✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If ye love Jesus, keep his commandments

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son, the man Christ Jesus , and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And he shall give you the Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Which is the Spirit of Jesus; whom the world cannot receive, because he does not manifest himself to them, neither does the world know him.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Jesus will not leave you comfortless: his Spirit will come to you.

The world does not see him anymore; but you will see him: because he lives in the spiritual body of God, ye shall live also in that spirit.

At that day ye shall know that the Spirit of Jesus is in the spiritual body of the God, and you through his Spirit are in the spiritual body of Jesus, and the Spirit of Jesus in you.

He that hath his commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth him: and he that loveth him shall be loved of Jesus and he will manifest himself to him.

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

If a man love Jesus, he will keep his commandments: and Jesus will love him, and his Spirit will come to him, and the Spirit of Jesus will make his abode with him.

And hereby we know that Jesus abideth in us, by his Spirit of love which he hath given us.

Beloved, let us love one another: because loving the brethren is of the Spirit of Jesus; and every one that loveth is born of his Spirit, and knoweth his Spirit.

He that loveth not knoweth not the Spirit of Jesus; because the Spirit of Jesus is love.

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So what's the application? What commandments do you personally need to keep so God will keep sending you the Holy Spirit?
He sends it once because he knows the end from the beginning. Those who have the Commandments listed in the message and keeps them he will receive the Holy Spirit. Which comes with a manifestation of Christ crucified.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
He sends it once because he knows the end from the beginning. Those who have the Commandments listed in the message and keeps them he will receive the Holy Spirit. Which comes with a manifestation of Christ crucified.
I tend to apply it to mean the law of liberty James talks about which is not a written law, but a nature that lives within us.

Upvote 0

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I tend to apply it to mean the law of liberty James talks about which is not a written law, but a nature that lives within us.
The laws that are written in a believer's heart is Faith and love. Which is the reason why you see Christ crucified when you receive his Spirit. Jesus is the first law which is by faith and him dying for the brethren is the second which is by love and also fulfills the law of Moses. Jesus is not a hypocrite, not only did he teach those laws, he did them.

This is his commandment, That ye love the brethren, as he loved them.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for his sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Being baptized into Christ by one with the Spirit of Christ is to lose your old life, and you being in the person of Christ are to do the work of Christ by his Spirit which he gives you. This is what it means to lose your life which Christ spoke of.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The laws that are written in a believer's heart is Faith and love. Which is the reason why you see Christ crucified when you receive his Spirit. Jesus is the first law which is by faith and him dying for the brethren is the second which is by love and also fulfills the law of Moses. Jesus is not a hypocrite, not only did he teach those laws, he did them.

This is his commandment, That ye love the brethren, as he loved them.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Being baptized into Christ by one with the Spirit of Christ is to lose your old life, and you being in the person of Christ are to do the work of Christ by his Spirit which he gives you. This is what it means to lose your life which Christ spoke of.
I recall now something in the proverbs about what it means when someone needs to use too many words to explain something.

The image decoded in your post reminds me of the music video of an old christian song.

I don't need a respirator.

Upvote 0

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I recall now something in the proverbs about what it means when someone needs to use too many words to explain something.

The image decoded in your post reminds me of the music video of an old christian song.

I don't need a respirator.
I could help you understand these things if you ask. What things are you having trouble understanding?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I could help you understand these things if you ask. What things are you having trouble understanding?
I receive the Holy Spirit continually with out all the extra stuff you're talking about. That's the main confusing part.

Upvote 0

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I receive the Holy Spirit continually with out all the extra stuff you're talking about. That's the main confusing part.
I'm just interpreting the scripture in John 14. Only those who keep the Commandments in 1st John 3 verse 23 in the King James Bible have the Holy Spirit. And receiving this Holy Spirit comes with the vision of Christ crucified. This is a true witness of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm just interpreting the scripture in John 14. Only those who keep the Commandments in 1st John 3 verse 23 in the King James Bible have the Holy Spirit. And receiving this Holy Spirit comes with the vision of Christ crucified. This is a true witness of Jesus.
Not really.

The Gospel of John is read understanding that the Mark, Luke, and Matthew were written first. You need to apply those Gospels first, before John will even make sense.

The vision part is not in the scripture.

Reactions: DeborahG.
Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If ye love Jesus, keep his commandments

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son, the man Christ Jesus , and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And he shall give you the Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Which is the Spirit of Jesus; whom the world cannot receive, because he does not manifest himself to them, neither does the world know him.

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Jesus will not leave you comfortless: his Spirit will come to you.

The world does not see him anymore; but you will see him: because he lives in the spiritual body of God, ye shall live also in that spirit.

At that day ye shall know that the Spirit of Jesus is in the spiritual body of the God, and you through his Spirit are in the spiritual body of Jesus, and the Spirit of Jesus in you.

He that hath his commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth him: and he that loveth him shall be loved of Jesus and he will manifest himself to him.

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.

If a man love Jesus, he will keep his commandments: and Jesus will love him, and his Spirit will come to him, and the Spirit of Jesus will make his abode with him.

And hereby we know that Jesus abideth in us, by his Spirit of love which he hath given us.

Beloved, let us love one another: because loving the brethren is of the Spirit of Jesus; and every one that loveth is born of his Spirit, and knoweth his Spirit.

He that loveth not knoweth not the Spirit of Jesus; because the Spirit of Jesus is love.
"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
  • Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
Commentary:
a. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you: We are told to keep on asking, seeking and knocking. "All three verbs are continuous: Jesus is not speaking of single activities, but of those that persist." (Morris)

i. These descriptions speak of an earnestness and intensity; all too often, our prayers are merely wishes cast up to heaven, and this is not real prayer.
b. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Any human father loves to bless his children, and would never answer a simple request for something good with something evil. If that is case with us, how much more will God answer us, though sometimes it doesn't seem so!
c. God especially delights in giving the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. We never need doubt God's desire to pour out His Spirit. The problem is in our receiving, not in God's desire to give.

Source said:
Guzik, David. "Study Guide for Acts 8." Enduring Word. Blue Letter Bible. 7 Jul, 2006. 2019. 24 Mar 2019.
<http:// www.blbclassic.org/commentaries/comm_view.cfm?AuthorID=2&
contentID=20104&commInfo=31&topic=Acts&ar=Act_8_20

So a gift isn't earned; for none of us would ever deserve the Holy Spirit - we need only ask with the right intent of the heart turning from our sin unto the love of God. If, however, the intent of our heart is impure and we ask from evil motives we have no portion in Gim.
  • Acts 8:20 But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.

Upvote 0

psalm911

Feb 26, 2019
kingston
✟6,171.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
  • Luke 11:13 "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"
Commentary:
a. Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you: We are told to keep on asking, seeking and knocking. "All three verbs are continuous: Jesus is not speaking of single activities, but of those that persist." (Morris)

i. These descriptions speak of an earnestness and intensity; all too often, our prayers are merely wishes cast up to heaven, and this is not real prayer.
b. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Any human father loves to bless his children, and would never answer a simple request for something good with something evil. If that is case with us, how much more will God answer us, though sometimes it doesn't seem so!
c. God especially delights in giving the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him. We never need doubt God's desire to pour out His Spirit. The problem is in our receiving, not in God's desire to give.

So a gift isn't earned; for none of us would ever deserve the Holy Spirit - we need only ask with the right intent of the heart turning from our sin unto the love of God. If, however, the intent of our heart is impure and we ask from evil motives we have no portion in Gim.
  • Acts 8:20 But Peter said to him, "Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.

This is the condemnation, that eternal life is come into the world, and men loved death rather than life, because their works were of man.

because every one that doeth the works of man hateth the life, neither cometh to the life, or else his works should be corrected.

But he that doeth the commandments of God cometh to the life, that his works may be made seen, that they are worked in Jesus.

as it is written:

And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their works.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Christ.
And ye will not come to Christ, that ye might have life.
Christ receives not honour from men.
But he knows you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

because this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit of Christ in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit of love which he hath given us.
whom God hath given to them that obey him.

You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God.
Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray Jesus, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,475.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think keeping the commandments is how we receive the Holy spirit, but if you sin after receiving him, you will grieve and make him smaller in you, or he can just leave if you just don't stop sinning, you can't be with the Holy spirit and swim in sin at the same time that is for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0