Ken Ham is debating Bill Nye

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
My ego has nothing to do with the [alleged] mistake, made by scientists at the expense of a generation of children.

And for the record, I'm not so sure it was a mistake, either.

Now you are being overly dramatic. It is estimated worldwide that the number of victims was 10,000 to 20,000. That number is nothing to sneeze at, but you don't help matters by calling it a "generation" of children. Technically a generation of children would be in the hundreds of millions at the least.

Only a small percentage of women had this problem The problem was quickly traced down and eliminated due to science, not in spite of it.

If you don't like science you should not be benefiting from it. Dump the computer, the refrigerator, the TV, the air conditioner. In fact anything that uses electricity in any way. In fact I am fairly sure that AV could not live without the benefits of science, nor could I. In fact hardly anyone here would not quickly freeze or starve to death here without the benefits of science.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Only a small percentage of women had this problem
What do you mean "a small percentage"?

I take it all of them did.

Are you saying a small percentage of the female population of the earth, or are you saying a small percentage of the women who took Thalidomide?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean "a small percentage"?

I take it all of them did.

Are you saying a small percentage of the female population of the earth, or are you saying a small percentage of the women who took Thalidomide?

Prove it. I would be willing to bet that you are wrong. Again, while thalidomide was prescribed between ten and twenty thousand thalidomide babies were born. Do you think only ten or twenty thousand pregnant women ever took the drug, and that figure is worldwide.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prove it. I would be willing to bet that you are wrong. Again, while thalidomide was prescribed between ten and twenty thousand thalidomide babies were born. Do you think only ten or twenty thousand pregnant women ever took the drug, and that figure is worldwide.
QV please:
Fifty years ago, the sedative Thalidomide was withdrawn after thousands of mothers gave birth to disabled babies. That ageing Thalidomide generation now faces rising care bills - but some hope a possible Nazi link to the drug could bring more compensation.

SOURCE
A new scientific study seen exclusively by the BBC indicates that the drug Thalidomide is still causing birth defects in Brazil today. It's been given to people suffering from leprosy to ease some of their symptoms, and some women have taken it unaware of the risks they run when pregnant.

SOURCE
But Thalidomide remains controversial.

Writing in the Observer last month, legendary British newspaper editor Harold Evans said the German company -- despite its apology -- had still not acknowledged that it ignored evidence during the testing phase -- and after it was released in 1957.

"A lie wrapped in an apology is still a lie," Mr. Evans said.

SOURCE

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now you are being overly dramatic.

Drama and hysterics is all the religious crowd has when their arguments invariably fall apart.

That's why the Ham/Nye debate is going to be such a waste of time.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since the debate will be held at the creation museum and we all know how anti science they are; will the debate be broadcast by smoke signals :confused:
Yes ... from burning oil rigs, manned by Thalidomide adults.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My ego has nothing to do with the [alleged] mistake, made by scientists at the expense of a generation of children.

And for the record, I'm not so sure it was a mistake, either.
Ah yes; Science has to be blamed for corporate decisions that have dire social consequences. Right, gotcha!:doh:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah yes; Science has to be blamed for corporate decisions that have dire social consequences. Right, gotcha!:doh:

You must have missed the post where I went into detail to justify my belief.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only detail is that your ego precludes you from admitting your error, or seeing the truth.
Keep telling yourself that.

You might actually believe it one day.

Upvote 0