West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's not bigotry. Stop misusing that word.

Ken Ham has been known to tell lies and be misleading. Even his fellow creationists have called him on this.

Creation Science Rebuttals, Answers in Genesis Daily Feature, Ham Can't Tell the Simple Truth! (They Can't Allow It)

exactly what lie was told, mention just one please and we can talk about it. My quess is you just googled it without actually reading it. I have yet to see a creationist involved in purposefull willing lies or deciet. Doesn't mean they are perfect or don't ever tell a white lie, but openly on a debate or article, no I haven't seen one. Worst case is that they are misinformed. And thats not the definition of lying. This is yet another fallacy from your camp. Straw manning, ad hominem, poisoning the well, and a few others.

Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is nothing to interpret. It plainly states those things.

Over here in my neck of the woods I don't know of any Christians
that accept evolution. I even know quite a few non-Christians that
also do not accept evolution.

Well, in my neck of the woods I don't know of any Christians who don't accept evolution.

The power of anecdote.

Upvote 0

Black Akuma

Shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die...
Dec 8, 2013
✟16,344.00
Faith
Seeker
I have yet to see a creationist involved in purposefull willing lies or deciet.

Yes, you have. This is a lie, right there.

Remember the topic you did, where we had that quote mine from Sir Arthur Keith in the 100th Anniversary Edition of Origin of Species...and Sir Arthur Keith had been dead for five years at that time that book came out? You even admitted that one was a crock. Are you really going to make me dig it up? It was only like a month or so ago.

And no, I'm not 'poisoning the well'. Poisoning the well would require me to present this information to his audience. If Bill Nye started off the debate by pointing out all these things about Ken Ham - true or false - then he would be poisoning the well. Since I'm not debating Ken Ham, I can't poison the well.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
exactly what lie was told, mention just one please and we can talk about it. My quess is you just googled it without actually reading it. I have yet to see a creationist involved in purposefull willing lies or deciet. Doesn't mean they are perfect or don't ever tell a white lie, but openly on a debate or article, no I haven't seen one. Worst case is that they are misinformed. And thats not the definition of lying. This is yet another fallacy from your camp. Straw manning, ad hominem, poisoning the well, and a few others.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Eight Foot Manchild

His Supreme Holy Correctfulness
Sep 9, 2010
Somerville, MA, USA
✟147,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, the debate format often favors creationists. Not because they have any facts on their side, but because they aren't burdened by an adherence to reality the way scientists are. There are time constraints, and it can take ten minutes to debunk a lie that takes ten seconds to say.

Lying comes as easy as breathing to Ken Ham, so in all likelihood, this 'debate' will amount to Bill Nye correcting him the entire time. Which won't be surprising, since that is all that ever happens in any creationism vs. science 'debate'.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So was Thalidomide before it hit the market.

And Thalidomide remains an excellent treatment for leprosy, and a pretty good treatment for certain forms of cancer -- as long as patients follow the "Do not use if pregnant" warnings.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing to interpret. It plainly states those things.

Over here in my neck of the woods I don't know of any Christians
that accept evolution. I even know quite a few non-Christians that
also do not accept evolution.

There is nothing clear in the Bible. That is why there are over 10,000 different denominations and growing. They all think that they have the one and only correct interpretation of it. In fact the current estimated are from thirty to forth thousand different interpretations of the Bible:

How many christian denominations worldwide? | the Way?

What is clear to you is clearly denied by other sects of your cult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And Thalidomide remains an excellent treatment for leprosy, and a pretty good treatment for certain forms of cancer -- as long as patients follow the "Do not use if pregnant" warnings.
That warning came a little late for some, didn't it?

Upvote 0

FredHoyle

Jan 1, 2014
✟831.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I guess as God knows everything any warnings should have come from him so it could be argued that it was Gods fault,
or do you think we have the power to change any plans God might have had? as an unbeliever I would say it was all down to man but as a believer you would say that ultimately everything is down to God.
Does a leaf fall without God knowing?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess as God knows everything any warnings should have come from him so it could be argued that it was Gods fault,
God is warning the lost about Hell.

I assume that's His fault too?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Perhaps if they had a little more faith in God, they wouldn't have needed any medicines at all, right?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
God is warning the lost about Hell.

I assume that's His fault too?

Well, there no denying that he subcontracted that job out to some vastly inferior personnel...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.