not telling us what God's word says.

So, indeed it can be a trick to try to get us to pick one or the other side of something > both sides could be wrong, and both sides might have some part of what is true. And, of course, all sides can be totally away from all which God's word is saying to us > perhaps talking only or mainly about practices and ideas and historical claims.

• Winner
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"the biggest church split in history" "when the Catholic Church split"

"the beginning of the protesting church" "among the people of love we're called protesters?"

The obedient have never been split. Two or more sides of a split can all be wrong.

The orientation of Christianity includes how Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" and we are submissive to how our Heavenly Father personally rules every one of His obedient children in His own peace >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

So, if we our attention is busy with personally submitting to God in His own peace, how much time are we going to spend protesting about groups who are divided and competing about their ideas and practices? Who is calling so much attention elsewhere??

Right now, we need to be busy with seeking how God has us finding out how to relate in His love >

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

This is included in our basic calling as Christians.

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

How much have self-congratulating people of self-favoring groups been bringing our attention to "forgiving one another" . . . "even as God"?

I have been with various groups. I have been told how only certain people can get us forgiven . . . not a word about how we all in Jesus are directed to forgive "even as God". Meanwhile, other people of other groups will say "only God can forgive", not a word about forgiving "even as God". But ones of different "sides" can all be not telling us what God's word says.

So, indeed it can be a trick to try to get us to pick one or the other side of something > both sides could be wrong, and both sides might have some part of what is true. And, of course, all sides can be totally away from all which God's word is saying to us > perhaps talking only or mainly about practices and ideas and historical claims.
If someone says "only God forgives" what context were they speaking? Seems probably they were referring to the fact that a RCC Priest or Pope is not given the authority to forgive sins by GOD as it is written in the Bible , which is contrary to what the RCC teaches.
We who have Jesus as our Lord and Savior may humbly ask our Father in heaven ourselves, in the name of Jesus ---the Only intercessor, the One and ONLY mediator between God and man as scripture teaches is the man Jesus Christ.

1 TIM 2:5 "5 For there is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR between God and men, the man CHRIST Jesus, 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all—the testimony that was given at just the right time.… "

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is the story of the old priest who asked for his accountant and the local prosperity preacher to come and sit each side of him on his death bed. His assistant asked him why he wanted them there because he knew that the old priest had little time for either men. The priest replied: "My Saviour died on the cross between two thieves, and I want to follow in His footsteps!"

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Kenneth Copeland was not taking sides with Catholics or Lutherans in doctrine, but voicing the prayer of Jesus for the Church to be One in Unity. And one way is through the gifts of the Spirit be found in every denomination.

He's right.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I find him unbearable to watch/listen to. His overly long and melodramatic pauses are those of a manipulator, he takes forever to get to his point in order to make it seem as important as his claim.

Sorry, I don't value his opinion, especially on the topic of Christianity.

Petty. :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Kenneth Copeland was not taking sides with Catholics or Lutherans in doctrine, but voicing the prayer of Jesus for the Church to be One in Unity. And one way is through the gifts of the Spirit be found in every denomination.

He's right.
I have no doubt that he is right in that respect.
It is interesting however, that I have been having a good Anglican Puritan divine (The Christian in Complete Armour) speaking about how to use the Word of God as a sword. He got to a good section about using the sword of the Spirit against sins. One thing, among many good instructive things he said, was that a person can be 99% for Christ, but if he holds on to just one sin that he doesn't surrender to God, he will go to hell just the same as an unconverted sinner. He said that one cannot serve two masters. He defines "mammon" as not just covetousness, but any lust or sin that a person holds on to in resistance to God. He cannot serve Christ and that sin as well. He has to turn away from one or the other.

In the case of Kenneth Copeland, it seems that his one sin is covetousness, and if he is in the ministry just to amass wealth, even though he may teach and say many good things, his possibly unsurrendered covetous could pull him down into hell. In the judgment, Jesus could very ask him why he used the offerings of ordinary hardworking people to amass wealth for himself. He might find that question very difficult to answer when confronted with the full light of God's Word on the matter.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I have no doubt that he is right in that respect.
It is interesting however, that I have been having a good Anglican Puritan divine (The Christian in Complete Armour) speaking about how to use the Word of God as a sword. He got to a good section about using the sword of the Spirit against sins. One thing, among many good instructive things he said, was that a person can be 99% for Christ, but if he holds on to just one sin that he doesn't surrender to God, he will go to hell just the same as an unconverted sinner. He said that one cannot serve two masters. He defines "mammon" as not just covetousness, but any lust or sin that a person holds on to in resistance to God. He cannot serve Christ and that sin as well. He has to turn away from one or the other.

In the case of Kenneth Copeland, it seems that his one sin is covetousness, and if he is in the ministry just to amass wealth, even though he may teach and say many good things, his possibly unsurrendered covetous could pull him down into hell. In the judgment, Jesus could very ask him why he used the offerings of ordinary hardworking people to amass wealth for himself. He might find that question very difficult to answer when confronted with the full light of God's Word on the matter.

Oh my, you don't know Copeland at all. So don't you now bear false witness against him. That's a sin too. LOL Covetousness, is also one who once has what he covets, never gives it away. They hoard wealth. You may be right about some, but do you actually know them to know what you are talking about?

One man who worked on Copeland's staff and traveled with him in Copeland's jet to different speaking engagements said, he was always afraid to travel with Copeland, because invariably, if the ministry they went to didn't have their own plane, Copeland would give them his. Then they all had to pay for commercial plane tickets to get back home!

Copeland and his wife are both huge givers, and never willfully sin. Gloria, if something breaks on her clothing and she needs a safety pin, and there is one on the floor, she never picks it up and uses it without first paying the ministry they are at for it.

I may not listen to Copeland or other WoF ministers generally, but I would never say anything against those the Lord has obviously anointed. I listened to the OP's video, and Copeland was right. WoF is right about one thing in their prosperity movement - you can't out give God.

And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts,
“If I will not open for you the windows of heaven
And pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

He's right.

Hello CharismaticLady. I don't believe there can't be unity when there are serious disagreements on foundational doctrines, as a former RC I can tell you that the 'gospel' the RCC preaches is a different gospel.

For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. (2 Cor 11:4).

At best I would say Kenneth Copeland is seriously deluded.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello CharismaticLady. I don't believe there can't be unity when there are serious disagreements on foundational doctrines, as a former RC I can tell you that the 'gospel' the RCC preaches is a different gospel.

For if someone comes to you and preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the Spirit you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough. (2 Cor 11:4).

At best I would say Kenneth Copeland is seriously deluded.

Then you are not grasping what Copeland means, unless you don't believe the prayer of Jesus either that we all be united in Him. The core issues of the RCC, are the same as any other Christian denomination.

We would all do well to love and emulate Christ as much as Copeland does.

Upvote 0